Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Nomination.....
30-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
4 weeks basically. Ecas said decision made after 4 weeks and myCIC basically said approved and they mailed my passport back.
Thank you for that information. I will look out to receiving it back around that time. All the best as you continue on your journey!!

KIM0981

Sep 20, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this thread. I applied under Express Entry, FSW (O). I live in Trinidad. My timeline:

AOR - 6 Sept 2017
Additional doc request (Travel history) - 15th Sept 2017
Medical Passed - 20th Sept 2017
Na - 25th Sept 2017
IP2 - 28th Sept 2017

Is it customary that my file will be transferred to the POS Visa Office form final assessment since I am from Trinidad?

Thank you

palex066

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Nomination.....
30-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this thread. I applied under Express Entry, FSW (O). I live in Trinidad. My timeline:

AOR - 6 Sept 2017
Additional doc request (Travel history) - 15th Sept 2017
Medical Passed - 20th Sept 2017
Na - 25th Sept 2017
IP2 - 28th Sept 2017

Is it customary that my file will be transferred to the POS Visa Office form final assessment since I am from Trinidad?

Thank you
Hi Kim it is normal practice for your file to be transferred to a VO near your country of birth. As some of the other Caribbean islands would have their file transferred to Trinidad for further processing. Your application appears to be going through quickly as all EE applicants tend to be. Quick one from your timeline....what is NA and IP2?

KIM0981

Sep 20, 2017
Hi Kim it is normal practice for your file to be transferred to a VO near your country of birth. As some of the other Caribbean islands would have their file transferred to Trinidad for further processing. Your application appears to be going through quickly as all EE applicants tend to be. Quick one from your timeline....what is NA and IP2?
Hello,

Thank you for your response. Those acronyms represent the changes in the Express Entry application status. You can read more about it via this link:

https://immiknowhow.com/tag/ip1-ip2/

I hope it is helpful.

palex066

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Nomination.....
30-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
Hello,

Thank you for your response. Those acronyms represent the changes in the Express Entry application status. You can read more about it via this link:

https://immiknowhow.com/tag/ip1-ip2/

I hope it is helpful.
Thanks for the breakdown of the terms. It is quite helpful. I am currently at the PPR stage and my application was paper based so I wasn't familiar with some of the acronyms....but it is good to know!

Judo

Oct 13, 2017
Hello All,

My sister was just approved as a sponsor for me. I live in Trinidad.

Family Class Sponsorship Time Line -

Submitted App to CIC Mississauga: July 2017
Sponsorship status approved: Oct 2017
Confirmation of receipt of app by CIC Port of Spain: Oct 2017

CIC specifically states that spousal sponsorship take less then 12 months. My question is, how long will a family class sponsorship of a sister take? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Judo

aamir90

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this thread. I need some advises on Spousal Sponsorship - Medical request from Trinidad & Tobago.

I am sponsoring my spouse who is from Guyana. We submitted our application on May 7th to CIC Mississauga, ON. My spouse received request to link application on July 7th. Profile was created and linked on July 8th and upload PCC & Sch. A form. these were uploaded on July 14th. I was approved to be a sponsor on July 25th. We received another email from CIC on Aug. 02 notifying us that our application was received at Trinidad VO and our online profile changed to In process. Since then no updates. I would like to know:
1. How long does it take to receive medical request?
2. Is this requested by email, Online profile, etc?

Appreciate any response! Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Aamir

palex066

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Nomination.....
30-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
Happy your documents were at the Visa office. New to this thread...but I see it's for ppls whose applications are at POS.
My timeline is as follows:
25th April 17 - application sent to CIC
10th July 17 - AOR
15th Aug 17 - Medical, RFPF and other docs
6th Sept 17 - Medical passed
Awaiting PPR!!
Just providing an update on my status. I received my passport with Visa and COPR from the Embassy. I am now all set to Land. Taking this opportunity to thank all the responses via this forum that would have provided the info for me to understand this process better...and guide me as to what to expect next. All the best to all...and the 2 year journey that I had from nomination to actual decision made has been so worth the efforts!! Your time will come and it will be rewarding after all the patience and perserverence.

Reactions: Jaime C

Bestwifey

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
App. Filed.......
23/9/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
26/10/2016
Med's Request
26/10/2017
Med's Done....
Upfront with app+med redo
Interview........
26/10/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
Sending pp on 8/11/2017
Hey guys. Just leaving this information here for anyone else seeking information.
Had my interview this morning at 8am. Got there on time and stayed seated while officer went through my documents requests. Interview started at about 9:10. Lasted about an hour asked questions about wife and family. Then it turned into conversation about my family. Nice lady interviewed me. At the end of the interview, she said to me she was satisfied and will be moving ahead with finalizing my application. I was given a medical redo and my passport request form. Which I waited another half hour for. Also told to wait 2 Wks before sending in my passport. I'm happy and nearly to the end but won't feel complete until passport is returned with visa.
Hope my experience gives someone a little hope. I Will advise on Remed and passport return.

Reactions: arob and MonzB

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Hey guys. Just leaving this information here for anyone else seeking information.
Had my interview this morning at 8am. Got there on time and stayed seated while officer went through my documents requests. Interview started at about 9:10. Lasted about an hour asked questions about wife and family. Then it turned into conversation about my family. Nice lady interviewed me. At the end of the interview, she said to me she was satisfied and will be moving ahead with finalizing my application. I was given a medical redo and my passport request form. Which I waited another half hour for. Also told to wait 2 Wks before sending in my passport. I'm happy and nearly to the end but won't feel complete until passport is returned with visa.
Hope my experience gives someone a little hope. I Will advise on Remed and passport return.
CongratSSS!!!!!

Jaime C

Jul 3, 2017
Hi guys ... congrats to those of you who have completed the process and good luck to those of you still waiting . We haven't started the process just yet. However, I do have a question, where in Trinidad do I get the medical done.

Jaime C

Jul 3, 2017
Hi guys ... congrats to those of you who have completed the process and good luck to those of you still waiting . We haven't started the process just yet. However, I do have a question, where in Trinidad do I get the medical done.
I got the information ....!

aamir90

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Does anyone know what is the average processing time for spousal application at POS visa office.
Hey Trev854,
based off your previous post i believe you are a Sept applicant? Please see below for my timeline

Appt submitted - June 7th (Mississauga)
App Rcvd - June 8th
AOR 1 - July 7th
Account created, PCC & Sch. A uploaded - July 14th
SA - July 25th
File transferred to POS VO - Aug 2nd

Since then no updates. Yesterday made 3 mths since file was transferred to POS & 5 mths since initial submission.

Aamir

trev854

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
Hey Trev854,
based off your previous post i believe you are a Sept applicant? Please see below for my timeline

Appt submitted - June 7th (Mississauga)
App Rcvd - June 8th
AOR 1 - July 7th
Account created, PCC & Sch. A uploaded - July 14th
SA - July 25th
File transferred to POS VO - Aug 2nd

Since then no updates. Yesterday made 3 mths since file was transferred to POS & 5 mths since initial submission.

Aamir
wow- thats is a long wait, did you call or email them?

My app was rec Sept 13
ARO 1 Oct 23rd
-sch A & PPC uploaded Oct 23rd
SA- OCT 27th
ECAS In Process- Nov 2nd.

No meds request as yet. it seems like POS is taking a full 6 mths to process. if i were you i would call/ email... let me know if you get any updates, goodluck.

Reactions: aamir90