+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postings for people who starts sending application from September 2009

ella19

Aug 8, 2009
I will hopefully be sending my application off this month. There's so much to do and just when i think im getting somewhere i find ive forgotten something.
How long did it take everyone else to get the application together?

badhet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
hi there...

we are planning to send our application by this month.. we are just waiting for my husband's option C print out... well they said that it will take 5-10 days to be mailed,,

whoppi

Aug 7, 2009
Hi all,

Just thought I'd post an update. I was able to log into cic today for the first time to check the status of my sponsorship application and a decision has been made and a letter has been sent to me regarding the decision!!

CIC website says that they are currently processin applications up to August 17/09, however, CIC received my application on August 26/09 and begain processing it on September 21/09.....so I guess they are ahead of their current posted processing times.

I am hoping that this is positive news for me, though I'm not too sure if it's normal for them to begin processing an application and make a decision on the same day!!

Anyway, just thought I'd update you all.

Take care :D

Cusin

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi i am sponsering my husband we live in Italy so its an outland sponsership ,Im Canadian and he is British Italian

sent out September 14
Recieved it September 17 (was signed for)

So now we just sit and wait and hope for the best just wondering will it show up on the website once they process and not before right i just want to make sure that they have it in there hands thats all good luck to all of you and i wish you all the very best looking forward to hearing all your storys

JamesM

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Hi everyone.
We sent out our application to Mississauga on the 16th of September. According to Canada Post it was delivered successfully on the 18th. We were worried because we used Xpresspost and mailed it to the P.O. Box instead of the address for registered post. But we didn't pay for the signing so that doesn't need to happen and the Canada Post website said it was delivered so I can only presume it made it.

Expecting first letter in November then hopefully by next March I'll hear from the London office.

How soon after sending the applications to Mississauga are people able to check their status on the CIC website?

jomar13

Star Member
Aug 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JamesM said:
Hi everyone.
We sent out our application to Mississauga on the 16th of September. According to Canada Post it was delivered successfully on the 18th. We were worried because we used Xpresspost and mailed it to the P.O. Box instead of the address for registered post. But we didn't pay for the signing so that doesn't need to happen and the Canada Post website said it was delivered so I can only presume it made it.

Expecting first letter in November then hopefully by next March I'll hear from the London office.

How soon after sending the applications to Mississauga are people able to check their status on the CIC website?
Well according to other forums, you may able to check your status on the CIC website when you get your first approval.
Dont worry about using xpresspost, i actually used that when i passed the applications. Lots of people doing that though. By the way, im still waiting for my first approval, it might be on the 3rd or on the 4th of october.

take care and thanks for joining in this thread!!! keep posting guys!!!

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
Sept 2009 and March 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
March 28 but sent on May 26, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
I guess I will join this month's forum, originaly sent my application on Aug 21, returned to me and resubmitted on September 22, 2009.... I completed everything properly but the Immigration Officer seemed to confused with another application. I guess I will have to wait until the confused is cleared out. Might be waiting for a long time, since I am unable to speak to clarify. Good luck everybody, I am no longer as optimistic as I used to be, since I am not even able to make to 1st stage.

whoppi

Aug 7, 2009
Alice100 said:
I guess I will join this month's forum, originaly sent my application on Aug 21, returned to me and resubmitted on September 22, 2009.... I completed everything properly but the Immigration Officer seemed to confused with another application. I guess I will have to wait until the confused is cleared out. Might be waiting for a long time, since I am unable to speak to clarify. Good luck everybody, I am no longer as optimistic as I used to be, since I am not even able to make to 1st stage.
Hi Alice100,

I can imagine that you must be feeling pretty frustrated right now!! So did CIC give you any reason as to why your application was returned...for example, did the ecas provide you with an explanation online or did they send you a letter? It seems really bizarre to me that this would happen and that you were given no reason and cannot talk to somebody. Have you tried calling CIC or are you unable to do this because you are not in Canada?? Anyway, hopefully things will work out better this time!!

Take care

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
Sept 2009 and March 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
March 28 but sent on May 26, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
Thanks for your kind words. They enclosed some forms for me to sign that are not part of my application, I completed the forms, but I had to copy and paste information on the website to point out the fact that he had interpreted my application differently. What is frustrating is that I cant speak to him/her to point of the mistake and since we are not communicating, he is either gonna return my application or reject my sponsorship. You would think that people would read the policies or ask their collegues. I used to work with files and clients that required interpretation of act, laws and regulations, the day before I met with client, I will review the notes, check the procedure, ask my collegues so that by the time I reject an application, I am sure I am doing the right thing. Can you imagine, you wait for 35 days for a response and the application is coming back in the mail through no fault of yours.

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
I am still hoping I could submit my application this month. We already received the marriage certificate. Now we're just waiting for the option c printout of my husband.

whoppi

Aug 7, 2009
Hi again.....another quick update: received my letter from CIC today & I have been approved as a sponsor!!! Now the application has been sent to Buffalo (my husband is from US) so I'm hoping that things continue to progress smoothly. We sent our application package on August 26th, received by CIC August 28th and approval letter rec'd on Sept. 25th.

good luck & best wishes to everybody!!

jomar13

Star Member
Aug 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whoppi said:
Hi again.....another quick update: received my letter from CIC today & I have been approved as a sponsor!!! Now the application has been sent to Buffalo (my husband is from US) so I'm hoping that things continue to progress smoothly. We sent our application package on August 26th, received by CIC August 28th and approval letter rec'd on Sept. 25th.

good luck & best wishes to everybody!!
nice, congrats whoppi, Well, Buffalo office who process really fast!!! Your lucky!!! Congratulation again!!!

tysgran

Sep 19, 2009
I am waiting on a copy of the official receipt and 2 documents being translated. All of the rest is finished and I am hoping to send via xpresspost on Wednesday or Thursday.

good luck to all