+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application longer than normal processing times

ibrahimabulabannnn

Nov 6, 2023
I have a flight on dec 13th and applied for my pr renewal over three months ago. it has exceeded normal processing time and I have sent two webforms and no reply. I also contacted my MP and no update from her either. What am I supposed to do? I see people here getting their PR renewal during normal processing times, which makes me wonder whats happening to my application.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I have a flight on dec 13th and applied for my pr renewal over three months ago. it has exceeded normal processing time and I have sent two webforms and no reply. I also contacted my MP and no update from her either. What am I supposed to do? I see people here getting their PR renewal during normal processing times, which makes me wonder whats happening to my application.
Do you mean 'PR card renewal'? If so, just get a PRTD.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My trip is only for a month, the PRTD will take longer than a month. I have college.
Are you sure? PRTDs don't normally take longer than a month. However it can depend which country you are in.

Your options for returning to Canada are:

1) With a valid PR card.
2) With a valid PRTD.
3) Fly to the US if you have a US visa and re-enter Canada through a land border using a private vehicle.

There is no way to expedite the finalization of your PR card. It looks like they asked you for some more information or to re-upload a document. This may have resulted in a delay. Ultimately all you can do in terms of the PR card renewal is wait.

asamad88

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
did you receive your PR card?

asamad88

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
No. What about you? how long did you wait?
my relatives sent application on 7th november.. they are worried because they haven't received AOR.

have you tried calling them again and asked the reason for delay? they might have put your application for secondary review.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
my relatives sent application on 7th november.. they are worried because they haven't received AOR.

have you tried calling them again and asked the reason for delay? they might have put your application for secondary review.
7th of December isn’t that long so I would just be patient: