+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
I see, you might want to try apply in boarder, you can get your work permit immediately. I have a friend who lives in Montreal and get approved in boarder with no problem.
oh, okay. I have been seeing that suggestion. But do i make a different application and pay a different application application fee? or just tell them I have applied online but i need to process it through them?

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
I have a question about filling out the application form for PGWP. My study permit expires in November, I have just finished my program and received a letter stating that I have completed requirements for graduation. However, the graduation ceremony will be in October. The question is - when I fill the Employment history section under current activity what do I put? Just Student? And which date do I include? The date of completion/date of study permit validity or just leave blank the FROM/TO field? Thanks a lot!

mtimbo1

Apr 18, 2017
I applied on June 16th got confirmation on the. June 17th. Updated on August 28th. Got approved on August 29th and received the actual document in the mail on August 30th. Well i live an hour away from the Case processing center maybe that's why i received it early.

PGWP1

Aug 31, 2017
Hey Guys,

Will Coop affect the full-time status? and if doesn't what if you were enrolled in the co-op program and only actually worked for Term 1 and for Term 2 you couldn't find a job and also couldn't go sit in the term 2 classes cause you missed all the prereqs for those courses. I was enrolled in Coop program for 16 months in a row schedule ( from May 2015 till August 2016 ) but I only worked from May 2015 until December 2015. I couldn't find a job for January 2016 and I was forced by my school to take a distance course for January 2016 because they changed the curriculum and everyone on that coop schedule had to take it online otherwise they had to extend their degree. I applied only with completion letter. Let me know if you had a similar situation or have any information. Appreciate it!!

Thanks

Janna64

Sep 1, 2017
Hi everyone,

This is my timeline:
Applied on june 15
Got confirmation on june 17
The application updated on August 31
Got approval on Sept 1

Before getting approval i got a medical report from them requesting to get medical check done.
Did anyone experience this?
Even though i got an approval, do I have to do it?
Thanks

glaelse

Aug 16, 2017
Hi guys,

Applied: June 18, 2017
Submitted: June 20, 2017
Approved: September 1, 2017

Good luck for everyone!

mastersboy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
I applied with completion letter only, did not ask for transcript. I think the key is your completion letter MUST indicate your program length, if not, its very likely they will ask you to provide transcript.
Did your completion letter indicate your full time status per term for all terms?

Mine just says that I was enrolled in a full-time two year program, doesn't say that I have been a full term student for all terms(which I have). Also, what university did you attend?

Thanks!

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Did your completion letter indicate your full time status per term for all terms?

Mine just says that I was enrolled in a full-time two year program, doesn't say that I have been a full term student for all terms(which I have). Also, what university did you attend?

Thanks!
It depends on the officer working on your application. Since your letter states its a full time program, it should be fine. if they need clarification, they will ask you for an official transcript.

niloufar1171

Sep 6, 2017
hi guys,
How come website says that they are still working on June 7th applications but there are people who get confirmed after June 7th ?

niloufar1171

Sep 6, 2017
I applied on 25 of July no updates from them and I find a job so HR want a copy of work permit. Does anyone knows what I can do to hold the job while waiting for the application ?

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
I applied on 25 of July no updates from them and I find a job so HR want a copy of work permit. Does anyone knows what I can do to hold the job while waiting for the application ?
The problem is employers can't rely on written laws especially that it says you are on implied status until a decision is made. So for him, you don't have any work permit until you get one ! And he won't be able to hire you because you may get rejected ( Even if you know that you will get accepted ).

Unfortunately he may have to put you on hold for a while.