+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Misakaswal

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
I just spoke to my lawyer he told me that irb is sheduling hearing for the people who applied in feb 2017 and giving them date of july any updates from forum?

Misakaswal

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Sameer hopefully you will get your hearing in august please let us know if its happen why dont you call irb and talk to case manager

anythinghelps

Apr 27, 2018
I just spoke to my lawyer he told me that irb is sheduling hearing for the people who applied in feb 2017 and giving them date of july any updates from forum?
We aplied in January 2017 and we received a letter in March 2018 advising that our hearing was to be held in May 9th 2018 but just a week ago we were told that it had been posponed.No new date!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does it mean that expedited cases are investigating FIFO inside their group or they are processing FIFO among the total cases and as one of them?
Seems like every application is being processed under FIFO. If you are an expedited case when it is your turn they may give you protected status without an interview. That's how the press release reads. Can't say what actually happens but you can read the press release yourself.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Today I asked my lawyer.
I asked him: ( there was a news in IRB website last week: http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/NewsNouv/info/Pages/expedited-processing-refugee-claims.aspx
They said:" The RPD is currently scheduling cases from its inventory primarily in the order in which they were received, including those under the expedited process. Being granted refugee protection without a hearing does not necessarily mean that your claim is finalized sooner.".
How long do you estimate would be my waiting time considering I applied in October 2017?)

This is his answer: (Your case is being processed by the expedited unit, so it is entirely different and I would expect that it will be dealt with sooner than later. I cannot be precise.)

Thanks
Masoud
The press release says otherwise. Nothing you can do but wit and see. Wouldn't count on a fast processing and then be disappointed. The lawyers aren't privy to everything going on.

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
Today I asked my lawyer.
I asked him: ( there was a news in IRB website last week: http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/NewsNouv/info/Pages/expedited-processing-refugee-claims.aspx
They said:" The RPD is currently scheduling cases from its inventory primarily in the order in which they were received, including those under the expedited process. Being granted refugee protection without a hearing does not necessarily mean that your claim is finalized sooner.".
How long do you estimate would be my waiting time considering I applied in October 2017?)

This is his answer: (Your case is being processed by the expedited unit, so it is entirely different and I would expect that it will be dealt with sooner than later. I cannot be precise.)

Thanks
Masoud
Im from Iraq, so Im from those contries, however, nothing changed and im waiting since more than 15 month.