+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR approval

bamboohamboo

Sep 24, 2022
Hi everyone, so let's say I receive the PR approval by E-Mail, can I get back my passport?
I'm a refugee and planning to travel with it. Yes I know it might be risky but I don't care anymore. they better fix their broken system until then I'll travel with it.

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hi everyone, so let's say I receive the PR approval by E-Mail, can I get back my passport?
I'm a refugee and planning to travel with it. Yes I know it might be risky but I don't care anymore. they better fix their broken system until then I'll travel with it.
You cant use your country passport to travel as a protected person you will need to apply for traveling document

bamboohamboo

Sep 24, 2022
this might be not allowed but you can do it and then they will ask you why you did it!
Of course I do have my reasons for that. CISA agent once said it's not allowed because of anything happened abroad you can't use a representative from Canada to solve it based on the paper you have!
but anyway you can travel with it but they might ask you why.
but you didn't answer my main question!

Jok Sue

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
The location of your home country's passport is mentioned in the seizure document you received when you first claimed asylum

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
To answer your question you need to have your PR card in order to request your passport back. You have any nearby CBSA office to have your documents returned back to you they will check in their system if they have it there where you claim was heard or if you have moved provinces so they put a request to have your documents returned to their office. They will call you once they have it

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
As for me I made my claim in Montreal and later moved to Alberta transferred my file to Alberta as well. Got my hearing & PR in Alberta moved out to Ontario went to Mississauga CBSA office to see where my documents are they told me that's in Montreal i had to fill a form to request my passport to be sent to CBSA Mississauga that's how i got mine back.

Jok Sue

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
As for me I made my claim in Montreal and later moved to Alberta transferred my file to Alberta as well. Got my hearing & PR in Alberta moved out to Ontario went to Mississauga CBSA office to see where my documents are they told me that's in Montreal i had to fill a form to request my passport to be sent to CBSA Mississauga that's how i got mine back.
Was there any fees associated with this process?

Reactions: Faisalkhan555

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
this might be not allowed but you can do it and then they will ask you why you did it!
Of course I do have my reasons for that. CISA agent once said it's not allowed because of anything happened abroad you can't use a representative from Canada to solve it based on the paper you have!
but anyway you can travel with it but they might ask you why.
but you didn't answer my main question!
The CBSA agent didn’t give you the correct information or not the full information at least. You can’t use your home country passport because that is considered reavailment. If you use your home country passport that means you are traveling under the protection of your home country government. If you Feel safe enough to travel using your home country passport then you would feel safe enough to return to your home country. Why risk your status in Canada and be on edge until you get citizenship not knowing if you will be charged with reavailment and potentially lose your status in Canada? You should be applying for an RTD and traveling using the RTD. If you travel with your home country passport you should use it knowing that it could lead to having to return to your home country. Protected people using their home country passport or returning to their home country before becoming a Canadian citizen is taken quite seriously and CBSA agents and IRCC are looking out for protected people who do either of these things. So many people would love to come to Canada to seek safety and you are willing to throw it all away.

Last edited:

bamboohamboo

Sep 24, 2022
The CBSA agent didn’t give you the correct information or not the full information at least. You can’t use your home country passport because that is considered reavailment. If you use your home country passport that means you are traveling under the protection of your home country government. If you Feel safe enough to travel using your home country passport then you would feel safe enough to return to your home country. Why risk your status in Canada and be on edge until you get citizenship not knowing if you will be charged with reavailment and potentially lose your status in Canada? You should be applying for an RTD and traveling using the RTD. If you travel with your home country passport you should use it knowing that it could lead to having to return to your home country. Protected people using their home country passport or returning to their home country before becoming a Canadian citizen is taken quite seriously and CBSA agents and IRCC are looking out for protected people who do either of these things. So many people would love to come to Canada to seek safety and you are willing to throw it all away.
well not me who said that, it's the agent.
quick edit: I've seen dozens of people traveling on their own country passport including Syrian's refugees and that HAPPENED IN FRONT OF MY EYES of course with their PR too.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
well not me who said that, it's the agent.
quick edit: I've seen dozens of people traveling on their own country passport including Syrian's refugees and that HAPPENED IN FRONT OF MY EYES of course with their PR too.
A PR can travel on their home country passport as long as they don't travel to their home country. If they travel to their home country, then they put themselves at risk of cessation when they apply for Canadian citizenship and risk having their PR status revoked by Canada. Some people are able to travel to their home country without this happening but there are others who end up losing their PR status and being forced to leave Canada. So it's only travel to the home country that's a risk. Of course once you are a Canadian citizen, you can do whatever you want.

bamboohamboo

Sep 24, 2022
A PR can travel on their home country passport as long as they don't travel to their home country. If they travel to their home country, then they put themselves at risk of cessation when they apply for Canadian citizenship and risk having their PR status revoked by Canada. Some people are able to travel to their home country without this happening but there are others who end up losing their PR status and being forced to leave Canada. So it's only travel to the home country that's a risk. Of course once you are a Canadian citizen, you can do whatever you want.
Well that's my point brother, I have never mentioned visiting my home country where I have suffered of death for sure I won't go there even with a citizenship lol
What I have said is that I urgently need to travel and I can't wait no more for that Refugee travel document especially since I've been waiting for a while now for it and no hope and I need to travel somewhere else urgently to do something it's serious no joke!
I was pretty sure it's allowed but in case anyone said anything I do have the prof it's urgent though.
Thanks btw.
Edit: I have tried everything possible to have that RTD earlier but with no success and even the parliament member office said it's really urgent BUT WITH NO SUCCESS as well and people keeps saying why I'm frustrated. If my case is Urgent with many evidences WHY THEY DO INCLUDE URGENT option if it doesn't work!