+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

SirCumsALot

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022
They got a good break when they stayed home for 2 years and got full wages, and benefits, and did not lose their jobs while the private sector did not get the same. They are also asking to work from home permanently while also wanting their wages increased with other ridiculous demands that if passed would force the government to increase already high taxes to pay for them. Has anyone seen the debt the country is in right now?

They were moved to work on cerb etc.
And not their fault the govt debt is high. Would you react the same way if your employer does not give you a good raise because of their debt?

SirCumsALot

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022
Not only is it a pay hike they want, and quite a good one. They want to be able to work from home.

Think about it for a minute. Do we really want them to work on sensitive files, containing personal information, which could be severely damaging for an individual, if it ends up in the wrong hands, and do this from home? Sure, highly secured VPNs etc but who says other people could be there and access these files. Be it CRA or IRCC working on my stuff.

I’m certainly not OK with it.

It seems to be their big ticket item that they can’t get through, but is a deal breaker in negotiations.

Literally nothing wrong with that because:
1. No one is asking for every single employee to be working from home.
2: People have worked from home with sensitive data before. And not just within govt agencies but even with private companies like banks, telecom companies, etc. There are policies covering safety of data not just from technological but also phgsical aspect.
The pandemic has very clearly shown that a lot of jobs does not require the employee to come in. And there's absolutely nothing wrong fighting for it either.
3: btw about the pay hike, its still in line with keeping with inflation.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
They were moved to work on cerb etc.
And not their fault the govt debt is high. Would you react the same way if your employer does not give you a good raise because of their debt?
It's all of our money, taxpayers' money.

The government, and especially the Treasury Board, have duty to protect public money, de jure. ( by law ).

Public service workers are above all the servants of the citizens, they are our employees, paid with our money: You have to see it from this point of view, I think.

If this means forcing the members of this union to return to work by a special law, i hope they will do it quickly, despite the refusal, a priori, of the NDP.

Note: I've already had the honor of swearing my allegiance to Her Majesty the Queen, but I'm still not disinterested in this story, and I follow the loan news: It's about not being selfish. .. + I really sympathize with the victims of the whims of these detestable workers, and who abuse public money (for exemple, the case of vacation code 699) ... I think this attitude of altruism and compassion is very Canadian attitude. With all my heart with you, friends!

, Piotr.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Canada will not take in every single refugee they will be migrating to different countries. My initial comment still stands. WE won't know how things play our until the strike is over
Of course not but it’s been done.

In the Syrian crisis they slowed down on regular applications and switched their focus to the Syrian refugees.

Same during the taliban takeover of Afghanistan. And I believe it’s ongoing for Ukrainian refugees.

Why wouldn’t they again?

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Of course not but it’s been done.

In the Syrian crisis they slowed down on regular applications and switched their focus to the Syrian refugees.

Same during the taliban takeover of Afghanistan. And I believe it’s ongoing for Ukrainian refugees.

Why wouldn’t they again?
There have been a lot of applicants especially the paper ones who applied in 2022 were able to get it approved in around 6 months. This is during the Ukraine war.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Dude I'm 100 percent sure!!!
I'll come back here to remind you when the time comes.
The reason I think that will not happen, is because all those people who have been “scheduled” well into May, are not OFFICIALLY scheduled!

It is not official, until they send the invitation email. When I got my email, it had the seat number and other critical stuff assigned!

Even their own tracker says it’s not a confirmed date until you get the email!

So, yes, those that got the invitation, may remain at the front of the line, and their ceremonies might proceed, if the strike were called off.

But at least for the Scarborough SCR office, I think my date (24th April) was the last date they sent out emails.

So, essentially, after tomorrow there really does not exist a line anymore!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gucheelady

oboyzee

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
The reason I think that will not happen, is because all those people who have been “scheduled” well into May, are not OFFICIALLY scheduled!

It is not official, until they send the invitation email. When I got my email, it had the seat number and other critical stuff assigned!

Even their own tracker says it’s not a confirmed date until you get the email!

So, yes, those that got the invitation, may remain at the front of the line. But at least for the Scarborough SCR office, I think my date (24th April) was the last date they sent out emails.

So, essentially, after tomorrow there really does not exist a line anymore!
I know couple people, with May ceremony date. Already the have their notice to appear email including me.
I actually got my notice to appear email 8th Of this month, exactly 1month prior to my *MAY* ceremony. That being said, I have a friend that work with IRCC. She's the one that actually told me canceled oath will definitely be at the backline for reschedule.

Reactions: lila777

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
I know couple people, with May ceremony date. Already the have their notice to appear email including me.
I actually got my notice to appear email 8th Of this month, exactly 1month prior to my *MAY* ceremony. That being said, I have a friend that work with IRCC. She's the one that actually told me canceled oath will definitely be at the backline for reschedule.
whats backline?

Reactions: sahibo

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
We can’t raise salary based on current inflation as it will go down soon but once you raised salary you can’t reduce. We all know IRCC is one of the slowest dep in fed. If they give work from home, they simply sleep. It would be great if fed use AI automation for clean citizenship files instead of sending to human. Last time, I went for FP to RCMP, the lady literally sit and do nothing but no appointment. Later, after insist, they did it. Omg, plz increase their workload or hire contract workers. They have no idea what is work, plz go and see nurses

Reactions: lila777 and sahibo

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
We can’t raise salary based on current inflation as it will go down soon but once you raised salary you can’t reduce. We all know IRCC is one of the slowest dep in fed. If they give work from home, they simply sleep. It would be great if fed use AI automation for clean citizenship files instead of sending to human. Last time, I went for FP to RCMP, the lady literally sit and do nothing but no appointment. Later, after insist, they did it. Omg, plz increase their workload or hire contract workers. They have no idea what is work, plz go and see nurses
More prs landed in Canada in a year while working from home than ever before in Canada's history

segunalad

Apr 20, 2023
Hello,

Due to the strike action, your Citizenship event planned for April 25th, 2023 at 8:15 a.m. is cancelled. We will reschedule your event as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

I am really hoping to get rescheduled for a early May or second week - I qualified for a free Mediterranean cruise via my company and immediately i got the official email of citizenship ceremony, I booked flights, hotel etc for 30th May 2023 with the hope and believe that by this time tomorrow I would be having my ceremony.

Last edited:

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
Hello,

Due to the strike action, your Citizenship event planned for April 25th, 2023 at 8:15 a.m. is cancelled. We will reschedule your event as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

I am really hoping to get rescheduled for a early May or second week - I qualified for a free Mediterranean cruise via my company and immediately i got the official email of citizenship ceremony, I booked flights, hotel etc for 30th May 2023 with the hope and believe that by this time tomorrow I would be having my ceremony.
Did you get an email for event or was this just a tracker update?