+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post study work visa holder in uk need to apply for canada student visa

kamal87

Jul 30, 2011
Hi There, i wonder if anybody can help me in my problem.
i studied here in UK for 2 years HND and now i m on post study work visa, i want to apply for canada student visa, can anybody please tell me how can i apply from uk as i am on a visa in the uk?what is the procedure?how much funds i have to show?what documents do i need? i tried to find on the canada embassy website but couldnt find anything that relates to my situation?

i ll be very thankful if anybody can help me.

Thanks
Kamal :-[

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Study visa information:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

You need to show sufficient funds to cover first year tuition + $10K (living expenses) + travel expenses.

kamal87

Jul 30, 2011
thanks but can you please tell me is it same from everywhere? like im on post study work visa, will the requirements be the same? and for the bank balance, how old them to be, i mean how many months bank statemnts do i need to show?

wishmeluck

Jul 22, 2011
India- NewDelhi
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamal87 said:
thanks but can you please tell me is it same from everywhere? like im on post study work visa, will the requirements be the same? and for the bank balance, how old them to be, i mean how many months bank statemnts do i need to show?
Application procedure and requirement varies from within different countries. you will need to visit the CIC uk website and look at all the requirements. As far as bank statements are concerned you will need to provide last 4 months of them and if you pay the full tuition fee than you need to show CAD $10,000

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@kamal

The procedure for study permit is mostly same but the documents need to submit with application varies.

If you are under PSW in uk then you have to show all the activites, experience, previous qualification attained

regards

sadiqmaknojia

Star Member
Jul 14, 2009
United Kingdom
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29/03/23
Med's Done....
04/05/23
hay guys

I guess most of the people discussing in this topic are not British so how did/will you respond/explain/justify the family ties query which often ask by visa officer in student cases??

Thanks everyone

indo

Jul 30, 2011
@Kamal

I am also currently on PSW visa...I came back to india and submitted my application under SPP ...and I got approval.......

I dont know about how to submit file from Uk....coz u need bank loan sanctioned letter that covers your 80% fees +living expenses+travel expenses..,

SPP does not require any financial documents of your parents. you just have to mention the amount in $CND in application form.

See the SPP checklist...

kamal87

Jul 30, 2011
thnx indo but did u submit ur bank statements and stuff?and how old they have to be?
what if my uncle who is in canada show his bank balance to support me?is that possible? did u have to take ielts test again? how much did u get in ielts? did u do diploma or degree before? and what u going to do in canada?
thnx

sadiqmaknojia

Star Member
Jul 14, 2009
United Kingdom
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29/03/23
Med's Done....
04/05/23
just a simple question for u guys that did anyone did the IELTS for admission?? as we are living in UK so i am a bit confuse that do we have to do ielts or not ??

kamal87

Jul 30, 2011
hi sadiq, i think we have to take the ielts test and i m preparing myself for ielts just now even though i had taken ielts test before aswell which has been expired now, but i phoned all the colleges and uni in vancouver and they all say that u need to do ielts but some colleges say that if u have studied for 4 years in uk then u dont need to do this. one uni which says that we dont need to take ielts test, still they want us to take sat test which u can find on college board website.
thats all i know. hope its helpful xx

wishmeluck

Jul 22, 2011
India- NewDelhi
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS is a requirement by uni or colleges but not by CIC in uk. A UK qualification and experience does eliminates IELTS requirement in most of the cases.

SO, I think you can take it just to be on the safe side but I got accepted in all colleges i applied without IELTS. Hope it helps.

kamal87

Jul 30, 2011
wishmeluck, which college or uni did u apply in without ielts? and what is ur qualification from uk? coz all the colleges from vancouver says that they need ielts.

wishmeluck

Jul 22, 2011
India- NewDelhi
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied in NAIT, SAIT AND UOA. I studied BSc in computer systems engg. which was a three year course. Let your college know of ur status (UK diploma) when u ask for IELTS requirement.

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is very right.

First you need to apply to the college and in IELTS column just put the UK certificate /diploma if you have/will get .

Regards

kamal87

Jul 30, 2011
yea im keep telling them about my qualification from uk but they just say that i do need ielts, dunno why? im just sooooooooooo confused right now? :(