+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Photo Resubmission 2022 Timeline

Hani1122

Apr 6, 2023
No i didnt get any email just saw updated status on my gckey

this thing has happened with me before as well when my spousal sponsorship was in process i saw updated status on my gckey and the very next day i got an email from them requesting more documents

legaltrr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2023
Here is the history of my case

Landing Date - 5th Nov 2022
Photo Resubmission request (by physical letter) - Jan 23
Photo resubmitted and delivered on 8th Feb 2023
Ghost update - 28th March
Mail stating status has changes - 29th March

Post which no communication and no mail or message. I reached out to them via web form (cant call, as i am out of the country now), got a reply on 21st April that they need my address which i submitted visa webform the same day.
Now today I received a message (titled correspondence letter) in my gc key account stating that my application has been recieved on 5th Nov 2022 (the date i landed).

Not sure what this means? Any idea or help on what to expect next?

Last edited:

legaltrr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2023

Post which no communication and no mail or message. I reached out to them via web form (cant call, as i am out of the country now), got a reply on 21st April that they need my address which i submitted visa webform the same day.
Now today I received a message (titled correspondence letter) in my gc key account stating that my application has been recieved on 5th Nov 2022 (the date i landed).

[/QUOTE}

Any ideas? i am not getting any response on by webform (only generic replies).

legaltrr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2023

Update -

I was able to contact IRCC through phone, i was told that my application is still not processed. The agent said they will send a message to the office and ask them for an update.

Not sure what to do other than wait ....

ZaFa

Nov 20, 2019
Hey,
So they have mailed my PR card. I have been waiting 8 plus months. I sent an email to the local MP where I live. And they contacted the immigration office on my behalf and marked my file as urgent. In two weeks time the immigration officer approved my picture and now I’m just waiting for the card.

If anyone else is in same position trying contacting your local MP for help

Ren26

Apr 21, 2021
I landed on 9th Nov 2022 with my family and they all got their PR cards within 2 months. There was no update for me for 6 months and yesterday I got a letter stating that the photo got rejected and I need to submit another one. It took them 6 months to figure this out.

Now I have to send the photos again and not sure how long is the wait after that.

Prayedup12

Jan 4, 2023
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know what it’s looking like for PR cards for anyone who got photo resubmission requests? I got my ECOPR on Feb 2 this year and then got the photo resubmission request on Feb 22. I submitted a new photo the same day and haven’t gotten an update since. I’ve sent web forms and only got generic responses. I’ve called IRCC twice and only been told it’s “processing” and on the PR portal the photo is still “in review”. I’m supposed to leave Canada next month and I’m getting anxious to get my PR card and close this chapter. Anyone in the same boat or have an idea what’s going on?

ryunsky

Mar 2, 2017
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know what it’s looking like for PR cards for anyone who got photo resubmission requests? I got my ECOPR on Feb 2 this year and then got the photo resubmission request on Feb 22. I submitted a new photo the same day and haven’t gotten an update since. I’ve sent web forms and only got generic responses. I’ve called IRCC twice and only been told it’s “processing” and on the PR portal the photo is still “in review”. I’m supposed to leave Canada next month and I’m getting anxious to get my PR card and close this chapter. Anyone in the same boat or have an idea what’s going on?
Same here. resubmitted photo on Feb 23. no update since then

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
I submitted my PR Card renewal application today i.e., June 6th. Can someone confirm on either of the following?
1. Within how many days of the application submission date, IRCC should have reviewed and confirmed on the photo either way good or bad.
or
2. After how many days from the application submission date, I can assume that I will no longer get any objection on the photo in case no comments were received by that day.

speedthestar

Dec 19, 2019
Hi. Is it okay to submit photos clicked in India since a soft landing was done?
Is ot better to mail directly from India or send it through relative in Camada whose address was given for PR card delivery at time of landing?

Dreddy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi, anyone knows which month envelops are they opening? My photo was received by IRCC on June 7th and no update yet