Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
ks232 said:
Hi Confusednscared,

Thanks so much. We really love each other but the way immigration laws are going these days we're concerned with getting denied because of my status here and the way i came. We want to tell the truth about how i got to the US along with everything else and hoping they don't use it against me. We're both confident that we can do well on the interview if we had to do it. But I'm looking at different situations and not to say I'm being negative but I'm scared that they WILL justify the fact that I entered the states illegally to refuse me somehow.

The problem is i really don't have family in Guyana and for them to deny me it would be hard to stay there without my husband and have to wait for an appeal. I haven't been in Guyana for 8 years and not sure what to expect if I have to go which is the scariest part. I'm currently doing my bachelors degree and we were even wondering whether we wait and hope Obama passes something. We even discussed the possibility of him coming to the states but we realize that this would only be something temporary since he's not a resident of the states.

Please advice us on what to do. Speaking from your experience might/can help us make decisions a little better. How are you coping there? Thanks a million.
You are try other members on the forum like Leon, PMN, RobsLuv, rjessome -message their inboxes and see what their responses are.

Berbician

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
21-01-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2011
LANDED..........
18-07-2011
Good Morning Forum,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has visited there spouse after sponsoring?

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Berbician said:
Good Morning Forum,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has visited there spouse after sponsoring?
yes i did. several times, back and forth. the key thing i believe is to get your visa before you put in the sponsor ship papers.
i applied twice and was successful to getting my visa to visit my then boyfriend. BUT we submitted sufficient proof of funds, job letter, letter of invitation etc.
however i heard that once you are in process its really difficult to get a visa.
if you have a visa at the moment and its valid, and you never overstayed then use it. just make sure you have a return ticket to provide, do not carry too much luggage and know exactly what you are going to say at the border. if you fumble or act nervous they will think you are coming to stay.

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
Hi forum I am a member of this forum, but new to this thread, however I am sponsoring my son who is going thru the Port of Spain Office, His application was submitted to CIC Mississauga and Aprroved in January. We received an AOR saying his application was received by POS of Feb 7 his medicals were done June 2010 what should we expect to be the next steps from the POS visa office

links

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-2010
File Transfer...
21-09-2010
Med's Done....
10-05-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
15-04-2011
I got the call to let me know the visa is ready...and that i can up same...

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
congratulations Links

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
Congratulations Links, so did my Husband this morning.. ;D

Patience is definitely a virtue. Thank you all for being supportive and understandable during one of the most, hardest time of life.. being away from the one you would die for. Without this forum and my wonderful friends I met on here ESPECIALLY CONFUSEDnSCARED & GTWIFEY I really dont know what I would do, it was truly a wonderful thing to know that theres other people out there thats going through the samethings that I am.

BTW, Wednesday Hubby will be going for his PP and documents. In all it took us alittle over 11months to finalize.

Thank you all once again, and thank you lord..
I will still come and peep on you guys, no worries! :-*

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
CDNGirl said:

Patience is definitely a virtue. Thank you all for being supportive and understandable during one of the most, hardest time of life.. being away from the one you would die for. Without this forum and my wonderful friends I met on here ESPECIALLY CONFUSEDnSCARED & GTWIFEY I really dont know what I would do, it was truly a wonderful thing to know that theres other people out there thats going through the samethings that I am.

BTW, Wednesday Hubby will be going for his PP and documents. In all it took us alittle over 11months to finalize.

Congratulations to you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. You are so right! Patience is a virtue! Lets go Port of Spain! Keep moving!!! ;)

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
CDNGirl said:

Ahhh girl. . I have tears in my eyes. I only read the first line before replying so excitedly. I truly wish you both all the best. Pray for those of us still waitng on POS to work miracles in Guyana. :D

onedayatatime

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-29-10
AOR Received.
Jan-6-11
File Transfer...
Feb 11-11
Med's Done....
Oct-10
CDNGirl said:

Congrats to you both, wishing you all the best !

cruises30

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 22/ 2010
AOR Received.
Jan. 21/ 2011
File Transfer...
Dec. 20/ 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2011
LANDED..........
May 25, 2011
Happy Tuesday everyone.....

Congrats to everyone that is getting through!!

I'm addicted to this website along with ECAS. I think i need ECAS rehab or something. I keep checking the status everyday wishing and praying for something magical to happen. :(

I know this process is normally 6-12 months but they should really make it so that you can talk to someone or even have some idea of where the file is. My latest status shows "in process" but what does that mean? Could it take another 3 months? I see folks on here get through in 5 to 6 months, i sure hope i have that same experience..........

For people that live in the Toronto area, is it worthwhile going to the Trinidad embassy here and inquiring about your case? Do you think they would tell you anything?

alo

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011
AOR Received.
16/006/2001
File Transfer...
17-05-2011
Med's Done....
Feb 2011
Interview........
bipassed
Passport Req..
08/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2011
LANDED..........
Jan 2012
well i am going to send off my papers this week any last minute advice.

I have major butterflies in my stomach. I hope that i have sufficient enough information.

cruises30

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 22/ 2010
AOR Received.
Jan. 21/ 2011
File Transfer...
Dec. 20/ 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2011
LANDED..........
May 25, 2011
good luck! I know this isn't easy. Just triple check all your documents to make sure everything is filled out. Remember if it doesn't apply to you, don't leave it blank - you have to write "Not applicable". Provide as much evidence of your relationship as humanly possible.

:)

snilespg2

Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cruises30 said:
good luck! I know this isn't easy. Just triple check all your documents to make sure everything is filled out. Remember if it doesn't apply to you, don't leave it blank - you have to write "Not applicable". Provide as much evidence of your relationship as humanly possible.

:)
As one leaves the circle, another joins....Hi everyone I'm new to your thread but not to your forum. I recieived my PR card last October (FSW). Your posts have been so helpful in levelling expectations and knowing when and what to expect. Regretfully as most journeys do, I fell off the radar once I landed. Now that I am about to sponsor my spouse I will write about the experience from its inception. I think what helps people is knowing the good, the bad and the ugly (ok I watched to many Clint Eastwood flicks). We have not submitted any of our paper work as yet THANK God!!! After reading the suggestions that others have posted I see we would have done a huge dis-service to ourselves. I don't know if I would surmise our case as "routine" or not (I will let you be the judge) but hubby and I were both married before....to each other 13 years ago (1997). We got divorce very shortly after about 2 years into our marriage, and went our separate ways. We have a child together. I later remarried to my now ex-husband for 7 yrs (we divorced in 2007) and decided to live alone for the past 4 years. During the xmas holiday I took our daughter to visit her dad and it was during that time we reconnected. Some say this time he made the the right "bush tea" hahahah

We got remarried in Barbados last month a beautiful beach ceremony. We dubbed it our Wedding Moon. Now the fun begins. From reading your posts am I too assume there will be more scrutiny with regads to us remarrying? We have no other kids but hubby resided in the US out of status before returning to TNT. Should he expect to have to undergo an interview becasue of this. He wasn't deported. He just left on his own accord. I am still contemplating legal representation. Supporting evidence is not a problem just want to have a piece of mind. This time.

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
I use an attorney to handle my case Sponsored my spouse and my son, my son lives in Barbados and Spouse and I both live in USA I am a canadian Citizen Spouse going thru buffalo son thru Port of Spain Attorney handle all the paper work and was very thorough