+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

ks232

Mar 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Im new to this forum and need some advice and maybe to find someone in my situation.

Here's my situation, im from Guyana and living in the states for the last 8 yrs now. I came here with someone else visa (backtrack) as some of us might call it. I met someone in Canada and we're looking to get marry by next yr. We're in the process in contacting lawyers and we're told that our case will be handle in Port of Spain. We're scared if i get call for an interview and get deny, then i have to go back to Guyana,which we don't want.

Please help, any info will be greatly appreciated.

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
I so agree, when calling POS the bitchy ting da ansa da phone says to email or send a fax but I must say I dis set she in she place before I hang up! I'm so fedup!

cruises30

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 22/ 2010
AOR Received.
Jan. 21/ 2011
File Transfer...
Dec. 20/ 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2011
LANDED..........
May 25, 2011
Happy Monday everyone,

I need any and all advice you can possibly give!!!! Any hunches or gut feelings please!

Okay, so on ECAS it has said "application received" for about 3 months now. Today when i log in using my hubby's file number it now says "In process", so when i click on that link - it now has two more lines added.

It shows:

We have received your application for permanent residence on December 29, 2010.

We have started processing your file on March 25, 2011

Medical results have been received

Is this a good thing? Does this mean we may hear from them soon? Please i beg anyone and all to respond :eek: :eek:

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
No it just means that the visa office is now starting to work with your file.

BTW, I signed up with that ecas tracker thingy and got an weird email from it this morning saying that a letter has been mailed out on MAY 12 2010 with a decision which is frikken stupid cause I got that letter almost a year ago! This is the reason why I don't track my things online anymore!!!!!!

cruises30

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 22/ 2010
AOR Received.
Jan. 21/ 2011
File Transfer...
Dec. 20/ 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2011
LANDED..........
May 25, 2011
girl you sure no how to crush someones hopes - LOL ----- just kidding

This process sure is draining....mentally and physically. :(:(

Trust in god and the love that you share and all will work out in the end....at least that is what i'm gonna keep telling myself

onedayatatime

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-29-10
AOR Received.
Jan-6-11
File Transfer...
Feb 11-11
Med's Done....
Oct-10
cruises30 said:
girl you sure no how to crush someones hopes - LOL ----- just kidding

This process sure is draining....mentally and physically. :(:(

Trust in god and the love that you share and all will work out in the end....at least that is what i'm gonna keep telling myself
Its just reality....I too am going to stop tracking mine online because it builds up your hopes for nothing or makes u worry for nothing. Either way it seems likes a waste of time, and that is the key factor in all this time and patience....as long as you got a lot of both you would be able to handle anything that comes your way.

links

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-2010
File Transfer...
21-09-2010
Med's Done....
10-05-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
15-04-2011
cruises30 said:
Happy Monday everyone,

I need any and all advice you can possibly give!!!! Any hunches or gut feelings please!

Okay, so on ECAS it has said "application received" for about 3 months now. Today when i log in using my hubby's file number it now says "In process", so when i click on that link - it now has two more lines added.

It shows:

We have received your application for permanent residence on December 29, 2010.

We have started processing your file on March 25, 2011

Medical results have been received

Is this a good thing? Does this mean we may hear from them soon? Please i beg anyone and all to respond :eek: :eek:

If you had the opportunity to read an earlier post by me you would be overjoyed instead. In my case once processing started approx... 3 days later i received a letter in the mail requesting my passport and pic.....

cruises30

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 22/ 2010
AOR Received.
Jan. 21/ 2011
File Transfer...
Dec. 20/ 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2011
LANDED..........
May 25, 2011
@Links ------ I sure hope that happens for me!!! :):):):):)

I don't know what i would do first, scream, cry or smile my #$$% off!!!!

Thanks for the responses everyone. I love this forum :)

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
I read sometime this week or earlier last week that CIC is switching up this computerized system that e-CAS is updated to some global system. At this point in time, people were saying that strange things are showing up on e-CAS including misinformation. For me, my address went missing for a while and then came back on.

It could be that the system is up and running or it's still doing its magical updates. Either way, I am not going to get hyper about it.

@ Cruises, I think it's a standard update from POS to e-CAS re: the information you saw unless something good is happening ;)

A friend of mine saw Decision Made on e-CAS about a month ago and she still hasn't received anything for her hubby's application.

Berbician

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
21-01-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2011
LANDED..........
18-07-2011
Just wondering where on the AOR letter would my husband file number be?

Congrats Cruise30, we have almost the same timeline so this gives me hope that my hubby will be getting some news soon, when I check my client # it too says Application Received since Jan 2011. I called CIC once and they told me that he has a different number than the one that I have is this true? :)

cruises30

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 22/ 2010
AOR Received.
Jan. 21/ 2011
File Transfer...
Dec. 20/ 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2011
LANDED..........
May 25, 2011
@Berbician, thank you so much. This process aint easy and i'm not out of the woods yet, but at least some news is better than nothing at all...i guess.

Okay so with regards to your question, the file number that you received and the file number that your hubby received will show the same updates, at least that has been my experience. If you wish to go in using your hubby's number, its the "F" number that would be located at the bottom of the first page on your "AOR" it should be 10 digits in length. So when you locate that number, you log into ECAS and in the drop down menu you choose "Immigration Number" and then put that number in the next box, now put all your hubbys birthdate information etc....it should work. If you want to use your number, i think you would select "Client ID Number".....

As i mentioned in my earlier posts, my ECAS showed "Application Received" for over 2 months and on Monday it now shows "In Process", so you may experience the same thing soon.......

If you need anymore help don't hesitate to Inbox me.....cuz i know how difficult this whole thing can be.

Take care and good luck! :)

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
ks232 said:
Hi guys,

Im new to this forum and need some advice and maybe to find someone in my situation.

Here's my situation, im from Guyana and living in the states for the last 8 yrs now. I came here with someone else visa (backtrack) as some of us might call it. I met someone in Canada and we're looking to get marry by next yr. We're in the process in contacting lawyers and we're told that our case will be handle in Port of Spain. We're scared if i get call for an interview and get deny, then i have to go back to Guyana,which we don't want.

Please help, any info will be greatly appreciated.

If you know that you will get marry next year and you are serious about being sponsored to Canada I would strongly suggest that you and your partner start working on building relationship evidence to show that you both have a genuine relationship and you are not only marrying him/her to gain legal entry into Canada.

There are a lot of things you can start doing from now to show your relationship is real. If you have things from the past, you can save those as well for proofs. I think you have a long way to go to build on your application. Just don't wait for the last minute to get things put in place.

Good luck!

ks232

Mar 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Confusednscared,

Thanks so much. We really love each other but the way immigration laws are going these days we're concerned with getting denied because of my status here and the way i came. We want to tell the truth about how i got to the US along with everything else and hoping they don't use it against me. We're both confident that we can do well on the interview if we had to do it. But I'm looking at different situations and not to say I'm being negative but I'm scared that they WILL justify the fact that I entered the states illegally to refuse me somehow.

The problem is i really don't have family in Guyana and for them to deny me it would be hard to stay there without my husband and have to wait for an appeal. I haven't been in Guyana for 8 years and not sure what to expect if I have to go which is the scariest part. I'm currently doing my bachelors degree and we were even wondering whether we wait and hope Obama passes something. We even discussed the possibility of him coming to the states but we realize that this would only be something temporary since he's not a resident of the states.

Please advice us on what to do. Speaking from your experience might/can help us make decisions a little better. How are you coping there? Thanks a million.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request