+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

talhu

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Frustrated by slow processing, finally I flagpoled and got my PGWP.
Hi,
Did you applied for PGWP online first? or just went flag polling without submitting the online application?
And which border crossing did you go to?
Thanks1

neelti

May 4, 2017
Do we need multiple visa for flagpoling ??
What do you mean by multiple visa ? You need valid Study permit and TRV (Actually not needed but it's less risky if you have one), graduation letter, sealed Transcript, passport, proof of Canadian adress, and You don't need USA visa.

neelti

May 4, 2017
Hi,
Did you applied for PGWP online first? or just went flag polling without submitting the online application?
And which border crossing did you go to?
Thanks1
You don't need to apply online first, you can just go and flagpole. I went to Boundary Bay border Vancouver.

jannaliu

Oct 25, 2017
Hi I have a question!

I re-read the application checklist and it says that the passport scans must include the main page with my info, my study permit scan and a scan of the page that has the stamp from my most recent entry to Canada. The thing is, when I applied, I only attached the main page of my passport (name, place of birth, passport expiry etc). Did you attach all the pages indicated above or is it fine with just the passport main page scan? I'm so worried I will get refused just because of this.

Thank you!
Hi!

I'm in the same situation as you. Can you tell me what happened to your application? Did they contact you to resubmit your documents????

Thanks a lot!!!!

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hi!

I'm in the same situation as you. Can you tell me what happened to your application? Did they contact you to resubmit your documents????

Thanks a lot!!!!
I applied online with a scan of only the first page of my passport as it is a new passport with no stamps at all ( all the stamps are on the old one ), however, when you apply online, on the passport section there is a question mark ( ? ) where it is written :

You must submit a legible copy of your valid travel document which you will use to travel.

If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:

• the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
  • any pages with stamps, visas or markings.
If you do not have a passport and must use another travel document, it must be issued by a government and include your:

• name,
  • date of birth,
  • document number,
  • citizenship or residency status,
  • photo, and
  • expiry date (if applicable).

So there is no mention of study permit and I believe you should put all your passport with stamps in case you have them.

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
Confirmation Email Aug 11th. Still waiting....
The only update was that my file trasnfer to local visa office.