+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance from Sharjah

freedom24x7

Jun 1, 2009
Nope. Don't have anything except the stamped visa on my passport. I have my UAE driving licence which I scanned and sent by e-mail to my relative. Let's see if it helps.

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
Driving license will not help them determine whether you lived in Sharjah, but seriouly it is retarded why can't they just check their system, any criminal is centralised so what difference does it make whether you lived in Sharjah or Abu dhabi etc.

Is your visa from Sharjah or was it a dubai visa??

Jun 17, 2009
Dear friends,

Please let me know the following-

1. I live in Kuwait and was living in sharjah (with visa from sharjah ) in year 1994-95, please advice me if I any one has obtained PCC from UAE Embassy/Consulate in Kuwait and if yes, what are the documents I need to take with me.

2. I live in Kuwait and was living in sharjah (with visa from sharjah ) in year 1994-95, please advice me if I can go personally to Sharjah and get PCC and if yes, what are the documents I need to take with me.

Regards,
ashish

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Yes you can go personally and that will be much easier, UAE embassy doesn't issue police report, go to CIC website and look for instruction for getting PCC from Sharjah.

Its little long process if you tell someone to get for you. You need to get fingerprinted in Kuwait, then verify them in Kuwait by some ministry of foreign affairs, then send them to the UAE embassy, they verify it then you send those fingerprints along with the fee and forms to Sharjah, then they will take 15 days to give the PCC.

If you go on your own, then you don't need all this, just go to Police HQ in Sharjah and get fingerprinted and get the PCC.

freedom24x7

Jun 1, 2009
Well, guys, received a call from my relative today. Bad news. Sharjah police said that they only issue PCC to those people who are presently Sharjah with a valid visa. Any suggestions what to do ? What if CHC rejects my application because of this ? Comments are welcome.

CHINNU

Mar 29, 2009
Sharjah
Local Requests
You should submit a copy of your passport and a copy of the residence visa, two photographs and the applicable fees to:
Sharjah Police
P.O. Box 29
Sharjah, UAE
Telephone: 06-563-1111
Non-Resident Requests
You should submit a set of fingerprints certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE embassy in the country where the applicant is currently residing, a copy of your passport, a copy of the cancelled residence visa and the applicable fees. The application may be sent by courier with a pre-paid airway-bill.Other Emirates (Umm Al Quain, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, and Fujairah):

You should inquire at the local police department.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-police-clearance.html

hi Try this so that u can get a replay from Sharjah Police

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Chinnu is correct, they cannot say that - they issue PCC for people living outside UAE, I know someone who did this recently and the procedure explained by Chinnu is correct.

ynnoh18

Jul 1, 2009
hi freedom24 i just want to ask what happen now to your police clearance in sharjaih did you get one? please answer back what did you do?

freedom24x7

Jun 1, 2009
Well, friends, it seems as if my journey has ended prematurely. CHC has denied visa on grounds of non-submission of PCC from UAE. I had written to them that as my stay in the UAE was quite old, the UAE authorities could not find my records in their system and hence they were reluctant to issue any PCC to me. So now what can I do ? Any suggestions ? Can I approach them again and try to explain ? Can I take any legal approach ? Can I try again by re-applying under new rules ? After this long wait of more than 6 years, I can see nothing but darkness in front of me.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
freedom24x7 said:
Well, friends, it seems as if my journey has ended prematurely. CHC has denied visa on grounds of non-submission of PCC from UAE. I had written to them that as my stay in the UAE was quite old, the UAE authorities could not find my records in their system and hence they were reluctant to issue any PCC to me. So now what can I do ? Any suggestions ? Can I approach them again and try to explain ? Can I take any legal approach ? Can I try again by re-applying under new rules ? After this long wait of more than 6 years, I can see nothing but darkness in front of me.
One step too slow - sorry to hear that but you should acted faster. It is highly unlikely that they will open your case again once rejected. You can apply under new rules. If you had a proof that Sharjah won't give the PCC to you then you may have a chance, but you don't have that either.

Sorry, you need to apply again, you acted on this too slow and they ususally gives 90 to 120 days and they can extend this also if you ask.

jphilip2

Jul 4, 2015
I need a police clearance for my Father who was in Sharjah at 1980-1982.Can some one explains how to get PCC for him as there was no emirates ID card nor any finger prints in that particular period of time