+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pos-Graduate Work Permit Refusal-Help!

Jsehmi

Dec 13, 2016
Hello,

I applied for my PGWP 1 week after my study permit expired. I was under the impression that you need to apply within 90 days of graduation- I graduated on August 19,2016 and my study permit expired on November 1, 2016, I applied for PGWP on November 8th. I got a letter from CIC after a month stating that my application has been refused because it was submitted after my study permit expired. I need help in understanding on how i should restore my status and if there is any chance that i can still apply for PGWP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to apply within 90 days of graduating AND you study permit must be valid at the time you apply for your PGWP. Since your study permit had expired, you were unfortunately correctly refused.

Chance are it's too late to get the PGWP - but I would try anyway. You'll need to apply to restore your status and also extend your study permit - as well as include the application for a PGWP. I would include a cover letter explaining your situation. Who knows - maybe the visa officer will give you a break.

Good luck.

Jvirk

Jan 5, 2017
Hey scylla . I appreciate your responses... i have a question.hopefully you will reply asap. Like i came to canada in studied full time from jan to april ,then again full time in summer .. summer semester was my last semester and unfortunately i had back log in one subject and in fall i studied only one subject in which i failed..now from january i am again registered full time in another college .. will this effect my pgwp.. i have completed one course already and in jan 2017 i am taking another course

Mitchco

Jan 16, 2017
Yeah maybe it would affect you since the conditions require you to study full time during the Fall and Winter term.