+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Expires

rayan123

Jan 30, 2009
Hi All, Please advise.

I wish to have all your advise that as my PR card expires this Nov 2013, should I take a chance to enter Canada. Would I be stopped by the immigration officer or I can enter smoothly without any hassles. The Q of hiding of PR expiry for 2 years and then approaching immigration that I lived in canada for 2 years, will they consider it and renew my PR for next 5 years. Would I be able to visit my family after 2 years or can sponsor them then.

In these 2 years, how I will manage to work and earn, will my identity revealed by any means. Please please advise.

Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
1) Where are you now?
2) Do you meet the residency obligation requirements?
3) Are you visa-exempt?
4) What are your plans for the future?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you do not meet the residency obligation and have no H&C grounds for not doing it, your only chance to keep your PR is entering before your PR card expires and hope that you will not be reported on entry. You should go as soon as possible so you will have time to apply for your health card and drivers license before your PR card expires. After that, you do not need the PR card any more. You can work and go about your daily life. It is very unlikely that immigration will become aware of your situation. You just can't leave Canada. After 2 years, your PR status will be back in good standing and you can renew your PR card and sponsor your family.

rayan123

Jan 30, 2009
Dear Zardoz,

I am in Doha, Qatar and holding Indian Passport now.
About my future plans, i can't say anything. I always dream t of settling in Canada and was to leave Qatar n go in Sep 2011, but I tried a lot for job nothing came in hand. I have a family with 2 kids and good job here. I still wish to go Canada and have not given hopes.

Please advise, if I go now, do they catch me on arrival or I can enter easily and stay there, work there for 2 years. I also have SIN card issued to me. Will I be able to work easily.

Awaiting your advise, thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It sounds as though from what you said that there is no possibility of meeting the residency obligation requirements before your card expires. There is a definite possibility that you will be reported even if you returned today. All you can do is to try. Have you actually calculated how many days you have been in Canada since you landed (assuming that you are currently on your first PR card)?

rayan123

Jan 30, 2009
Dear Zardoz,

I first landed on Sep 25, 2008 with my wife and son and returned back on Oct 16, 2008, since then didnt go back. I really wish to go now but afraid if I will be stopped. Please advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rayan123 said:
Dear Zardoz,

I first landed on Sep 25, 2008 with my wife and son and returned back on Oct 16, 2008, since then didnt go back. I really wish to go now but afraid if I will be stopped. Please advise.
You won't be stopped from entering Canada as long as your PR card is valid. Based on the reports we've seen here, people are usually able to enter Canada without being reported. However it is impossible for us to guess if you will be reported or not. If you are not reported, then you will have to remain in Canada for two years without leaving and then apply to renew your PR card. During this time, you will not be able to re-sponsor your family for PR. You will have to wait until you have a valid PR card again and meet the residency obligation before you try sponsoring them. If, on the other hand, you are reported when you enter Canada - then you will have to appear in front of a judge to argue why you should be allowed to keep your PR status. If the judge rules against you, then your PR status will be revoked and you will be asked to leave Canada. Once again, it's impossible for us to say if you will be reported on not when you enter Canada.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
rayan123 said:
Dear Zardoz,

If I were you, I would take the chance. You do not need a valid PR Card for any reason except for travel. You can live and work in Canada for the next two years without having a valid PR card, you just won't be able to travel outside of Canada

rayan123

Jan 30, 2009
If I will be able to enter and then stay for 2 years, will it be easy for me to live and earn. Will there by chance I will be caught by authorities or reported by someone who knows I do not possess valid PR card ??

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You will be entitled to work. That doesn't mean that you will be able to find any. Once you are inside Canada you should be OK.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayan123 said:
Dear Zardoz,

I am in Doha, Qatar and holding Indian Passport now.
About my future plans, i can't say anything. I always dream t of settling in Canada and was to leave Qatar n go in Sep 2011, but I tried a lot for job nothing came in hand. I have a family with 2 kids and good job here. I still wish to go Canada and have not given hopes.

Please advise, if I go now, do they catch me on arrival or I can enter easily and stay there, work there for 2 years. I also have SIN card issued to me. Will I be able to work easily.

Awaiting your advise, thanks.
1. How long were you trying for your job?
2. Did you attend any interviews?
3. Do you have proof of rejection letters?
4. How many days did you live in Canada while job hunting?
5. What is your method of job hunting?
6. Had you resigned from your job in Doha when landing?

CIC lawyer will set the scene with these questions if you try the H&C route or appeal any report. PR Status is for you to live in Canada not to have long term visitor status. If you get in without being reported don't leave for 2 years and don't deal with CIC/CBSA so no sponsorship, travel or PR Card application. Your employability will be influenced by your type of job, qualifications, skill/experience, attitude, network, language skills as well as the state of the relevant industry.

rayan123

Jan 30, 2009
1. How long were you trying for your job? about 3-4 months in May 2011, just before I planned to go back to Canada (Sept 2011)
2. Did you attend any interviews? nope
3. Do you have proof of rejection letters? nope
4. How many days did you live in Canada while job hunting? a week less than a month.
5. What is your method of job hunting? web searching, registered with job finders.
6. Had you resigned from your job in Doha when landing? no, i went with my wife and kid to land and return (Sept 2008)

As the Q raised by you that "Your employability will be influenced by your type of job, qualifications, skill/experience, attitude, network, language skills as well as the state of the relevant industry". I am right now working with state oil company in Qatar on permanent contract and being paid 3000$ in addition to free housing, medical, schooling for kids and paid leave with air tickets for family yearly, bonus, etc. But the problem is the type of life here is if I compare, canada looks good to my eyes. Please advise, should I take step to leave Qatar and go to try my luck. My wife cannot accompany me, as i have second child, who doesnt have PR card.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on your answers any appeal to being reported would fail. You hardly stayed in Canada. The Immigration and Refugee Board dealing with appeals sees this 'lifestyle' pattern everyday and its easy to show you took a vacation, landed and went back to your previous job. I can't advice you what to do but you can't live in Qatar and keep your PR....you are on your way to losing it.