+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

cooky.sonu

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Have any of you also had troubles getting a job while waiting for the PGWP after explaining that you are legally allowed to continue working in canada?
yes many employer ask for it, many employers only prefer PR , they ask for validity and then if you say you are still waiting then, you wont get the call again.

Justin999

Nov 11, 2021
As Canada.ca says that study permit will expire in 90 days after receiving completion of program letter. My study permit valid date is until July next year. I received my completion letter last week. I will apply for PGWP in few days. So my question is: Although my study permit date is valid for 9 months, do I still have to follow 90 days rule after I apply for PGWP?Do I have to extend my study permit during the period of waiting PGWP(my study permit is still valid for 9 months, which is enough for waiting PGWP. But 90 days is not long enough. so Im so confused.)?

Reactions: jlusi

meiyou147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
As Canada.ca says that study permit will expire in 90 days after receiving completion of program letter. My study permit valid date is until July next year. I received my completion letter last week. I will apply for PGWP in few days. So my question is: Although my study permit date is valid for 9 months, do I still have to follow 90 days rule after I apply for PGWP?Do I have to extend my study permit during the period of waiting PGWP(my study permit is still valid for 9 months, which is enough for waiting PGWP. But 90 days is not long enough. so Im so confused.)?
After you applied for PGWP, you will have implied status in Canada, no need to worry about if your study permit is expired or not, since you applied before it is expired, and even if they complete your application after your study permit expires, it will still be fine

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Hi, unlike many of you, I was not able to work in my field of study when I applied for my PGWP, due to a condition I had on my study permit. So I had to wait till I receive my work permit. I sent 3-4 webforms and explained my issue. At the end I contacted my MP, but after 2-3 days (I am assuming before she got a chance to contact IRCC), my application was approved. So I am not really sure what happened there!
What's MP?

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Have any of you also had troubles getting a job while waiting for the PGWP after explaining that you are legally allowed to continue working in canada?
I didn't have any issues, but I did hear stories from my classmates.
Most students keep the job they had during school until they get the PGWP and then they look for another/better job.

Reactions: jlusi

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Member of Parliament. You can google the MP of the city you are living in.
Im currently employed and my employer is looking for my work permit but never gave me conditionals such as the deadline when to provide the permit to the employer. However, Im ready to contact MP if possible with proper documentation when 100 days has passed by without an update regarding the pgwp application.

pilotakram

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
didn't they extend the 90 days to 180 days ?