+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible "decent" car loan? Experiences,comments,knowledge Plz!

manu_pena

Jun 27, 2011
Hey Guys! A similar question was posted already in regards to a "decent" car loans for newcomers. Given the fact that we have no canadian credit history, the best that you can probably do is getting an insane monthly payment or crazy high interest rates or most likely get turned down. I read that scotiabank is one of the best banks in canada and went on their website and they offer many helpful ways to get started and build credit, which was pretty clear. This part was somewhat vague but really got me excited :

StartRight Auto Loan Program

When new immigrants and foreign workers first arrive in Canada, buying a car is a major purchase for many. Scotiabank is proud to introduce the StartRight Auto Loan Program, which provides auto financing solutions to newcomers.
The Program is currently available through selected new vehicle franchise dealerships in Canada.

Has anyone had an experience or knows more about programs such as the one mentioned above ? Any ideas what type of "financing solutions" they offer? Thats all the information on their website of the program.

tdtEUPHORIA

Star Member
Dec 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2010.
Doc's Request.
APRIL 30, 2010
Nomination.....
JUNE 4, 2010
AOR Received.
JUNE 29,2010
File Transfer...
JULY 19, 2010
Med's Request
FEBRUARY 7, 2011
Med's Done....
FEBRUARY 11, 2011
Passport Req..
MARCH 22, 2011
tdtEUPHORIA here, I went to SCotiaBank and one of the basic requirements for their car loan is for the principal applicant to atleast have a secured job for a year. Meaning, if you just got a job and working full time, it doesnt really qualify you. Regardless whether you`re earning 15/hour or more. Tjhey only offer Credit cards for new immigrants but not car loan assistance at all.

I`ve tried Gauthier, VIckar - Nissan @REGENT and Midland @ NOTRE DAME, no help at all for NeW Immigrnats. They would all require you for a co signor or atleast a down payment. NO LUCK>>>

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tdtEUPHORIA said:
tdtEUPHORIA here, I went to SCotiaBank and one of the basic requirements for their car loan is for the principal applicant to atleast have a secured job for a year. Meaning, if you just got a job and working full time, it doesnt really qualify you. Regardless whether you`re earning 15/hour or more. Tjhey only offer Credit cards for new immigrants but not car loan assistance at all.

I`ve tried Gauthier, VIckar - Nissan @ REGENT and Midland @ NOTRE DAME, no help at all for NeW Immigrnats. They would all require you for a co signor or atleast a down payment. NO LUCK>>>
Try other auto dealerships such as Volvo, BMW, Mercedes Benz and Honda

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
I read somewhere (sorry I can't remember where) but KIA were doing some deal for immigrants, we were going to look into it but then found my dream car at a local dealer and somehow got the finance deal for it. I don't know why they accepted us, but we got a good deal - I think it is through BMO - but KIA were definitely doing something....