+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLO verified for DIRECT HIRING

Pitat

Sep 28, 2010
stussy said:
Sorry. It took me a long time to go online again. The POEA will actually give you instructions on how to obtain POLO. You actually need a form from the because of the "Addendum" that your employer needs to sign, when they go to POLO Canada to have your contract verified. It was actually a fast process because now, POEA doesnt really wait for the employee to get the verified contract. POLO Canada will just email POEA and you can already proceed with the processing of papers to get your exit clearance. Here's the steps that I went through:

1. POEA - have your papers reviewed and will give you instructions for POLO verification and PDOS Endorsement. (Bring original and 1 set of photocopy of LMO, Contract, Passport and Visa). They will inform you of the requirements that you need to complete
2. PDOS - Have your PDOS scheduled with POEA. They'll give you a cert for this (half day training).
3. OWWA - Have your training (Language Assesment and Stress Management) scheduled. Its also PDOS but this is a different seminar. If you're lucky like I was, you will be allowed to attend the seminar on the same day (half day and usually starts at 10:30 AM) so its better if you go there early. You have to fill out a form that they'll be giving you before they give you a sched. Bring photocopy of LMO, Contract, POLO email and PDOS Cert from POEA.
4. POEA - submit original and photocopies of 2 PDOS Cert and the POLO email. (You will get this from POEA as well). Wait for your papers to be verified and you can already pay Processing Fee.Once you're paid, they'll give the exit clearance :)

Good luck to everyone :) Thanks!
Hello stussy & to everyone who has an idea 'bout my problem. I'm w8ting for my visa, hopefully this month or early nov., God willing. I'm worried 'bout this POLO thing because my LMO & contract almost expire this month. Do i need to ask my employer a new LMO & contract? Pls., pls.. reply! Big thanks!

Pitat

Sep 28, 2010
Hello stussy & to everyone who has an idea 'bout my problem. It's my first time here, hoping to find answer to my query. I'm w8ting for my visa, hopefully this month or early nov., God willing. I'm worried 'bout this POLO thing because my LMO & contract almost expire this month. Do i need to ask my employer a new LMO & contract? Pls., pls.. reply! Big thanks!

Guess1234

Oct 18, 2010
Re: POLO verification still waiting for DIRECT HIRING

Hi,

How long does it takes for the POLO Office to process for the Verification of Contract. Its already been taking so long. Does this site directs to POLO, do they have email to contact them?

prettyple

May 18, 2012
hi im newbie here.... i got my visa last may 10,2012... i attended pdos already... im directly hired w/ my employer.. but agency here proccessed all my documents.. my agent didn't told me about the polo permit... i was suprised when i attended pdos, all of us has no difinite date of leaving,,, and it told me it takes months to get that permit... since i was directly hired w/ my employer, is it possible not to get that polo permit anymore.. thanks for your reply... i nid to go badly, becauase i have loan to pay....

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
prettyple said:
hi im newbie here.... i got my visa last may 10,2012... i attended pdos already... im directly hired w/ my employer.. but agency here proccessed all my documents.. my agent didn't told me about the polo permit... i was suprised when i attended pdos, all of us has no difinite date of leaving,,, and it told me it takes months to get that permit... since i was directly hired w/ my employer, is it possible not to get that polo permit anymore.. thanks for your reply... i nid to go badly, becauase i have loan to pay....
If your not under LCP you don't need POLO verification. You can check this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/poea-is-there-still-need-a-polo-verification-to-get-oec-t52946.15.html . Hope it helps.

prettyple

May 18, 2012
i think kelangan talaga... anyway nag-update na ung brother-inlaw ko na nagwowork na dun.... inaasikaso na daw ng employer namin... sana asap na... tnx...

netchie25

May 27, 2012
Laguna
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect time..
hi prettyle.. ano work mo dun.. i think we have the same problem.. ano ba agency ngprocess ng papers mo... im still waiting din kasi ng POLO verification which is it take months daw to approve..

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
Hi everyone

Regarding to your concern about POLO. I emailed the Philippine Embassy in Canada just before I process my papers in LVO about the POLO verification. and they told me that the applicant which is under the LCP need to have POLO verification. As of now, I don't have it yet because Im still waiting for my medical request and visa approval. Well hopefully, I will received those soon, so that I can process my POLO and ask my employer to submit it in Canada. :)

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
MKK said:
Guys...What is POLO verification does it applys for Indian also..?
Hi MMK,

POLO is only for Filipinos. This verification is needed when applying work permit in Canada. :)

MKK

May 31, 2012
Thanks Eurogirl,But heard these days not much employers are ready to hire under LMO due to global economic instability, is it correct..?

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
MKK said:
Thanks Eurogirl,But heard these days not much employers are ready to hire under LMO due to global economic instability, is it correct..?
Hmm, Did you mean LCP (Live In Caregiver PROGRAM) well, these issue is always an issue. a lot of employers can't hire foreign workers because of global economic instability, but of course, there's still some employers, who wants to have FW although they will get a tough time to get the LMO and other documents needed to hire FW.

And I think most of the Filipino applicants, is hired by their own relatives in Canada, who helped them to have worked there. :) but in my case. I'm direct hire, and I'm the one who found my employer. :)

Are you working in Canada? Or planning to work there?

MKK

May 31, 2012
Actually i am in India, planning to go to canada with work permit or PR, also my relative is in Canada.
I am waiting for july to check policy changes and change in NOC if any. lets see.