Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
My client ID does not have a dash either, Karlshammer.

Maybe your type of ID number is reserved for those who are more dashing.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hahaha! :)

The client ID number is not listed with a dash on the COPR, but it is on most other documents, and I believe you do have to put the dash in to use it to access eCAS. At least that's what the instructions for eCAS said.

toby said:
My client ID does not have a dash either, Karlshammer.

Maybe your type of ID number is reserved for those who are more dashing.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
we didn't use the dash either as we simply didn't have it and always got access to ecas without any problem.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmm. Then I have no explanation. :)

Suin said:
we didn't use the dash either as we simply didn't have it and always got access to ecas without any problem.

rb.emailme

Mar 18, 2008
PMM,Leon,Karl et all.
I was able to call and speak to an agent from the number provided. The Client ID # is the one without dashes and a good time to call is before noon est. Looks like their system did have the new mailing address (which was updated thru ecas). However the agent informed that now they need new photographs to issue PR card as the old photos provided do not comply. Not sure why the IO at canada accepted it !
Is there a way to provide CIC the required photos via mail ? looks like they want to take the photos in person ?
this is getting more interesting ..mr murphy !

Thanks for your help.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
no, they require you to come in person for taking pictures.

rb.emailme

Mar 18, 2008
Thanks Suin for the info..
CIC has some weird rules .. oh well.. ???
the catch 22 now.. apply for travel document ..spend couple of thousand grand again for photos (on top of thousands already spend :eek:).. and travel again ....
I guess we got no choice .. :(

maoist

Jul 18, 2009
hi

how come the IO didn't accept your friend's address?
is your friend's address a residential address in canada?
if they don't accept friend's address, what kind of address do we have to supply them?
buy or rent our own house in canada before landing as PR?

thank u

rb.emailme said:
Hi,
We completed our landing process via road from the US and returned the same day to US. During landing, the canadian IO at Peace Bridge did not accept our friends address to mail the PR card and we were told to provide the canadian address within 180 days for PR or reapply. No form or any info was provided to us on how to do that.

a) What options do we have to provide our friends address in canada when we are outside Canada ? Will that still be acceptable (when updating the address from CIC website it does not provide any confirmation of address change)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They should accept any address you give them as long as you tell them that you will be staying at that address when the PR card arrives. If you tell them that you will not be staying there because you are only coming to land and staying for a short time or that you are looking for a place of your own and will not be living at your friends house, they may tell you that they will hold your PR card until you have an address of your own in Canada.

You can also tell them when you land that you do not have an address yet and tell them that you will let them know when you do. A woman I know of, had been refused when she landed to get her PR card sent to a relatives house because she was not planning on staying that long. They gave her a form to send to CIC once she had an address in Canada and she used the form to notify them, days after her landing, that she had an address already, her relatives address which had been refused by the IO. On the form it was accepted, the PR card was mailed there and the relatives mailed it to her.

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
For reference, e-CAS works just fine with or without the dash.

prseeker

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Hello Nix1
Did you update your new address on eCas and call them from US? I heard that if you update your address from US they will come to know that you are not in Canada? Please advise.