+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

NatLey

Jul 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hubby is scheduled for the driver test October 1st.
If anyone is interested in buying the book (quebec driver's license), I will be selling it after for 15$ tax included. The book will be 2 weeks old, and librairies sell it for 20$ + tax.
Let me know and we will meet somewhere in Montreal.

Nathalie

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NatLey said:
Hubby is scheduled for the driver test October 1st.
If anyone is interested in buying the book (quebec driver's license), I will be selling it after for 15$ tax included. The book will be 2 weeks old, and librairies sell it for 20$ + tax.
Let me know and we will meet somewhere in Montreal.

Nathalie
Hi Nathalie, i could have gone for it if i was already there. I am still waiting for the final decision. Wish you guys a happy prosperous life.

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Hello POS, just jumping in to say hello.
cdguyana, if we were going to be interviewed I was going to be there as well. If they want to talk with you it will likely be seperate.
What I found back then readin through Canlii that it can be a double edged sword though, while being there demonstrates your comittment to your spouse you'll have to make sure your spouse knows all about you as thier questions can be based on where you live, work, family members, kids names, salary etc and compare your answers to his. Anyway the best of luck, we all know you guys will ace it

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
On our end, we are still waiting on the return of our passport. We sent them a letter and several emails explaining that my husband had a flight booked for Sep-22 so that he could be here in time to move into our new home, but apparently POS doesn't give a crap about people's lives and takes some sadistic pleasure in ruining them. Ecas has been updated to decision made since last Friday. There is absolutely no reason for them not to have returned the travel documents by now. Leave it to immigration to turn something that's supposed to be joyous into more stress and frustration. :'(

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zouk Princesse said:
On our end, we are still waiting on the return of our passport. We sent them a letter and several emails explaining that my husband had a flight booked for Sep-22 so that he could be here in time to move into our new home, but apparently POS doesn't give a crap about people's lives and takes some sadistic pleasure in ruining them. Ecas has been updated to decision made since last Friday. There is absolutely no reason for them not to have returned the travel documents by now. Leave it to immigration to turn something that's supposed to be joyous into more stress and frustration. :'(
Congrats Zouk princesse. Just give your self max 10days. Your passport will arrive. There is no stress and frustration in your case. Stress is for beginners . Just relax your mind .
have a splendid week end.

Borderline

Feb 28, 2012
Does applying for a pardon on your own without sponsorship takes longer? I heard it takes 6 months to a year is this true? Can anyone shed light on this?

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
@ Zouk - Did you get your pp back yet? Was hubby able to rebook his flight. Hope things are finally all coming together and sorry about the stress you were feeling last week with the delay :( In a couple days it will be all smiles !!

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
MissDominica said:
@ Zouk - Did you get your pp back yet? Was hubby able to rebook his flight. Hope things are finally all coming together and sorry about the stress you were feeling last week with the delay :( In a couple days it will be all smiles !!
Nope...it's not even in the dhl system yet. I sent them an urgent email last Thursday, they called my husband on Friday to "confirm his address" and said they were sending it out that day. Checked with dhl today, still no record, so obviously they didn't send it. I am so sick of that office and their blatant disrespect for people's lives. Instead of this being a happy time, it's been the most stressful. It's like they're purposely taunting us. We had to cancel the flight and now we're waiting until we at least see the pp on it's way before booking another one.
Thanks for checking in though :) How is your visit going?

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Aweeee :( Im so sorry to hear that. I actually cried when I read it... I'm an emotional wreck right now and I can imagine exactly how hard that would be after waiting so long for this moment and then having "the moment" dragged out in front of your eyes. That is TORTURE.

How did you know how to track it in DHL, did they give you the number when they called? I wonder if it's worth sending them another urgent CSE or email and just saying something like "Spoke to X on this date and was told our passport was being sent out the same day. Since there is no record of it, I want to make sure it has not been lost." or something.. just to remind them.. a nice way of being like "Do what you said you were gonna do.. now..." lol

My visit is going pretty good... only a few days left and I'm back to Canada for school stuff. It's gonna be REALLY hard to leave as this will be the last time we might see each other for 6-8 months or possibly even until he gets his visa (omg I hope he gets it). I've been going through insane paranoia that maybe we won't get the visa because we are not married and we are CL instead. We had leases, rent receipts, letters, joint bank acct, photos, etc but I'm afraid they will see that we will be apart for the last part of our processing and think the CL part of our relationship is no longer strong. It makes me think we should have had a little marriage ceremony just to "look better" for CIC, even though WE know that our CL is like a marriage to us.. but then I think.. if we did have that ceremony just to look good for CIC, I would be selling myself short as I would have to do it in DA and none of my family would be there, etc. All these fears are coming up and it's crazy! Anyway, not to trouble you with my issues when you are certainly going through a very hard time yourself.

Fingers crossed that it gets sent out tomorrow - keep us updated. We are rooting for you!

Zouk Princesse said:
Nope...it's not even in the dhl system yet. I sent them an urgent email last Thursday, they called my husband on Friday to "confirm his address" and said they were sending it out that day. Checked with dhl today, still no record, so obviously they didn't send it. I am so sick of that office and their blatant disrespect for people's lives. Instead of this being a happy time, it's been the most stressful. It's like they're purposely taunting us. We had to cancel the flight and now we're waiting until we at least see the pp on it's way before booking another one.
Thanks for checking in though :) How is your visit going?

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
MissDominica said:
Aweeee :( Im so sorry to hear that. I actually cried when I read it... I'm an emotional wreck right now and I can imagine exactly how hard that would be after waiting so long for this moment and then having "the moment" dragged out in front of your eyes. That is TORTURE.

How did you know how to track it in DHL, did they give you the number when they called? I wonder if it's worth sending them another urgent CSE or email and just saying something like "Spoke to X on this date and was told our passport was being sent out the same day. Since there is no record of it, I want to make sure it has not been lost." or something.. just to remind them.. a nice way of being like "Do what you said you were gonna do.. now..." lol

My visit is going pretty good... only a few days left and I'm back to Canada for school stuff. It's gonna be REALLY hard to leave as this will be the last time we might see each other for 6-8 months or possibly even until he gets his visa (omg I hope he gets it). I've been going through insane paranoia that maybe we won't get the visa because we are not married and we are CL instead. We had leases, rent receipts, letters, joint bank acct, photos, etc but I'm afraid they will see that we will be apart for the last part of our processing and think the CL part of our relationship is no longer strong. It makes me think we should have had a little marriage ceremony just to "look better" for CIC, even though WE know that our CL is like a marriage to us.. but then I think.. if we did have that ceremony just to look good for CIC, I would be selling myself short as I would have to do it in DA and none of my family would be there, etc. All these fears are coming up and it's crazy! Anyway, not to trouble you with my issues when you are certainly going through a very hard time yourself.

Fingers crossed that it gets sent out tomorrow - keep us updated. We are rooting for you!
:( awwww...don't cry, we'll get through it. We have sent them two emails today, one this morning and one this afternoon, but of course they didn't reply. We are able to track with dhl because when you send in your passport, you have to include a prepaid return envelope, so you'd have the tracking number with you. I know it probably seems like we're just being bratty, should just be happy we got approved but, it's been a really trying time and we just can't take any more, it's been one thing after another. From them snail mailing the PPR which delayed us a whole month, to requesting an un-necessary PC for Dca, to updating Ecas fully to decision made, home address and everything and then not returning the pp for over a week after that, and now calling to say they will and then not doing it. It's like they're trying to see how much two people can take. Now my husband won't be here to get the keys to our first home, and who knows if he'll make it for our anniversary. I am thoroughly disgusted with that office, I really hope they treat you better than they've treated us!

Don't fret about your case...CL cases have been processed successfully and in good time before! It sounds like you sent in a pretty complete package. I understand where you're coming from not wanting to do a "CIC marriage", it's a choice lots of people have to make and you know what's best. CIC passes judgement on relationships based on their stereotypical standards, I.e. if you have a textbook relationship, you get through no problem. So sometimes it's a choice between staying true to yourselves and risking CIC probing or "selling out" to create the picture they want to see and feel more secure. Either way, it's a choice, and no one knows how they'll view your application, what the VO will be thinking, so just sending in the best representation of your case is the only thing we really have control over.

I will definitely keep you posted, still keeping my fingers crossed n trying to breathe. Having some "whooo sahhhhh" moments :)

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please do some one know the exact number of times a permanent residence applicant can change contact address?. Hope to read from you guys.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
I may have missed this post awhile back.. but why did they request a DA police check? Did you send one in with the original application? I guess I'll be needed to get a second one for us as well later on. So annoying.

I don't think you're being bratty at all. Obviously you ARE happy that you have finally been approved but to be approved and then toyed with for weeks-months is terrible. You get that high and excitement that it finally happened and then the let-down of waiting for them to pull it together so you can get your "prize." I get it. You're not bratty. I would be the same way. Whooo sahhh moments made me LOL.

Yes, do keep me informed. When is your anniversary? I'll be hoping really hard for u that he gets there in time! *hugs*

Zouk Princesse said:
:( awwww...don't cry, we'll get through it. We have sent them two emails today, one this morning and one this afternoon, but of course they didn't reply. We are able to track with dhl because when you send in your passport, you have to include a prepaid return envelope, so you'd have the tracking number with you. I know it probably seems like we're just being bratty, should just be happy we got approved but, it's been a really trying time and we just can't take any more, it's been one thing after another. From them snail mailing the PPR which delayed us a whole month, to requesting an un-necessary PC for Dca, to updating Ecas fully to decision made, home address and everything and then not returning the pp for over a week after that, and now calling to say they will and then not doing it. It's like they're trying to see how much two people can take. Now my husband won't be here to get the keys to our first home, and who knows if he'll make it for our anniversary. I am thoroughly disgusted with that office, I really hope they treat you better than they've treated us!

Don't fret about your case...CL cases have been processed successfully and in good time before! It sounds like you sent in a pretty complete package. I understand where you're coming from not wanting to do a "CIC marriage", it's a choice lots of people have to make and you know what's best. CIC passes judgement on relationships based on their stereotypical standards, I.e. if you have a textbook relationship, you get through no problem. So sometimes it's a choice between staying true to yourselves and risking CIC probing or "selling out" to create the picture they want to see and feel more secure. Either way, it's a choice, and no one knows how they'll view your application, what the VO will be thinking, so just sending in the best representation of your case is the only thing we really have control over.

I will definitely keep you posted, still keeping my fingers crossed n trying to breathe. Having some "whooo sahhhhh" moments :)

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
quebecboy said:
Please do some one know the exact number of times a permanent residence applicant can change contact address?. Hope to read from you guys.
I do not think there is a "limit" as to how many times one can move or change their address. Although, I would be nervous that CIC would mail me something and I might not get it if I had updated too many times (ie. they mail something, contact address changes while it is in the mail, VO wouldn't notice, you might not get your mail).

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
MissDominica said:
I may have missed this post awhile back.. but why did they request a DA police check? Did you send one in with the original application? I guess I'll be needed to get a second one for us as well later on. So annoying.

I don't think you're being bratty at all. Obviously you ARE happy that you have finally been approved but to be approved and then toyed with for weeks-months is terrible. You get that high and excitement that it finally happened and then the let-down of waiting for them to pull it together so you can get your "prize." I get it. You're not bratty. I would be the same way. Whooo sahhh moments made me LOL.

Yes, do keep me informed. When is your anniversary? I'll be hoping really hard for u that he gets there in time! *hugs*
:) thanks so much for your support. It means a lot to know that someone else gets it :) Our anniversary is this Sunday.
The package finally left Trinidad this afternoon. I'll keep you posted when it arrives. I'm just hoping it doesn't arrive missing the passport, they've done that before.

They requested the Dca PC, not sure why. We hadn't send one in originally, but that's because my husband never lived there over the age of 18. I read on here they requested the same from someone else, so I suspect they're just asking everyone. Since you already submitted, you should be fine :) Worse case scenario, you can get another one in a day or two.

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.