+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application Files Transferred from Buffalo ----> Los Angeles VO from Sep 2011

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
IELTS sent with other docs
File Transfer...
Los Angeles on November 8, 2011/started processing January 18, 2012
Med's Request
MR Received on Feb 07, 2012 (Dated Feb 02, 2012)
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
K3 said:
congrts bonny....i was expecting ds fr u.....goood luck..
Guys,

I seem to have a lot of questions these days ;D...and your help is appreciated.

If you have the experience, could you please let me know if I can get the visa stamping done on my wife and daughter's passports at Los Angeles office without them going there in person. I am the principal applicant. We are currently located within the U.S.

Bonny

jasminezxm

Feb 9, 2012
You can check the letter LA emailed to you.
I remember somewhere in that letter, it is mentioned that the principal applicant can bring passports of other family members to LA office.

bonny said:
Guys,

If you have the experience, could you please let me know if I can get the visa stamping done on my wife and daughter's passports at Los Angeles office without them going there in person. I am the principal applicant. We are currently located within the U.S.

Bonny

K3

Star Member
Nov 25, 2011
bonny said:
Guys,

Bonny
Yh i agree with jasminezxm...and moreover i think ur 1.5 yr old baby doesn't have ind. passport so, i think no need....but not sure....

Could anyone please share their personal stamping exp. over there at LA....
thnx

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
K3 said:
Yh i agree with jasminezxm...and moreover i think ur 1.5 yr old baby doesn't have ind. passport so, i think no need....but not sure....

Could anyone please share their personal stamping exp. over there at LA....
thnx
Thanks very much K3 and jasmine. If anyone have any personal experience about this, could you please share? The PPR letter I got from LA doesn't mention anything either way specifically...although it does mention that a representative can bring the passports for those who are residing in Canada.

Bonny

spartan

Star Member
Dec 7, 2007
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-03-2010
AOR Received.
15-03-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2011
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
LANDED..........
12-02-2012
TO bonny, ks and jasmine.

People residing in Canada can got for Pr visa stamping in person or send an Representative and this is confirmed news from my personal experience.

K3

Star Member
Nov 25, 2011
bonny said:
Thanks very much K3 and jasmine. If anyone have any personal experience about this, could you please share? The PPR letter I got from LA doesn't mention anything either way specifically...although it does mention that a representative can bring the passports for those who are residing in Canada.

Bonny
U knw bonny...u should call directly to CIC .

thnx

K3

Star Member
Nov 25, 2011
spartan said:

People residing in Canada can got for Pr visa stamping in person or send an Representative and this is confirmed news from my personal experience.
Hey spartan thnx fr ur answr ...i just wonder , as i m going thr representative...so could u plz share ur personal exp. i mean....do they ask anythng special or what?

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
spartan said:

Thanks for the info.

Bonny

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
K3 said:
U knw bonny...u should call directly to CIC .

thnx
Good idea...thanks!

Bonny

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Bonny,

Only PA needs to be present i have read in the forum peoples experience at other VO's. However you will be the first in LA so check with them just in case

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
thebeast184 said:
Bonny,

Only PA needs to be present i have read in the forum peoples experience at other VO's. However you will be the first in LA so check with them just in case
Thanks, Rod.

Bonny

SF2005

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Hi Bonny,
Just want to make sure your 1.5 yr old child is mentioned in the original application (or you have added her to your application). If not, please let CIC know before you submit the passports. Please find below the portion of the PPR letter that was sent to me that might have the answer to your question.

I went in for in-person stamping and I saw one person come in with a bunch of passports for his entire family. I didn't get a chance to speak with him but it appeared that he did not have any problem with the stamping.

Based on the letter that LA VO sent me, it appears that you can be the representative for your entire family, especially since you're the principal applicant. If you're as paranoid as I am, for peace of mind, I would take an authorization letter from everyone 18yrs and above in your family.

All the best for your life in Canada,
SF2005

PS:
"PassportRequirements
We require an original VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member. Passports must be submitted together.
Passports must be valid for at least the next 6 months, or at least until the date of your intended travel to Canada.
There must be at least one blank page in your passport. If there are children included in your passport, there must be blank pages for their visas as well"

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
SF2005 said:
Hi Bonny,
Just want to make sure your 1.5 yr old child is mentioned in the original application (or you have added her to your application). If not, please let CIC know before you submit the passports. Please find below the portion of the PPR letter that was sent to me that might have the answer to your question.

I went in for in-person stamping and I saw one person come in with a bunch of passports for his entire family. I didn't get a chance to speak with him but it appeared that he did not have any problem with the stamping.

Based on the letter that LA VO sent me, it appears that you can be the representative for your entire family, especially since you're the principal applicant. If you're as paranoid as I am, for peace of mind, I would take an authorization letter from everyone 18yrs and above in your family.

All the best for your life in Canada,

SF2005

PS:
"PassportRequirements
We require an original VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member. Passports must be submitted together.
Passports must be valid for at least the next 6 months, or at least until the date of your intended travel to Canada.
There must be at least one blank page in your passport. If there are children included in your passport, there must be blank pages for their visas as well"

Thanks Sf2005. This info is very helpful. yes, my daughter is added to the application already. I did so soon after she was born--sent the application fee, copy of her passport, and additional form. LA VO even sent a MR form for her last month.

I will follow your advice. I sent LA an email too; awaiting a reply.

Thanks so much again.

Bonny

erikvirgo

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Transferred to LA October 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010 (date recvd by CHC Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010 1st AOR & 120day starts
AOR Received.
04-11-2010 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
24-02-2010 Transfer to Buffalo VO
Med's Request
22-11-2011 (Recevied from LA VO)
Med's Done....
22-12-2011 (Received by Ottawa)
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2012
LANDED..........
31-July-2012
Congrats skFSW....:)

I am still waiting for my passport back - I should have sent it much earlier. My package was received by LA visa office on Feb 15. It is about 3 weeks now, but I received nothing. Getting worried here. Also CIC online service still shows IN PROCESS. When I entered tracking number for self addressed envelope- there is nothing either - meaning LA has not sent the passport back...But one good thing is that I just called my bank and the cashier check was cleared on Feb 21. So I think it is being processed.....

Any advice on this?

skFSW said:
Thanks Guys. Well my luck is like I have to get all kind of experience. After reading all post for peace bridge.I decided to go there as I want to save my 30 min in US side. I took the U turn and came to Canada gate . there they asked my passport and few question. I told that I am working in Canada and he gave the pink slip and asked me to visit immigration office inside building. I went there and the officer I met he was not in mood to do any work and after looking for my document he asked me to show US refusal letter. I told him same that I am working in canada and took the U turn. I did not visit the US side. He told me that without US refusal letter he will not proceed with landing. So I went again to US side they took around 40 min to give me the refusal slip.
While coming back I met the same officer on the gate.He was smiling and gave me again one slip and I went again to immigration office.
Then the officer did not find my details on the computer and called the supervisor. Actually he was not aware of all functionality. So supervisor helped him to finish my landing. He took around 20 min asked about fund proof and address proof and later welcomed me and told me that i will get PR card in 4 -6 weeks.
There was one more family struggling with landing procedure. They missed the bank statement and payslip. Officer told him that without this he won't proceed but he gave me a option that if he can call someone who can fax these document to this office than only he can finish that. So he was calling some friends for help.

I will again say its all luck. So just keep all the documents with you. You never know what they can ask. Be polite with them. Don't argue with them. Because we can't get anything they won't listen. They will go with their approach.

All the best for landing.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010