AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Really do not know which is better in or out. According to CICtimes it is 10 months step 1 and 8 step 2 for inland and 70 days and 15 months for POS. Is it really 15 months for POS now? Inland can apply for OWP after AIP but with outland you can appeal. Any thoughts?

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Nigea said:
Really do not know which is better in or out. According to CICtimes it is 10 months step 1 and 8 step 2 for inland and 70 days and 15 months for POS. Is it really 15 months for POS now? Inland can apply for OWP after AIP but with outland you can appeal. Any thoughts?
It's hard to say how long POS takes now... I would say average is about 8-10 months instead of 15, but some have even gone longer than 15.. so you never know.

You could apply "outland" and she could still apply for an extension to stay in Canada - it is kind of the best of both worlds if it works out. She does not have to leave Canada to apply outland, so you still get the faster processing times and the chance she can stay with you. However, if you need an interview, she will have to go back to her home country for it (she would need to leave Canada for the interview and may not be let back in until PR is finalized). Also, whether you apply inland or outland, she has applied status (ie. can stay in Canada) ONLY until they tell her whether she can stay. If, for example, they said she could not extend her 6 months and stay, then she would have to leave regardless of what route you chose... so considering the risks in THAT light, I would choose outland and ask for an extension, showing that you are in the PROCESS of a Pr application (send proof of applying). Explain that she had arrived before the new restrictions were put in place and would like to stay with you during the process (proove that you can support her during that process). That's my advice. However, as you said, she would not be able to work or anything while there.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
***implied status*** not applied.. ???

Morlon

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, On
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-27-2012
AOR Received.
July-29-1012
Interview........
November 27-2012
I msg POS yesterday

Okay, good day guys, I msg POS yesterday. Msg and respond as follow.

What I wrote yesterday;

Hello, I'm writing in regards to my wife application, I was wondering if the package had made it safely. Last I've heard it was sent to you guys in june 29 2012. Any ifo would be appreciate. Thankyou

Answer;

The package has been received and a Port of Spain file has been created. Please note file number above.

This file is now in queue for review. Once the preliminary review is completed you/your spouse will be advised on the next step(s) in processing.

Regards,

Immigration Section/Service de L'immigration
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box/C.P. 565
3-3A Sweet Briar Road, St. Clair
Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Miss Dominica
Do you send the application for extension in with the PR or separately

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please Morlon, could you give me the email address you used and got a reply from visa office Port of Spain?. I have never received a reply from them . I think may be i use the wrong email address. Please Morlon, type the email address you used .
thanks.

Morlon

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, On
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-27-2012
AOR Received.
July-29-1012
Interview........
November 27-2012
pspan-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

That's the email above, but fair not. Maybe u didn't hear from them yet cause a second decision hasn't been made. I thought I gave the wrong email too. Just review your copies of your package and see if thre email u sent is right.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Re: I msg POS yesterday

Morlon said:
Okay, good day guys, I msg POS yesterday. Msg and respond as follow.

What I wrote yesterday;

Hello, I'm writing in regards to my wife application, I was wondering if the package had made it safely. Last I've heard it was sent to you guys in june 29 2012. Any ifo would be appreciate. Thankyou

Answer;

The package has been received and a Port of Spain file has been created. Please note file number above.

This file is now in queue for review. Once the preliminary review is completed you/your spouse will be advised on the next step(s) in processing.

Regards,

Immigration Section/Service de L'immigration
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box/C.P. 565
3-3A Sweet Briar Road, St. Clair
Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago
That's great! At least you know it's undergoing some form of processing. We are still waiting on the return of my husband's passport. It's coming up on 3 weeks since we sent it in.

quebecboy said:
Please Morlon, could you give me the email address you used and got a reply from visa office Port of Spain?. I have never received a reply from them . I think may be i use the wrong email address. Please Morlon, type the email address you used .
thanks.
POS replies really when they feel like it. They do for sure receive all the CSEs we send in, they just reply at their discretion. Mostly if they've messed up (e.g. Never sent AOR) or if they need something from you. Apart from that, they pretty much ignore us.

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2011 & 27-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012 (2nd medical redo)
Med's Done....
06-06-2010 and 09-03-2012
Interview........
08-03-2012 Positive
Passport Req..
18-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
Hey Everyone,

@Nigea I think i'll always prefer outland sponsorship as it is faster. If you are in Canada on a visa you can always apply to extend the visa while filing an outland application. With inland sponsorship, you cannot travel out of Canada as you can risk your file being denied *correct me if am wrong*.

@Morlon Excellent response but it's just more waiting time. That's the hardest part about this process. POS receives all inquiries but if it's not "urgent" then they don't bother to respond. If they'd update us applicants in a timely manner then we won't have to email. That's something POS has to think about.....Smdh!

@ Zouk Princesse In order for them to send out your passport you can send a CSE saying that your travel plans are nearing and you would like to know when you will be receiving your pp. That should alert them to mail it off. Sometimes they need that push in order to bring things to their attention and get things done.

Wishing everyone a blessed weekend.

Blessings always.....xxx

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for responding. I just have to be patient.

Morlon

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, On
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-27-2012
AOR Received.
July-29-1012
Interview........
November 27-2012
quebecboy said:
Thanks for responding. I just have to be patient.
Yes, only a matter of time now.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Admirable said:
@ Zouk Princesse In order for them to send out your passport you can send a CSE saying that your travel plans are nearing and you would like to know when you will be receiving your pp. That should alert them to mail it off. Sometimes they need that push in order to bring things to their attention and get things done.

Wishing everyone a blessed weekend.

Blessings always.....xxx
Yup. When we returned the passport we included a copy of my husband's travel plans, so they know full well that we need it back. But...I did send off another CSE last night saying just that, so let's see what happens

NatLey

Jul 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

so hubby landed, and everything was fine at Toronto airport, basically took 25min to get everything done. We got sin # and health card done yesterday, so now he can go and look for a job.

As he says: " the feeling to be here, permanently, not having to leave before 6 months, is incredible". He cant believe he has the same right as me (except voting) now :)

If anybody is doubting to apply outland vs inland, I guess it is a personal choice. You all know the other person personally (the one who has to wait), so your decision should come easy. My marriage and my black man sanity would have been put to test very hard if we had apply inland. Having
At some point we were regretting to have apply outland but not anymore. For us, having him sit in the house waiting almost a year for the work permit was too much.
We had a small courtship (as written in the caips/gms note) but everything we wrote in our application was supported by pictures, receipts, phone bills. When we received beginning of august the request for the photocopy of his passport, I knew we were good and the end was close. When they requested that, we were inside of 6 months receiving our file by CIC. He landed inside of 7 months processing.

* Hubby from Barbados (if you want to update the spreadsheet)

Have a good weekend,

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Nigea said:
Miss Dominica
Do you send the application for extension in with the PR or separately
It is separate. You will have to look up on the CIC website on how to apply for an extension. When you mail in (or whatever the process is) for the extension, make sure you include proof of your PR application. Like "I am requesting an extension for my husband/wife to stay in Canada with me for X amount of time. I am requesting this so that I can spend time with my husband/wife while our application for Permanent Residence is being processed. I understand that when our extension is up, my husband/wife will have to leave Canada even if my PR has not been processed yet. Here is proof of my PR application (send receipt, photocopy, whatever you have)"

Something like that. Do not send it together with your PR (you may send a copy of your extension as part of your PR if you want to prove your relationship or something, but do not send them together in the same package - it is a completely different process)

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Thanks MissDominica

You are from a country that needs a visa. Do you think they treat those countries differently and make it a longer period of processing? Some people seem to be getting it done in 9 months total.