+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-Graduate program 1 year. Can I apply PR experience class?

Elijahqassar

Sep 20, 2013
Hi ,I came to Canada recently, and I am going to study in George Brown college for 1 year program (Post-Graduate program) my program name is Health Informatics (certificate) .Also I have a bachelor degree in Dentistry ,however, I have got this degree outside Canada so my degree is not recognized because I have to pass the Canadian dental board .At the moment I live in Toronto , and I would like to stay in Canada and get Permanent residence. My question is
1-Can I apply for PR after finishing my one year program ? or is it possible for student who studied one year(post graduate) to apply for this program ?
2-What are the requirements to apply for this program?
3-When should I apply ?
What do you think .Which immigration program will be suitable for me in my case?
Thank you

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Elijahqassar said:
Hi ,I came to Canada recently, and I am going to study in George Brown college for 1 year program (Post-Graduate program) my program name is Health Informatics (certificate) .Also I have a bachelor degree in Dentistry ,however, I have got this degree outside Canada so my degree is not recognized because I have to pass the Canadian dental board .At the moment I live in Toronto , and I would like to stay in Canada and get Permanent residence. My question is
1-Can I apply for PR after finishing my one year program ? or is it possible for student who studied one year(post graduate) to apply for this program ?
2-What are the requirements to apply for this program?
3-When should I apply ?
What do you think .Which immigration program will be suitable for me in my case?
Thank you
you need to work for an year after ur course to apply under cec
You need a work exp of one year..go n check cec webitse for rest of requirements..

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Elijahqassar said:
But I heard that to apply for Experience Class program .I need to study 2 years at least .
Not sure where you got that but it's incorrect - you need 1 year work experience

Chococherry26

Sep 18, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2013 (& RPRF); bio data form (Nov 4, 2013)
Med's Done....
18-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2013 Rec. Dec-19-2013
LANDED..........
01-01-2014
You need to study a 2 year program it 2 1 year programs and work for 1 year before you can apply. Good luck

Elijahqassar

Sep 20, 2013
So you mean that if I will study one year Post Graduate program I will be not eligible to apply through this category ? and lets say after finishing my one year program I ve got one year experience can I apply or still I need to study 2 years program to fulfill the requirements ? Thank you

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Elijahqassar said:
So you mean that if I will study one year Post Graduate program I will be not eligible to apply through this category ? and lets say after finishing my one year program I ve got one year experience can I apply or still I need to study 2 years program to fulfill the requirements ? Thank you

After you finish and you have one year Canadian experience in a noc 0, a or b position, you can apply.
You don't need 2 years of study

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Elijahqassar said:
There is no study requirement for CEC (there used to be in the past, but there is no longer). You just need to have one year of paid, full time skilled work experience in Canada.

Elijahqassar

Sep 20, 2013
In this site written the following ''The work experience must be gained within the two years preceding submission of the application under the Canadian Experience Class. In addition, graduates must have completed either a full-time Canadian post-secondary educational program of at least two years or a one-year Master's program and an additional year of education in Canada, within a private or public post-secondary educational institution such as a college or a university that is provincially recognized, or Private CEGEPs and provide satisfactory language testing results.'' My study is one year post graduate and I get certificate not a Master degree .And they mention that the applicant should study 2 years post graduate or 1 year Master degree . So what about Post-Graduate 1 year program ?

The site is http://www.migrationexpert.ca/work_visa/experience_class_foreign_worker_foreign_student_visa/

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Elijahqassar said:
In this site written the following ''The work experience must be gained within the two years preceding submission of the application under the Canadian Experience Class. In addition, graduates must have completed either a full-time Canadian post-secondary educational program of at least two years or a one-year Master's program and an additional year of education in Canada, within a private or public post-secondary educational institution such as a college or a university that is provincially recognized, or Private CEGEPs and provide satisfactory language testing results.'' My study is one year post graduate and I get certificate not a Master degree .And they mention that the applicant should study 2 years post graduate or 1 year Master degree . So what about Post-Graduate 1 year program ?

The site is http://www.migrationexpert.ca/work_visa/experience_class_foreign_worker_foreign_student_visa/

Always alway use the CIC website as your source of information - this site is out of date and giving wrong information.