+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
These issues are completely dealt on the discretion of an analyst. If they are satisfied then they will accept these documents and pass your R10 Check.

For me, it is not a big issue but for an analyst, I can't say.

Good Luck.
Good day Mister,
I sure thank you so very much for you response.
As per your experience, is completeness check done before changing the following
"Review of medical results" to "You passed the medical exam."
"Review of additional documents" to "We do not need additional documents."
"Background check" to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

This is how my application looks like
==========================
Application status :We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Once more, I highly appreciate your help and guidance, and hope to hear from you soon about this.
Best Regards,

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
Hi Mr BillHyatt, I am at ip2 stage and asked my consultant to get update from London visa office he received the following response from London,
"After initial review with the immigration officer, your application is undergoing background checks. These checks take time, cannot be expedited and are not conducted by the London office.

Rest assured, we will be in contact when these are completed. Please note that it is possible to take up employment in the interim, while you are awaiting the outcome of this application.

Sincerely,

VCM

Program Assistant | Assistante de programme

Immigration Section – London | Section de l’immigration – Londres"
Can you please help what does it mean.

smartino

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Sweet Bill!

I have ordered my cgms notes about 15 days ago.

I want to order another one now.

And then again after fifteen days.

I want to like get my file's processing/progression every fifteen days.

Can I apply for more than one cgms notes at a time?

What do you suggest?

Thanks.

sanjeev_ind

Dec 20, 2017
Hi Bill and other members of this interesting thread,

I have been in Canada for more than 5 years. Initially came with my wife and kids for my higher studies from India. My family accompanied me as my dependents as I got my study permit. After finishing my studies I applied and got my PGWP. Now after getting work experience on my PGWP, I applied and got my ITA in the latest draw. Please note that all this time we have been living in Canada as a family and my wife and kids are still tied to my PGWP. Of course I am the primary applicant for our PR application.

I have 2 things for which I need advice:

1) Me and my wife don't have our marriage certificate as we never applied for it when we were in India. However our names are mentioned as spouses on each other's Indian passports. Also our kids has our names as parents on their passports. We didn't submit any documents for our marriage when we first applied for our passports in India. Could you please suggest if a Canadian notarized document/affidavit work in lieu of a marriage certificate in my case given that we have been in Canada already and have our names on each other's passports.

2) My wife's last name was changed after our marriage and hence her passport and Canadian Visa were all issued with her new (my family's) last name. Can a self declared Canadian notarized document/affidavit by my wife work in lieu the "legal name change document" as requested in the PR application as I have already declared in the express entry profile that she has used a different name. This was never required when we applied for her visa during my study permit or PGWP application.

My apologies if it is not meant to be in this thread but I am just trying to get some good advice.

Thanks.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Good day Mister,
I sure thank you so very much for you response.
As per your experience, is completeness check done before changing the following
"Review of medical results" to "You passed the medical exam."
"Review of additional documents" to "We do not need additional documents."
"Background check" to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

This is how my application looks like
==========================
Application status :We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Once more, I highly appreciate your help and guidance, and hope to hear from you soon about this.
Best Regards,
When your BG Check changes back to Not Applicable (NA2) from your application is in progress (IP1) then your R10 Completeness Check will be completed.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Mr BillHyatt, I am at ip2 stage and asked my consultant to get update from London visa office he received the following response from London,
"After initial review with the immigration officer, your application is undergoing background checks. These checks take time, cannot be expedited and are not conducted by the London office.

Rest assured, we will be in contact when these are completed. Please note that it is possible to take up employment in the interim, while you are awaiting the outcome of this application.

Sincerely,

VCM

Security Checks are done by different departments, however, a final decision will be made by London Visa Office. For the employment part, I don't know why they are stating this.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Sweet Bill!

I have ordered my cgms notes about 15 days ago.

I want to order another one now.

And then again after fifteen days.

I want to like get my file's processing/progression every fifteen days.

Can I apply for more than one cgms notes at a time?

What do you suggest?

Thanks.
You can order Multiple GCMS notes but this is just waste of money. You only order GCMS notes at specific intervals as for rest of the time your file is just in a bag. If you wish to order GCMS notes for a number of times then follow the following timeline.

- Once Background Check goes to NA2
- Once File is transferred to Local Visa Office
- Once Background Check goes to IP2

Other than that you are just going to get a same GCMS notes everytime you order.

I hope this will help.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill and other members of this interesting thread,

I have been in Canada for more than 5 years. Initially came with my wife and kids for my higher studies from India. My family accompanied me as my dependents as I got my study permit. After finishing my studies I applied and got my PGWP. Now after getting work experience on my PGWP, I applied and got my ITA in the latest draw. Please note that all this time we have been living in Canada as a family and my wife and kids are still tied to my PGWP. Of course I am the primary applicant for our PR application.

I have 2 things for which I need advice:

1) Me and my wife don't have our marriage certificate as we never applied for it when we were in India. However our names are mentioned as spouses on each other's Indian passports. Also our kids has our names as parents on their passports. We didn't submit any documents for our marriage when we first applied for our passports in India. Could you please suggest if a Canadian notarized document/affidavit work in lieu of a marriage certificate in my case given that we have been in Canada already and have our names on each other's passports.

2) My wife's last name was changed after our marriage and hence her passport and Canadian Visa were all issued with her new (my family's) last name. Can a self declared Canadian notarized document/affidavit by my wife work in lieu the "legal name change document" as requested in the PR application as I have already declared in the express entry profile that she has used a different name. This was never required when we applied for her visa during my study permit or PGWP application.

My apologies if it is not meant to be in this thread but I am just trying to get some good advice.

Thanks.
I would recommend taking a legal advice from Canadian Lawyer regarding the issue no 1. The applicants I know in the past ordered New Marriage Certificate before applying to IRCC, however, I am not aware if Affidavit will work or not.

For 2. Again this is proved via Marriage certificate but in past, there are known cases where other legal documents obtain from government and notarized documents worked.

I hope this will help.

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
Security Checks are done by different departments, however, a final decision will be made by London Visa Office. For the employment part, I don't know why they are stating this.
Does this mean that I am under security screening?

nabil100

Nov 18, 2017
Hello Experts,
I'm in the middle of preparing my docs to submit my express entry PR application.
Could someone please advise me if they need either of the following documents for non english/ french :
  • the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document.
OR
A copy of the original document (scanned)
A version translated by a certified translator.

Thank you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

maplewinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
You can order Multiple GCMS notes but this is just waste of money. You only order GCMS notes at specific intervals as for rest of the time your file is just in a bag. If you wish to order GCMS notes for a number of times then follow the following timeline.

- Once Background Check goes to NA2

Other than that you are just going to get a same GCMS notes everytime you order.

I hope this will help.
Hi @BillHyatt please how does one know these timelines?

Once Background Check goes to NA2

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi @BillHyatt please how does one know these timelines?

Once Background Check goes to NA2
1. Your profile will indicate in BG Check (your file is in progress referred as IP1) and when it goes back to Not Applicable it is known as NA2. This usually happens along with Medical Pass dates.

2. File Transfer can be confirmed by email or by calling IRCC to confirm Visa Office. You should ask this status after 60 Days of AOR in most cases.

3. Once your Background Check starts your BG Check will change from Not Applicable to We are processing your Background Check also referred as IP2.

4. After IP2 you will receive Passport Request or PPR.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: maplewinn

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015

Sincerely,

VCM

it seems additional statement that u may search for employment in Canada..the statement looks like "how to find job letter" from CIC when file transfers to LVO...or seniors may give better response...