+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

MISSSOAP

Aug 24, 2017
Thanks for the support...thats how i calculated it too, sometime in October. Problem is I need to go home for an urgent matter in September, and I don't want to be hassled by the CBSA or Immigration when I return.
I see, you might want to try apply in boarder, you can get your work permit immediately. I have a friend who lives in Montreal and get approved in boarder with no problem.

mastersboy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Is anyone here who "was"/"knows someone who was" approved and who applied only with the completion letter? If yes, were you asked for the transcript before approval?

Thanks!

Last edited:

MISSSOAP

Aug 24, 2017
Is anyone here who "was"/"knows someone who was" approved and who applied only with the completion letter? If yes, were you asked for the transcript before approval?

Thanks!
I applied with completion letter only, did not ask for transcript. I think the key is your completion letter MUST indicate your program length, if not, its very likely they will ask you to provide transcript.

Nav malhi

Jul 27, 2017
Submit 14 june confirmation 16 June approved 25 august online only with confirmation letter exipery on 23 august 2020 thanks everyone

Ubcgrad1

Aug 15, 2017
Hey Guys, Does anyone know if the 90 day period starts from when the application was submitted or when it was confirmed by CIC that they received it. I applied on August 14th and application was confirmed on 15th. My completion letter says my degree was conferred on May 17th. Based on Aug 14th I'm on the 90th day but Aug 15th would be 91st. Also, My completion letter mentions my faculty and Major and doesn't mention the length of my program but I am assuming they know all Bachelors of engineering programs are 4 years, do you guys think I should/need to send my Transcript?

Thanks

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
Why did you cut it so close? Lol. More likely they will count when you submitted your application, not when it was confirmed, but I would be so nervous at such a small margin for error lol. If your letter doesn't mention the length of your course, they might ask you to submit your transcript. Never "assume" they would understand anything!

Vwar

Apr 17, 2016
Hi there,

I have submitted my final practicum report and awaiting my grades. It was a practicum course and also my last course in the program.

I asked the university to provide me grading for the practicum and an official letter stating that I'm done with my courses and that I will be graduating in 3 months in order to apply for the PGWP with that letter but it seems that it will take 1 month

My question is that:
1. Can I start working full time as i have got a good full time job untill i receive my PGWP?

2. Or I need to wait for the university to issue me a letter and apply for PGWP before starting full-time

Thank you guyz

alex996

Dec 25, 2016
Hey folks,
Great thread, thanks to everyone for participation! For those that are wondering about mail... I got an update Aug. 16, got an electronic message Aug. 17, and the actual letter arrived to my home around Aug. 24. So it does take around a week or so; and I live in Montreal, QC, whereas the letter was sent from Alberta. Hope they reduce the waiting time for you guys very soon.
~ Cheers

Reactions: silly_chantell

alex996

Dec 25, 2016
Hi there,

I have submitted my final practicum report and awaiting my grades. It was a practicum course and also my last course in the program.

I asked the university to provide me grading for the practicum and an official letter stating that I'm done with my courses and that I will be graduating in 3 months in order to apply for the PGWP with that letter but it seems that it will take 1 month

My question is that:
1. Can I start working full time as i have got a good full time job untill i receive my PGWP?

2. Or I need to wait for the university to issue me a letter and apply for PGWP before starting full-time

Thank you guyz
You can work full time or otherwise as long as you have a valid authorization to do so. Be it a study permit with a confirmation to work off-campus or some other work permit that you received in the past.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
Hi there,

My question is that:

Thank you guyz
Once your letter of graduation is released, you have to stop working till you file your PGWP application. Once the application has been filled, you are on implied status and can work full time.