+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police verification procedure:

gops75

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen and stayed in the UK and USA for more than a year (each), and would like to know if the CIC will ask for police verification for each of those stays. Per procedures described in the CIC website, I may be asked for PCC as the period exceeded 6 months stay.

So, I would like to know if I have to go for the Federal certificate (for the USA) or State Police verification process -- for the USA.

Please enlighten me with more details or links to get to know the procedure.

Thanks and Regards,
GV

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you are applying to immigrate, then you will have to provide PCCs for both the US and UK. For the US, you will need to provide the FBI cert.

gops75

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Thanks for the reply, scylla.

Yes, I am going to get both the PCCs as well as one from India.

I am kinda confused with the fingerprinting procedure for the FBI verification. Can I get those fingerprints by myself and send them or should I get it from an agency here locally and send them? Also I have seen couple of previous inquiries about the ORI field and reference id. Anybody knows what to do in case of self fingerprinting option? I guess, I can leave those fields as N/A.

Regards,
GV

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For verification purposes, you cannot take your own fingerprints. The technician will need to verify your identity. If it was possible to do it yourself, how would the FBI even know that the prints on the cards are really yours?

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/faqs

5. Where can I get my fingerprints taken?

If submitting directly to the FBI, your local, county, or state law enforcement agencies may take your fingerprints for a fee. Also, some printing companies offer this service; check the yellow pages in your telephone book or search online.

gops75

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Hi Ponga,

Thanks for the information.

I am from India. We don't have any such services entertained by the law enforcement / police stations. They do their own fingerprint verification only for their purposes. Also no clue about other printing agencies. I contacted via email one such agency -- JK agency but have not received any responses yet.

Also, I went through the link you provided, but did not find any explicit mentions on self fingerprinting restrictions.

Regards,
GV

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should contact the FBI directly to find out for sure, but AFAIK fingerprints must be taken by a professional that will confirm your identity via your photo ID.

Here's another [unofficial] site that corroborates this:
http://www.canada-city.ca/canada-immigration/posting.php?messageid=4850

STEP ONE - HAVE A FULL SET OF FINGERPRINTS TAKEN BY A RECOGNIZED AGENCY:

Fingerprints for U.S. record checks should be taken on the FBI FINGERPRINT FORM. Do not contact any FBI office regarding fingerprinting. A Fingerprint Form can be obtained by requesting one by mail from the FBI at the address listed below.

Fingerprints can usually be taken in the U.S. by a LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT. Persons MAY also be fingerprinted at a regional office of the DEPT. OF MOTOR VEHICLES, or from a private organization engaged in the fingerprinting business. The applicant should always specify when making a fingerprinting request that it is required for Canadian immigration purposes.

Applicants appearing for fingerprinting will also need PHOTO IDENTIFICATION, such as a passport. They should also be prepared to provide fingerprinting agents with details including full name, maiden name, any aliases, date of birth, sex, race, social security number, proof of identity, and the reason for requesting fingerprinting (Canadian immigration purposes).

smazharali

Feb 26, 2016
Re: Police verification

Hi all
Please any one can help me regarding the PCC from India.
I just got my LMIA from the employer. I was working on PGWP that was expired on 20 dec 2015.
When my employer applied for the LMIA. I applied for work permit but my work permit is still in processing.
I have applied for the CEC immigration by EE.
when I call CIC they says that the work permit will be process in two month. I need my PCC for my immigration and PR.
which I guess indian government not issued without the valid work permit and visa.
I don't have that so how can I get my PCC or I have to wait until I got my WP.

kindly help me

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
gops75 said:
Hi Ponga,

Thanks for the information.

I am from India. We don't have any such services entertained by the law enforcement / police stations. They do their own fingerprint verification only for their purposes. Also no clue about other printing agencies. I contacted via email one such agency -- JK agency but have not received any responses yet.

Also, I went through the link you provided, but did not find any explicit mentions on self fingerprinting restrictions.

Regards,
GV
There are 2 agencies in ND that can do the fingerprints for FBI.

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/mobile//service/other-citizen-services/fingerprinting.html