+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
Hello everyone,

I applied on Jun 20th and waiting.

Knuckles

Jul 5, 2017
Could I go to the border even though I also applied on online ??
No it doesn't work like that. I had gone to the border twice. Even though I have a visa exempt passport it has to be applied online for pgwp. I was rejected for pgwp and now I am stuck big time right now....running out of ideas.

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
No it doesn't work like that. I had gone to the border twice. Even though I have a visa exempt passport it has to be applied online for pgwp. I was rejected for pgwp and now I am stuck big time right now....running out of ideas.
your pgwp online application got rejected?

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
my friend was denied pgwp at border but she had applied online. Would you think that would possibly be rejected?

Knuckles

Jul 5, 2017
when did u apply and what was the reason of rejection ?
Study permit had expired, applied for pgwp on day 61 after expiry date due to the university giving out the letter of completion on that day. Went to the border 2 weeks ago and they said the reason it got rejected was due to the fact that I did not have any status in Canada. Fortunately I have a visa exempt passport...other than that stuck with a rejected pgwp and now on a visitor status till next week.

IND_CAD

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
One of my friend got it last week. She is from Korea. She applied online and it had been taking for ever. She went to border and received it 1 hour. On the next day She has cancelled online application and let CIC know about it...But I know its not the same case for everybody. It depends on the officer there......

Reactions: Invikto95

Knuckles

Jul 5, 2017
One of my friend got it last week. She is from Korea. She applied online and it had been taking for ever. She went to border and received it 1 hour. On the next day She has cancelled online application and let CIC know about it...But I know its not the same case for everybody. It depends on the officer there......
Was her study permit valid ??

Knuckles

Jul 5, 2017
Unfortunately mine wasn't and my university sent me the letter of completion almost 2 months after its expiry. Had I also applied for restoration of status then the PGWP would've been approved but don't know how that would've been done as I had already graduated.