+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

danielvalenca

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hello everyone.
I had a question. As long as I know, we can start working once we applied for PGWP. So why we should be worried when they will finish processing of our applcation? Why people are worried to get the PGWP asap when they can work!?
Because one thing it's we know, the other thing is the employer. My wife got a Scotiabank job offer, but they put her position on hold while she is waiting for the PGWP response. Unfortunately, they didn't accept the PGWP confirmation of application, even though we showed them the law. They said it's bank requirements and they will wait until she gets the new permit.

Applied and confirmed PGWP on December 19th.

Reactions: myway

Mbagheri1897

Jan 16, 2018
Hi everyone. I applied for my PGWP on Dec 20th and successfully paid the application fee (I have a proof of payment) but it still shows my application as "Not Submitted". I'm starting to freak out as I'm out 255 bucks and don't have a submitted application. I have sent multiple emails and web forms, but the answer is just an automated message. Is that normal? I really appreciate your help.

Last edited:

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hi everyone. I applied for my PGWP on Dec 20th and successfully paid the application fee (I have a proof of payment) but it still shows my application as "Not Submitted". I'm starting to freak out as I'm out 225 bucks and don't have a submitted application. I have sent multiple emails and web forms, but the answer is just an automated message. Is that normal? I really appreciate your help.
It took 7 weeks for me so stop freaking out

19juveman

Jan 13, 2018
so did u get it,or did u wait for 6 weeeks and apply for a new one.
same situation,like yours.its been 7 days.
thanks in advance
Hi,

I applied for PGWP and it was approved on Nov 10. I could see it online. But I have not received the Work permit through post. Can someone kindly let me know if this is a normal delay or should I connect to CIC.

Thanks in advance,
Brenna

Mbagheri1897

Jan 16, 2018
What do you mean by not submitted? Did you pay and upload all documents?
Yes! I uploaded all the documents, successfully paid the fees and the status changed to processing payment. However, when I checked the application status after a couple hours, It said "Not Submitted" as if I've never submitted the whole thing.

Last edited:

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Hi guys, i've applied on Dec 22nd. When i can expect it approximately?