+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application Files Transferred from Buffalo ----> Los Angeles VO from Sep 2011

sanjay0522

Star Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA - on H1
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
AOR Received.
1st on April 2010, 2nd AOR on 12-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
To Los Angeles from Buffalo on Dec 1st, 2011
Med's Request
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Congrats OMM and All the best Rod. Guess what, I have not yet got any kind of communication whatsoever from LA visa office. DM status is still there. Have sent them2 emails but no response. Waiting for CAPIS report. God, cant they just reply and tell, srsly how much time it would take for them.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
What does your consultant say? CAIPS took quite a bit for me. I cant remember but I think it was over a month... :-\

sanjay0522 said:
Congrats OMM and All the best Rod. Guess what, I have not yet got any kind of communication whatsoever from LA visa office. DM status is still there. Have sent them2 emails but no response. Waiting for CAPIS report. God, cant they just reply and tell, srsly how much time it would take for them.

sanjay0522

Star Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA - on H1
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
AOR Received.
1st on April 2010, 2nd AOR on 12-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
To Los Angeles from Buffalo on Dec 1st, 2011
Med's Request
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
thebeast184 said:
What does your consultant say? CAIPS took quite a bit for me. I cant remember but I think it was over a month... :-\
Consultant says same thing everytime, they are still waiting. He never replies to my email. I have to always call him, to know the status.

D

DenverCO

It is really getting to my nerves now. Six weeks and counting, RPRF encashed 3 and half weeks back. My status is still showing as "In Process". I am just wondering what the LA VO is working on.

I had moved to Canada an year back and never sent the Police Clearance for Canada, as I had applied for Immigration prior to moving to Canada. Also, the VO has never requested for any additional documents from me along with Medicals and PPR. I am just wondering if LA VO has now requested for clearance from Canadian authorities? Can anyone throw any insight please?

I badly need my passports back, but cant do much :(. I had written to LA VO couple of times, but haven't heard back from them too.

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
IELTS sent with other docs
File Transfer...
Los Angeles on November 8, 2011/started processing January 18, 2012
Med's Request
MR Received on Feb 07, 2012 (Dated Feb 02, 2012)
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
K3 said:
Thnx bonny, sa-leth and everybody over here for helping in their own way.

Bonny what about you?...no report from your side. just finish it man u don't have any idea how you feel after that.

thnx
K3
Hi All,

I am happy to inform you that I got my visa stamping done yesterday, the 20th March. I went to LA in person and submitted my and my family members' passports early in the morning at 8:30 am and got them back around 2:45 pm. It went smooth, no hiccups.

For those who are planning to go for visa stamping in person, let me share my experiences. Since I am currently located within the U.S., I had decided to get the work done the same day. So I flew in to LA very early in the morn. I arrived at LAX at 6:30 am. It was quite chilly. The airport was empty. I strolled around a bit and decided to take super shuttle to the address of the Canadian consulate. I am glad that I did, because they charged only $16 whereas the taxi fare would be as much as $60 plus. So for those who are not driving, you can consider this option. The shuttle dropped me me off right in front of the consulate building. It appeared to me that the shuttle drivers know the place pretty well.

So I got to the hope st around 7:30 am--meaning I still had a good 1 hour before they would open the office. I strolled around bit and got inside the building. Remember that the consulate elevator would not start working until after 8:15 am as that's when they would allow you to get inside. I went to the 9th floor at around 8:20 am. I think I was the first person to get there but was followed by quite a few. The security guy was pretty friendly. So I went through the security and was seated. The immigration officers opened the window at 8:30 am sharp. I had to wait for another window to open as the first officer wasn't accepting passports for PR visas. I didn't have to wait for too long though as another guy opened the second window and I was asked to submit my documents to him. So I did. He checked if my passport had enough pages for visa stamping, the photos, RPRF fees, etc. and put them all in one file. Finally he gave me a token and asked me to come back at 2:30 pm for passport pick up. It all went smoothly.

I came out of the consulate building and grabbed a cup of coffee from starbucks one block from hope st. Then I strolled around a bit, aimlessly, since I did not know a specific place I wanted to go. However, one block from the hope st there's Macy's mall, if you are interested, although I did not find it fascinating or anything. Later I discovered that LA Public Library is right next to the consulate office. So here's an idea for those who are going to LA for visa stamping. I went there around noon. It's pretty big and you can sit there and read book for as long as you want.

Anyway, I came back to the consulate office after 2 pm. While waiting I befriended a couple of Indian guys. We went up around 2:15pm. followed the same security check procedures and were seated. They opened the window at 2:35 pm. When my turn came I was told that my passports weren't ready yet. I was shocked and worried as I had my return ticket booked already. Anyway I soon calmed down as I got to learn that I should get it back anyway. And I didn't have to wait for too long. I was called and they returned the passports and CPRs in one envelop. The officer asked me to check the spellings, etc. which I did. Afterwards, I came out of the consulate a relieved man. So that's all from my side. Thank God, it went smooth. If anyone has any specific questions, please let me know.

I thank everyone once again for all valuable suggestions through this long journey. Please wish me luck with landing and life thereafter.

Best wishes to you all.

Bonny

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Bonny,

Congrats! I'm glad it all went smooth

Rod

bonny said:
Hi All,

I am happy to inform you that I got my visa stamping done yesterday, the 20th March. I went to LA in person and submitted my and my family members' passports early in the morning at 8:30 am and got them back around 2:45 pm. It went smooth, no hiccups.

For those who are planning to go for visa stamping in person, let me share my experiences. Since I am currently located within the U.S., I had decided to get the work done the same day. So I flew in to LA very early in the morn. I arrived at LAX at 6:30 am. It was quite chilly. The airport was empty. I strolled around a bit and decided to take super shuttle to the address of the Canadian consulate. I am glad that I did, because they charged only $16 whereas the taxi fare would be as much as $60 plus. So for those who are not driving, you can consider this option. The shuttle dropped me me off right in front of the consulate building. It appeared to me that the shuttle drivers know the place pretty well.

So I got to the hope st around 7:30 am--meaning I still had a good 1 hour before they would open the office. I strolled around bit and got inside the building. Remember that the consulate elevator would not start working until after 8:15 am as that's when they would allow you to get inside. I went to the 9th floor at around 8:20 am. I think I was the first person to get there but was followed by quite a few. The security guy was pretty friendly. So I went through the security and was seated. The immigration officers opened the window at 8:30 am sharp. I had to wait for another window to open as the first officer wasn't accepting passports for PR visas. I didn't have to wait for too long though as another guy opened the second window and I was asked to submit my documents to him. So I did. He checked if my passport had enough pages for visa stamping, the photos, RPRF fees, etc. and put them all in one file. Finally he gave me a token and asked me to come back at 2:30 pm for passport pick up. It all went smoothly.

I came out of the consulate building and grabbed a cup of coffee from starbucks one block from hope st. Then I strolled around a bit, aimlessly, since I did not know a specific place I wanted to go. However, one block from the hope st there's Macy's mall, if you are interested, although I did not find it fascinating or anything. Later I discovered that LA Public Library is right next to the consulate office. So here's an idea for those who are going to LA for visa stamping. I went there around noon. It's pretty big and you can sit there and read book for as long as you want.

Anyway, I came back to the consulate office after 2 pm. While waiting I befriended a couple of Indian guys. We went up around 2:15pm. followed the same security check procedures and were seated. They opened the window at 2:35 pm. When my turn came I was told that my passports weren't ready yet. I was shocked and worried as I had my return ticket booked already. Anyway I soon calmed down as I got to learn that I should get it back anyway. And I didn't have to wait for too long. I was called and they returned the passports and CPRs in one envelop. The officer asked me to check the spellings, etc. which I did. Afterwards, I came out of the consulate a relieved man. So that's all from my side. Thank God, it went smooth. If anyone has any specific questions, please let me know.

I thank everyone once again for all valuable suggestions through this long journey. Please wish me luck with landing and life thereafter.

Best wishes to you all.

Bonny

sa-leth

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
bonny said:
Hi All,

Best wishes to you all.

Bonny
Congratulations Bonny!!!! :)

K3

Star Member
Nov 25, 2011
bonny said:
Hi All,

Best wishes to you all.

Bonny
Hey...congratulations.....i can understand how u r feeling....well good luck..and tc....

jasminezxm

Feb 9, 2012
Hi DenverCO,

Have you tried "case specific inquiry"? VO is checking that I guess.

DenverCO said:
It is really getting to my nerves now. Six weeks and counting, RPRF encashed 3 and half weeks back. My status is still showing as "In Process". I am just wondering what the LA VO is working on.

I had moved to Canada an year back and never sent the Police Clearance for Canada, as I had applied for Immigration prior to moving to Canada. Also, the VO has never requested for any additional documents from me along with Medicals and PPR. I am just wondering if LA VO has now requested for clearance from Canadian authorities? Can anyone throw any insight please?

I badly need my passports back, but cant do much :(. I had written to LA VO couple of times, but haven't heard back from them too.

Nylam168

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2012
Hi Bonny,

Congratulations on getting your visa. And thank you for sharing your experience as I plan to go to LAVO also.

I have one question. Did you bring authorization from your other members of the family for you to submit and collect their passports? I would appreciate your response.

Wish you good life in Canada.

Nylam

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
Nylam168 said:
Hi Bonny,

Congratulations on getting your visa. And thank you for sharing your experience as I plan to go to LAVO also.

I have one question. Did you bring authorization from your other members of the family for you to submit and collect their passports? I would appreciate your response.

Wish you good life in Canada.

Nyla

If you are the PA, you can take others' passport for stamping. You do not have to take authorization or anything, at least they did not ask for it to me. I also had similar worries.

Nylam168

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2012
Hi Bonny,

Thanks for your kind response, appreciate it. ;)

Good luck for a happy life ahead.

Nylam

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
Nylam168 said:
Hi Bonny,

Thanks for your kind response, appreciate it. ;)

Good luck for a happy life ahead.

Nylam
Hey no problem. Make sure you go there on Tuesdays or Thursdays for stamping. Also, it wouldn't hurt if you take an authorization letter from your wife, just in case. Good luck.

Bonny

D

DenverCO

jasminezxm said:
Hi DenverCO,

Have you tried "case specific inquiry"? VO is checking that I guess.
I had sent them couple of mails ... No response from them.

ErikVirgo - did you hear back from them? Was there any change in your status? Please let me know if you hear anything back from LA VO.