+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation work permit Refusal

Jan 23, 2020
Hi! I'm in the exact same situation as OP - I applied within 90 days but got refused because I didn't attach my transcript // diploma. It's been 57 days since my refusal. I'm a US citizen currently on a vistor visa as of about 3 weeks ago, prior to that my study permit hadn't expired yet because I graduated early. Can I just re-apply the same way but with my papers this time or do I gotta go through some other process at this point? Thanks ^^
(I'm currently talking to a lawyer atm so if I learn anything helpful I'll share it here.)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi! I'm in the exact same situation as OP - I applied within 90 days but got refused because I didn't attach my transcript // diploma. It's been 57 days since my refusal. I'm a US citizen currently on a vistor visa as of about 3 weeks ago, prior to that my study permit hadn't expired yet because I graduated early. Can I just re-apply the same way but with my papers this time or do I gotta go through some other process at this point? Thanks ^^
(I'm currently talking to a lawyer atm so if I learn anything helpful I'll share it here.)
If you have valid status and are within the 180 days, you can just reapply with the proper docs.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have valid status, but the processing time took so long I'm out of the 180 days now. Unless the 180 days pauses while it's processing?
No pause. The 180 days started when you received your final marks.

Unfortunately, you no longer qualify. You can apply again and beg for approval but chances are low.

Jan 23, 2020
No pause. The 180 days started when you received your final marks.

Unfortunately, you no longer qualify. You can apply again and beg for approval but chances are low.
Outstanding, thank you. Is there a designated 'begging' area on the application form or is there a different process for that? Like some office to call, or something?

Payap

Mar 21, 2021
I have Applied for Web form in January, Because I received wrong permit only of 1 year instead of 3 years as per my Course and it's duration.

The Web form Which I applied and request which is submitted to embassy on the call they I have assured us that we deserve 3 years of Work permit not for only 1 year. Last month on 28 March they have received below mail from embassy.

Good day Shivam Kaushal,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you have provided. The post-graduation work permit (PGWP) validity depends on the length of your program of studies and can be valid for a minimum of eight months and up to three years.

If your PGWP expires before the validity you would have been entitled for, it is possible to ask for an extension of your work permit.

To extend the validity of your work permit:

You can apply by mail and include:
an explanation letter, and
a document from your school (transcript, official letter, certificate, etc.) that confirms you completed and passed all your program requirements,
we recommend reading the instruction guide first, it will assist you to fill out the form and it will give you the address where to mail it.
We invite you to consult the page Study permits: Post-Graduation Work Permit Program for more information.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

Jacob, agent 4081
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Later the next day, we had a call with embassy, and discussed my situation. According to them our request is received by the officer but decision is still pending.
They are denying us to submit documents without confirmation but the mail received reveals that we need to submit documents. Just a confusing situation.
We 2 cousins are facing same issue, both has received mail yesterday with same content. Embassy people told my brother to submit the documents for further verification n remove shortfalls, on the other hand they denied me to submit anything such as documents n any further webform or email to them, stating that my request is still pending for reply. They are not giving satisfactory answer to me, I'm just stuck into this from last 3 months. Don't know what to do, such a confusing situation.
I don't know what to do now, it's been 3months passed waiting for response, but nothing happened.
Patience level has also finished. According to them we should wait now also, now we become hopeless.
Please suggest what to do now, where to go, how to do. Just stuck with this unstoppable trouble, how to overcome this situation, what is the exact pathway to come out of this complication.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have Applied for Web form in January, Because I received wrong permit only of 1 year instead of 3 years as per my Course and it's duration.

The Web form Which I applied and request which is submitted to embassy on the call they I have assured us that we deserve 3 years of Work permit not for only 1 year. Last month on 28 March they have received below mail from embassy.

Good day Shivam Kaushal,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you have provided. The post-graduation work permit (PGWP) validity depends on the length of your program of studies and can be valid for a minimum of eight months and up to three years.

If your PGWP expires before the validity you would have been entitled for, it is possible to ask for an extension of your work permit.

To extend the validity of your work permit:

You can apply by mail and include:
an explanation letter, and
a document from your school (transcript, official letter, certificate, etc.) that confirms you completed and passed all your program requirements,
we recommend reading the instruction guide first, it will assist you to fill out the form and it will give you the address where to mail it.
We invite you to consult the page Study permits: Post-Graduation Work Permit Program for more information.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

Jacob, agent 4081
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Later the next day, we had a call with embassy, and discussed my situation. According to them our request is received by the officer but decision is still pending.
They are denying us to submit documents without confirmation but the mail received reveals that we need to submit documents. Just a confusing situation.
We 2 cousins are facing same issue, both has received mail yesterday with same content. Embassy people told my brother to submit the documents for further verification n remove shortfalls, on the other hand they denied me to submit anything such as documents n any further webform or email to them, stating that my request is still pending for reply. They are not giving satisfactory answer to me, I'm just stuck into this from last 3 months. Don't know what to do, such a confusing situation.
I don't know what to do now, it's been 3months passed waiting for response, but nothing happened.
Patience level has also finished. According to them we should wait now also, now we become hopeless.
Please suggest what to do now, where to go, how to do. Just stuck with this unstoppable trouble, how to overcome this situation, what is the exact pathway to come out of this complication.
You have posted this several times. You have to wait for a decision if you have submitted all the information they requested visa mail. Why do you "deserve" a 3 year work permit?