+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance from Sharjah

freedom24x7

Jun 1, 2009
Hello everybody,

I was asked by CHC to submit PCC, for me and my wife, from UAE where I had been for approx. 7 years. I already have my fingerprinting done and attested by the UAE consulate in Mumbai (I am based in Surat). I had a few queries which I hope may be answered here;

1. What are the fees for the PCC ? Is it US$ 35/- per application ?
2. On whose name do I have to draw the DD ?
3. Which dept. do I address the envelope ?
4. When can I expect to receive the PCC from Sharjah ?
5. Is any follow-up allowed with the Sharjah Police ? If yes, how ?

Thanks in advance.

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
it's 150 AED each in Cash.

You will have to go to the main police headquarter in Dubai if your visa is from Dubai, or Main Headquarter in Sharjah if your visa is from Sharjah.

2 or 4 Passport size photographs,

it takes 2-4 working days

you need to atke the orignal passport, along with copies of the main page and the visa.

Oh and you have to get the form from the Police Headquarter and get it types in english and arabic from a typing centre.

Kind Regards,

Alice In Chains.

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
Shit your not in the UAE are you?

Well that's the process if your here in Dubai, but really have no clue. I guess your best bet is to call and ask them what the procedure is.

But you may have to come here or ask a friend or relative to do this for you, Most of the cops here don't even speak english..

freedom24x7

Jun 1, 2009
Thanks for the reply, Alice.

No, I am not in the UAE anymore. I left in 1996. Any idea on whose name do I draw the DD ?

freedom24x7

Jun 1, 2009
OK. I got it. I called the Sharjah Police directly and they informed me that they do not accept applications by mail. You have to ask a friend or relative to submit them personally. The fees are Dhs. 70/- per application. PCC takes about 7 days. Keeping my fingers crossed.

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
Good Luck.

2 things, finger prints how will you provide them,

2 they need to see the orignal passport and your visa that you were on during this period.

Kind Regards,

Alice.

freedom24x7

Jun 1, 2009
I have already had my fingerprints taken by Mumbai Police HQ, notarised, attested by Home Dept. Mantralaya and attested by UAE consulate in Mumbai. I have sent the originals to UAE for the PCC.

Are you sure about original passport requirement ? The officer to whom I spoke told me that he required only passport copies and valid visa page.

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
Well if he said copies will work, then I guess it is fine, i know that when you have to go in person they ask for the orignal passport and visa.

But since you have everything notarised by the proper authorities then I don't think you should face any problems.

Kind regards,

Amin.

freedom24x7

Jun 1, 2009
New Problem !!

My documents reached Sharjah safely. My relative took all docs to the Police Authorities for submission. Guess what they told him ? They said that they have no records of my having worked in Sharjah in their computers. He showed them my visa stamping .. they admitted that everything was in order but they could not find any records that I was in Sharjah.

Any expert comments please ? Is it possible that they did not have computerised records between 1989 and 1996 ? What could be the problem ?

CHINNU

Mar 29, 2009
3 year back I requested for pcc from Sharjah police and they don’t have my details in police headquarter’s system, even Iam in sharjah that time , then the officer write a note in a piece of paper and his office phone extension no. he told me go to Sharjah Naturalisation and Residency dpt. (emigration office near mega mall) room no-XXXX

I went there handover the note to the officer, he call the officer in police headquarter forward some link or no. from his system then he said ok finish , got my pcc after one week