+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLO verified for DIRECT HIRING

confused AB

May 11, 2010
Need Advice for my friend in the Philippines,

Got a job offer ( Contract ) and a positive LMO (DIRECT HIRE)
What is the Procedure:
Where to submit her application for a work permit?
Next how about in transaction with POEA....... and also the PDOS seminar?
Does she still need a POLO verified eventhough she's in a direct hire...
Hope you can help my friend the procedure in applying for her work permit in canadian embassy manila CEM.

forbearance

May 16, 2010
hi!! everything is in the website..all the application forms are there and all the requirements..just complete everything,including the managers checque that you need to get from a bank as visa fee..then you have to call the embassy call center to arrange for pick up of the docs..then wait for the medical instructions,after the completion of medical, wait again for the approval of visa..then go to POEA for the OEC and PDOS..from what i heard there is no need for POLO verification anymore,just a letter from the employer..
hope this helps...

confused AB

May 11, 2010
forbearance said:
hi!! everything is in the website..all the application forms are there and all the requirements..just complete everything,including the managers checque that you need to get from a bank as visa fee..then you have to call the embassy call center to arrange for pick up of the docs..then wait for the medical instructions,after the completion of medical, wait again for the approval of visa..then go to POEA for the OEC and PDOS..from what i heard there is no need for POLO verification anymore,just a letter from the employer..
hope this helps...
thanks forbearance,
did you do the same procedure?
are you in canada now? what city?
again maraming salamat po!

forbearance

May 16, 2010
i did the same things except that in feb of 2009,we were still required to have that POLO verification thing..i have a relative who's waiting for his visa too that's why i recently learned that there's no polo anymore...and that's a good thing coz POLO just delays everything....

i'm here in edmonton...and you?

stussy

Jun 7, 2010
Hi Confused AB,

If it would help, I just got my work Visa last month but when I submitted the requirements, along with contract, LMO and VISA payment, I didnt go thru POEA anymore. As long as your friend has all the requirements listed on the checkkist. But now I have to submit everything to POEA before I leave :)

confused AB

May 11, 2010
thanks forbearance

and stussy just give us an update once you proceed and submit your documents to the POEA for you OEC
so that we will know their procedure, thanks!

BETHCHAY

Jun 25, 2010
TAIWAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Taipei City Taiwan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
02-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-05-2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2010
LANDED..........
I don't know yet maybe November
forbearance:

They required now at the POEA if you exit at the Philippines the verified contract which is my problem too ,because my contract is almost expired date so my employer will extend first then go to POLO for verification or as will as to registered the contract in POLO. can you give me the website that you said.?thanks

Bethchay of
Taiwan

BETHCHAY

Jun 25, 2010
TAIWAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Taipei City Taiwan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
02-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-05-2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2010
LANDED..........
I don't know yet maybe November
TRY TO CALL THIS # +63-2-722-11-60 NAME HIRED INFORMATION! GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND TO ALL OF US.

stussy

Jun 7, 2010
Sorry. It took me a long time to go online again. The POEA will actually give you instructions on how to obtain POLO. You actually need a form from the because of the "Addendum" that your employer needs to sign, when they go to POLO Canada to have your contract verified. It was actually a fast process because now, POEA doesnt really wait for the employee to get the verified contract. POLO Canada will just email POEA and you can already proceed with the processing of papers to get your exit clearance. Here's the steps that I went through:

1. POEA - have your papers reviewed and will give you instructions for POLO verification and PDOS Endorsement. (Bring original and 1 set of photocopy of LMO, Contract, Passport and Visa). They will inform you of the requirements that you need to complete
2. PDOS - Have your PDOS scheduled with POEA. They'll give you a cert for this (half day training).
3. OWWA - Have your training (Language Assesment and Stress Management) scheduled. Its also PDOS but this is a different seminar. If you're lucky like I was, you will be allowed to attend the seminar on the same day (half day and usually starts at 10:30 AM) so its better if you go there early. You have to fill out a form that they'll be giving you before they give you a sched. Bring photocopy of LMO, Contract, POLO email and PDOS Cert from POEA.
4. POEA - submit original and photocopies of 2 PDOS Cert and the POLO email. (You will get this from POEA as well). Wait for your papers to be verified and you can already pay Processing Fee.Once you're paid, they'll give the exit clearance :)

Good luck to everyone :) Thanks!

confused AB

May 11, 2010
stussy said:
Sorry. It took me a long time to go online again. The POEA will actually give you instructions on how to obtain POLO. You actually need a form from the because of the "Addendum" that your employer needs to sign, when they go to POLO Canada to have your contract verified. It was actually a fast process because now, POEA doesnt really wait for the employee to get the verified contract. POLO Canada will just email POEA and you can already proceed with the processing of papers to get your exit clearance. Here's the steps that I went through:

1. POEA - have your papers reviewed and will give you instructions for POLO verification and PDOS Endorsement. (Bring original and 1 set of photocopy of LMO, Contract, Passport and Visa). They will inform you of the requirements that you need to complete
2. PDOS - Have your PDOS scheduled with POEA. They'll give you a cert for this (half day training).
3. OWWA - Have your training (Language Assesment and Stress Management) scheduled. Its also PDOS but this is a different seminar. If you're lucky like I was, you will be allowed to attend the seminar on the same day (half day and usually starts at 10:30 AM) so its better if you go there early. You have to fill out a form that they'll be giving you before they give you a sched. Bring photocopy of LMO, Contract, POLO email and PDOS Cert from POEA.
4. POEA - submit original and photocopies of 2 PDOS Cert and the POLO email. (You will get this from POEA as well). Wait for your papers to be verified and you can already pay Processing Fee.Once you're paid, they'll give the exit clearance :)

Good luck to everyone :) Thanks!
STUSSYM THANK YOU VERY MUCH. THAT WAS A GREAT HELP FOR MY FRIENDS IN THE PHILIPPINES.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@onfuseAB and forbearance -where are you in Alberta, forberance i am from Edmonton too!

eshay

Aug 1, 2010
hello there
i just want to share my sad experience about POLO. I got my visa and letter of approval, attended all the seminars required but because of another papers except from the addendum that the POLO is asking to my employer all ends in nothing...my employer backed out her job offer to me and looked for another one who is already in Canada, reason is due to long period of waiting for the processing and another documents POLO is asking again and again... I can do nothing but cry.. :-[

smiling face

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 12, 2010
Nomination.....
September 8, 2010
AOR Received.
November 2, 2010
Med's Request
May 9, 2011
Med's Done....
May 19, 2011 and May 26, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
forbearance said:
hope this helps...

confused AB

May 11, 2010
confused AB said:
Need Advice for my friend in the Philippines,

Got a job offer ( Contract ) and a positive LMO (DIRECT HIRE)
What is the Procedure:
Where to submit her application for a work permit?
Next how about in transaction with POEA....... and also the PDOS seminar?
Does she still need a POLO verified eventhough she's in a direct hire...
Hope you can help my friend the procedure in applying for her work permit in canadian embassy manila CEM.

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
You need to complain to the governing authority in the Philippines to have POLO cancelled in foreign countries.