Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Kadi27 said:
Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year TriniFam.

All the best to everyone :-*
Same to you and the JamFam Miss Kadi27.......we had no power yesterday due to the ice storm in Ontario - hubby is getting a real Canadian weather welcome :p!! Blessings my dear.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
CdnandTrini said:
Thanks for the congrats MsRuby and hope things are coming together for you and hubby at your end. Blessings.
Hi Cdnandtrini, yes things are coming along. We are in the "hot mess of a process" gathering evidence, and filling out forms. Our lawyer is on vacation until Jan 3rd so we are trying to gather everything to send to her office when she returns to work. It's not going to be normal holidays for us both. Hubby is driving down on Thursday, can't wait! : ) Fingers cross, we might be a late Janurary to early February applicant. I'll let you guys know when to add us on the spread sheet.

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
Just wanted to stop by and wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!!!!
Bless
WOF

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
CdnandTrini said:
Hello all of my beloved POS & Kingston JA friends!!! ;D :D We are HOME and "landed" ;) safe and sound in spite of the snowstorm and thank you all so much for the well wishes and support and shout outs!!

I have been offline since Thursday partly no internet access but mostly busy with final departure/post landing activities with hubby, so I will catch up with everyone personally a bit later, but for now here is the official landing story.

Hubby slept for only one hour on Friday night as he was going down to the wire with sorting his household items and packing things in storage and although he might not admit it, he was s-t-r-e-s-s-e-d...........I eventually fell asleep by virtue of exhaustion but only completed a few hours sleep myself due to excitement and anticipation.

A quick re-cap, hubby and I met May 1st 2008, did the long distance relationship, got engaged Feb. 2011 and married Jan. 2013. We were refused TRVs 4 times during our 6.5 years together so all of the travelling was me going to Trinidad. So he was never in Canada (he has only ever travelled to St. Vincent and Tobago) has never met my family or friends in person and none of my family/friends side was able to be in Trinidad for our wedding.

So now, finally after years of phone cards, Skype dates, e-mails, instant messages and one way travel, I am beyond thrilled to finally be able to bring my husband home to the place he has only seen virtually, via a computer screen!!! Of course, we were late getting to the airport, instead of being there 3 hours before the flight we arrived with less than an hour to check in and board. The flight was a bit delayed as the pilot had to file a new flight plan for approval due to the snowstorm in Toronto. So we left Trinidad about 30 minutes behind schedule and ended up flying for about 6 hours instead of 5 (or slightly less) which is what it usually takes. We had 4 large fully loaded suitcases and 2 carry-on bags. Because we each have our own homes and are keeping hubby's home in Trinidad we decided that he did not really need to have goods to follow (the B4 forms) to bring any significant household items with him.

Hubby was very sad to be leaving his home and I am glad to say that I was aware of how conflicted he would be and for the most part, I did not take it personally that he was having these feelings of loss. Would I have liked to have seen a bit more excitement from him......to be honest yes, but in knowing my husband I also know that he is not really exuberant before something happens, his reaction comes afterward. So God gave me some grace to be patient in that area and I was grateful for that.

The flight was good, we ended up sitting with a Trini lady who had immigrated to Canada years ago so we chatted with her about what he might expect with this process. He napped off and on during the flight but was wide awake to watch the plane land in the midst of the flying snow. The snowplows had just come out to clear the tarmac so we had to wait on the plane until they cleared the snow from the gate where we were going to deplane.

As we were exiting the plane it was very chilly so he got his first blast of cold air there!! The airport was pretty busy and there were quite a few people needing to make connecting flights so they were prioritized through customs before the rest of us. It took about 30 minutes to get through this line up - we went to the visitors line as directed, when a person is landing they are not officially a PR yet, so we were told.

Then off to immigration, again very busy with a long line up, we were about 45 minutes here and when it was our turn the officer joked with my husband about why he was leaving a nice warm country like Trinidad to come to this weather. Being at the actual immigration counter was about 10-15 minutes and then off we went to get our bags which were all conveniently off the luggage carousel and together. I grabbed a porter, there were no self serve buggies available and we pulled out our warm shoes from one of the suitcases and changed out of sandals into those. No coats though, we both were wearing sweaters.

Then outside to grab a cab, which ended up being chaotic due to the weather as the airport allows all cabs to come in whereas normally airport taxis have to follow stringent guidelines and flat rates. Hubby wants this part of the story to be told to all of you - when the first cab (a car) came we were told they would not take us as we had too many bags :mad:...what??? We were told we HAD to take a van and pay extra for it, because it was a van and so I started "arguing/haggling" with the cab driver and the guy managing the taxi pick-up area while hubby's teeth were chattering behind me until finally he said "quit debating and pay the man, I'm freezing!!" :p.....lol....lesson one of landing with your husband from a warm climate.....

Driving home from the airport the plows had still not been out on the highway so hubby's eyes were BIG as he watched the snow falling and the other drivers navigating the roads (remember hubby is a cab driver/tour guide by trade in Trinidad, that's how we met!!). Get home and the cabbie will not pull into the driveway as he is afraid he will get stuck in the snow so he stays on the road and will not help with the luggage as he has a "bad back"!! :mad: So I run in the house, grab a huge coat that my brother left for my husband, take it out to him and hubby traipses all of our luggage through the snow on the driveway. After we get in the house I say to him, what do you think of the snow (his first time ever seeing and experiencing it) and he says "I was surprised that I sank into it, I thought I was going to be able to walk on top of it" :D

So that night, he met my mom in person and she had prepared some delicious food for us and a few other treats (including champagne ;)) so we had a great visit with her and then headed to bed.

The next day we had a nice leisurely breakfast and headed outside for the snow shoveling of the driveway. Ours is pretty big and hubby and I tackled it together - he was a natural!! I took pictures of him with his shovel and his big coat, hat, gloves, boots - you would have thought he was born and raised in the snowbelt ;D. A little later he called him mom and brother to let them know he arrived and I heard him say, "wow, this place is beautiful, first class and top notch and COLD!!! 8)". Then later we started to do a bit of unpacking, some laundry and reorganizing of cupboards to accommodate hubby's stuff. We did some shopping and I took him to a few West Indian specialty shops to get him some of his familiar spices and sundries and then my son came over to see us and meet his "stepfather" in person. My daughter called; however, she has the flu so that meeting will likely happen next week and we received calls/e-mails from other family and friends welcoming him here and asking about his reactions to his new home.

Yesterday we both got haircuts and did more unpacking (unbelievable how much stuff 4 suitcases can hold) and today we went and got his SIN number. I have been driving him around to show him the neighborhood, main intersections and a few landmarks so he can try to start getting his bearings a bit. Before he left Trinidad he got his international drivers permit which is valid for a year, but I am not letting him drive yet and he seems to be fine being the passenger for a change - although he is an annoying backseat driver!! But what can I expect from a Trini cabbie?!! :p

We are both still pretty tired and have our sleep schedules messed up but I think that will sort itself out soon. It is almost surreal to see my beautiful man moving about the house doing things I could only imagine over the years and being able to just be a normal couple without the immigration stress/pressure on our heads is truly amazing. We have some other appts. scheduled this week along with a few social events with friends and then Christmas. I am truly thankful to God, my friends and family and all of you on this forum who helped me keep my sanity (for the most part!) during this process. The one piece of advice I want to give to those of you still waiting is for you and your spouse to be realistic with your expectations and not think that your life will be perfect the minute you are together after landing. If you can be patient and forgiving with each other that is so important - the stress of this process almost drove my husband and I apart on a few occasions, even as we prepared to come home together recently. Just realize that each of you may have some moments and moods where you will want to throw in the towel but DO NOT. Ride the choppy waters together, pick your battles, apologize quickly and sincerely and HUG it out. :-* I am so enjoying hugging it out........many blessings and prayers for all of you to be persistent and endure as individuals and in your marriages. Love Mr. & Mrs. CdnandTrini.
Haha awesome landing story, I knew yours would be a fun read!!! So glad things worked out so well, now on to the next phase of life together! Great advice for others waiting on their reunion as well! It can be truly magical if you're realistic and take things one day at a time. For me, the years of separation definitely helped with picking my battles, knowing what's worth debating and what to just let go. Don't force it, just continue to grow together naturally and things will fall into place. Stress the "our" vs "my", let your newly landed loved one do things their way sometimes...even if you don't understand why they do it that way, at least it gets done!

On another note, Merry Christmas everyone!!!! Wishes for a Blessed season for you n all those you love!

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
what a beautiful landing story. I thought I was reading a love novel there for a moment ...lol
I cracked up so much about your hubby teeth chattering while you were having your big debate lol (something I would do too lol)

I'm very happy for you guys, I wish you the best in your marriage and respect the fact how you both held on through thick and thin - EXCELLENT!!!!!!

Have yourself a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (hope yall have power)

Brit_Edwards

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
25-OCT-2013
File Transfer...
25-10-2013 // IN PROCESS Feb 5 2014
Med's Done....
27-MAY-2013// RE-DO 03-JUNE-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAY-2015//SENT 12-JUNE-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-JUNE-2015 // SENT BACK 11-JULY-2015
LANDED..........
<3 16-JULY-2015 <3
Hey everyone hope u r all well and gearing up for the holiday.....well ECAS CHANGED TO IN PROCESSSSSSSSSS...... :p n im travelling tomr morning...beautiful xmas gifts so far.

Happy New years to all as well. GOD BLESS.

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
So amazing CdnandTrini,

All the best to you and yours. You all deserve it :)

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
Seasons Greetings to all and here's hoping 2014 will be happy and rewarding.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Merry Christmas and Happy new year to our POS friends.......Congrats to Brit_Edwards on going in process and safe travels on your flight! Hope you all hear good news in 2014

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MsRuby said:
Hi Cdnandtrini, yes things are coming along. We are in the "hot mess of a process" gathering evidence, and filling out forms. Our lawyer is on vacation until Jan 3rd so we are trying to gather everything to send to her office when she returns to work. It's not going to be normal holidays for us both. Hubby is driving down on Thursday, can't wait! : ) Fingers cross, we might be a late Janurary to early February applicant. I'll let you guys know when to add us on the spread sheet.
Hi MsRuby yes the gathering of the paperwork is a big job, you will feel so good once that application is sent off! Nice that you and hubby will be together so enjoy the time. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waitingonforever said:
Just wanted to stop by and wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!!!!
Bless
WOF
Hello WOF, thanks for the good wishes and the same back to you and the Jam Fam!! Hope you and the kids and hubby are doing well. Claiming 2014 to be your year of success and triumph with the immigration madness!!! :-* Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Zouk Princesse said:
Haha awesome landing story, I knew yours would be a fun read!!! So glad things worked out so well, now on to the next phase of life together! Great advice for others waiting on their reunion as well! It can be truly magical if you're realistic and take things one day at a time. For me, the years of separation definitely helped with picking my battles, knowing what's worth debating and what to just let go. Don't force it, just continue to grow together naturally and things will fall into place. Stress the "our" vs "my", let your newly landed loved one do things their way sometimes...even if you don't understand why they do it that way, at least it gets done!

On another note, Merry Christmas everyone!!!! Wishes for a Blessed season for you n all those you love!
Zouk!!! Nice to see you and thanks for the good wishes ;) Hope you and hubby are doing well. Ok the "let your newly landed loved one do things their way sometimes...even if you don't understand why they do it that way" advice? Also very good - we have a dishwasher and hubby insists on still washing every thing by hand!! :p So do I wonder why......YES!! Does it matter? No!!! I just smile and watch him putter in the kitchen. His backseat driving???? Not so much smiling at that one :p....lol. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
needhimback said:
what a beautiful landing story. I thought I was reading a love novel there for a moment ...lol
I cracked up so much about your hubby teeth chattering while you were having your big debate lol (something I would do too lol)

I'm very happy for you guys, I wish you the best in your marriage and respect the fact how you both held on through thick and thin - EXCELLENT!!!!!!

Have yourself a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (hope yall have power)
Hello needhimback and thank you for the kind words and wishes. Yes it was a mini-love novel and I already have lots more to write!! :D We were without power for a day but hubby is triumphing over the ice and snow.....the one thing is his hands seem to get really cold so when that happens he runs inside to warm up. :p Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Brit_Edwards said:
Hey everyone hope u r all well and gearing up for the holiday.....well ECAS CHANGED TO IN PROCESSSSSSSSSS...... :p n im travelling tomr morning...beautiful xmas gifts so far.

Happy New years to all as well. GOD BLESS.
WOW...Brit!!!! So exciting :D, you should have some good news in early 2014.......hope you are enjoying your time with hubby. You might still beat KIAB for fastest processing time :p....c'mon POS!! Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fromadistance said:
So amazing CdnandTrini,

All the best to you and yours. You all deserve it :)
Thanks FAD, nice to see you :D!! How are things with you, hubby and baby girl? How is hubby settling? Blessings.