+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

macaronian

Apr 24, 2023
My citizenship ceremony was scheduled for April 25th, 2023 at 11 AM PST and I haven't heard anything...
Also haven't been able to log into the tracker, seems like a common issue for people in this stage of the application

segunalad

Apr 20, 2023
My citizenship ceremony was scheduled for April 25th, 2023 at 11 AM PST and I haven't heard anything...
Also haven't been able to log into the tracker, seems like a common issue for people in this stage of the application
Yes same here, just keeps loading but does not open the page, it means its a common issue then.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Many people for 25th started receiving cancellation email.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
I know couple people, with May ceremony date. Already the have their notice to appear email including me.
I actually got my notice to appear email 8th Of this month, exactly 1month prior to my *MAY* ceremony. That being said, I have a friend that work with IRCC. She's the one that actually told me canceled oath will definitely be at the backline for reschedule.
Yes, in your case it is an OFFICIALLY scheduled date. But VERY VERY FEW people actually get their email so far in advance. You are one of the lucky ones.

The vast majority of the people (even as seen on this forum) get their invitation email only about a week (or less) before the tracker scheduled date.

So, even if the rescheduled people are behind (in line) these "officially" scheduled people, it won't make too much of a difference, because there are SO FEW who got the emails in the first place!!

Last edited:
Reactions: macaronian

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Are the citizenship ceremonies continuing with the strike? From what I understood, they’re supposed to be rescheduled. You can check what immigration experts mentioned in this talk I heard the other day: https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:7054443104895959040/ Nobody is 100% sure if all work is halted or not. Some seem to be working but mostly the message is that don’t expect much to progress while it’s going on. Good luck, I hope the strike won’t have a big impact!

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Are the citizenship ceremonies continuing with the strike? From what I understood, they’re supposed to be rescheduled. You can check what immigration experts mentioned in this talk I heard the other day: https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:7054443104895959040/ Nobody is 100% sure if all work is halted or not. Some seem to be working but mostly the message is that don’t expect much to progress while it’s going on. Good luck, I hope the strike won’t have a big impact!
have not seen any ceremony which has taken place since the strike was called.

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Has anyone gotten an invitation for Oath ceremony since the strikes began? I wonder if there might be some of IRCC staff still working on these?

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
Has anyone gotten an invitation for Oath ceremony since the strikes began? I wonder if there might be some of IRCC staff still working on these?
Some may not be striking ( no one is forced to strike) but essential workers won't likely be working on normal citizenship files.

oboyzee

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023