+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility to expedite the H&C

Jul 15, 2023
My family applied for refugee claimants in Aug 2018, and was refused in 2021, we applied for appeal which also was denied, then PRRA in Feb 2023, and denied in May 2023.
My family applied for H&C in April 2023, we received the file number in May 2023. In 12 July 2023 we received a deportation order, to depart the country in 22 Aug 2023. we applied for deferral and was denied in 1 Aug 2023, and our lawyer applied for PRRA reconsideration which still under process. on parallel the H&C still in preprocessing status. Can we do anything to expedite the processing of the H&C ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My family applied for refugee claimants in Aug 2018, and was refused in 2021, we applied for appeal which also was denied, then PRRA in Feb 2023, and denied in May 2023.
My family applied for H&C in April 2023, we received the file number in May 2023. In 12 July 2023 we received a deportation order, to depart the country in 22 Aug 2023. we applied for deferral and was denied in 1 Aug 2023, and our lawyer applied for PRRA reconsideration which still under process. on parallel the H&C still in preprocessing status. Can we do anything to expedite the processing of the H&C ?
Unfortunately there's no way to expedite an H&C application.

peace123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Failure asylum seeker could apply for temporary resident permit. There is no guarantee that you’ll be issued a temporary resident permit.

Temporary resident permit holders may be eligible to apply for permanent residence as members of the permit holder class if all of the following apply:

they have not become inadmissible on any grounds other than those for which the original TRP was issued
they currently hold a valid TRP
they have resided continuously in Canada as a permit holder for 3 to 5 years, depending on the nature of their original inadmissibility.

Jul 15, 2023
Thank you for your advice. This is the first time to see this solution, I believe I have to revisit the TRP eligibility and study the details.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your advice. This is the first time to see this solution, I believe I have to revisit the TRP eligibility and study the details.
Not a practical option. TRPs are generally taking 1.5+ years to process these days.

Jay83

Star Member
Aug 31, 2023
Failure asylum seeker could apply for temporary resident permit. There is no guarantee that you’ll be issued a temporary resident permit.

Temporary resident permit holders may be eligible to apply for permanent residence as members of the permit holder class if all of the following apply:

they have not become inadmissible on any grounds other than those for which the original TRP was issued
they currently hold a valid TRP
they have resided continuously in Canada as a permit holder for 3 to 5 years, depending on the nature of their original inadmissibility.
How can I apply for TRP holder?
I am failed refugee with valid work permit but officer mentioned it this is not considered as temporary status
So can I apply?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How can I apply for TRP holder?
I am failed refugee with valid work permit but officer mentioned it this is not considered as temporary status
So can I apply?
Being granted a WP while waiting for an application associated with asylum or H&C is not considered the same as having a WP based on applying for a WP. WPs are granted for those applying for asylum especially to try and have people support themselves financially and not be dependent on welfare. This is why you are not considered to have temporary status like other WP holders. In general IRCC tries to avoid processing multiple applications at once so a TRP application may be put on hold while your H&C application is professed. Even if deported your H&C application will continue to be processed. What is your citizenship? Certain countries where PPRA is usually granted but getting approved is very difficult in general? Are you financially independent or are you receiving any funds from the government? That will be a big issue for your H&C application.

Jay83

Star Member
Aug 31, 2023
Being granted a WP while waiting for an application associated with asylum or H&C is not considered the same as having a WP based on applying for a WP. WPs are granted for those applying for asylum especially to try and have people support themselves financially and not be dependent on welfare. This is why you are not considered to have temporary status like other WP holders. In general IRCC tries to avoid processing multiple applications at once so a TRP application may be put on hold while your H&C application is professed. Even if deported your H&C application will continue to be processed. What is your citizenship? Certain countries where PPRA is usually granted but getting approved is very difficult in general? Are you financially independent or are you receiving any funds from the government? That will be a big issue for your H&C application.
It’s okay no problem if they put TRP holder for n hold and proceed my H&C application
My question how can I apply and send my application?
I met all criteria like 3-5 years in Canada
No criminal
No inadmissible
But the only thing I’m not sure about is getting welfare if I could apply for TRP holder?
So yea

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It’s okay no problem if they put TRP holder for n hold and proceed my H&C application
My question how can I apply and send my application?
I met all criteria like 3-5 years in Canada
No criminal
No inadmissible
But the only thing I’m not sure about is getting welfare if I could apply for TRP holder?
So yea
Are you currently receiving welfare or any other form of financial assistance from Canada or are you supporting yourself financially by working or through your savings?

Jay83

Star Member
Aug 31, 2023
It doesn’t issue for H&C until get AIP then have to work to support your self except if get u get financial exemption ircc Article A39
But u don’t answer my question?
Then you asked for questions

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It doesn’t issue for H&C until get AIP then have to work to support your self except if get u get financial exemption ircc Article A39
But u don’t answer my question?
Then you asked for questions
Receiving social assistance can have significant negative impact on an H&C application if you want the best chance of getting approved for H&C you need to start working and get off of social assistance asap. That would be my recommendation if attempting to apply for TRP as well. All cases are significantly weaker if receiving social assistance except for asylum cases.

Jay83

Star Member
Aug 31, 2023
Receiving social assistance can have significant negative impact on an H&C application if you want the best chance of getting approved for H&C you need to start working and get off of social assistance asap. That would be my recommendation if attempting to apply for TRP as well. All cases are significantly weaker if receiving social assistance except for asylum cases.
But still you didn’t tell us how we can apply for TRP holder ? 7 family are waiting for apply and send application for TRP so why you don’t want directly answer questions and every time try to skip it and make ur own questions I don’t know what is the point of this

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015