+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate - required to be submitted now or later?

pranvayu

Sep 6, 2010
I'm confused about PCC and have following two questions:

1) If I've lived in my home country only and have travelled to other countries for short visits, is a PCC still required? I think I read somewhere that a PCC is not required if you've not lived in any other country since the age of 18

2) When is the PCC to be submitted? Should I included it during the initial stage when mailing my pack to Nova Scotia or will they ask for it later and to be submitted later?

I ask the 2nd question as in the New Delhi checklist it states " If you are submitting your application to the CIO on or after June 26th, the PCC are NOT required with you complete application to the CIO. If you application is placed into processing you will be required to provide PCC to the vis office at a later date.

However, on this forum it's been posted that PCC should be sent during the initial stage.

Please clarify.

thanks

manzoorhussain

Mar 7, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
HI

pranvayu said:

1) If I've lived in my home country only and have travelled to other countries for short visits, is a PCC still required? I think I read somewhere that a PCC is not required if you've not lived in any other country since the age of 18. You don't need PCC in this case.
2) When is the PCC to be submitted? Should I included it during the initial stage when mailing my pack to Nova Scotia or will they ask for it later and to be submitted later? You have to submit your PCC to your VISA OFFICE LATER. NO PCC to CIO.

I ask the 2nd question as in the New Delhi checklist it states " If you are submitting your application to the CIO on or after June 26th, the PCC are NOT required with you complete application to the CIO. If you application is placed into processing you will be required to provide PCC to the vis office at a later date.

However, on this forum it's been posted that PCC should be sent during the initial stage.

Please clarify.

thanks
MH

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pranvayu said:

1) If I've lived in my home country only and have travelled to other countries for short visits, is a PCC still required? I think I read somewhere that a PCC is not required if you've not lived in any other country since the age of 18

2) When is the PCC to be submitted? Should I included it during the initial stage when mailing my pack to Nova Scotia or will they ask for it later and to be submitted later?

Please clarify.

thanks
1. You need a PCC from any country, including your home country where you have resided for more than 6 months since turning 18.
2. Please read the visa office specific instructions, the PCCs are NOT sent to CIO Sydney, the processing visa office will request them.

Maani1985

Sep 3, 2010
PCC are not required by CIO.

Send everything else, and concerned Visa Office will request for PCC sometime in near future

If you already have PCC, send it to CIO with other documents, because PCC will be expired in 3 months anyways.

Thanks

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Maani1985 said:
PCC are not required by CIO.

Send everything else, and concerned Visa Office will request for PCC sometime in near future

If you already have PCC, send it to CIO with other documents, because PCC will be expired in 3 months anyways.

Thanks
Aye that's what we did. We got PCC in mid-July whilst gathering documents. CIC changed their website to say don't send PCC now around 20th August, but London checklist still explicitly asked for it. So when we mailed our application on 23rd August we included the PCCs. Then 7 days later on 30th August, London changed their checklist to say don't send PCC now but send when asked, but too late for us!

I think worse case scenario for anyone who sent them with application is that VO may ask for fresh ones during processing, but I reckon as long as they complete processing before 1 year expiry date of the PCC they may accept them.

Wayne.

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
I am curious about this PCC to know when is the right time to start arranging it?

As per latest guidelines, PCC is not required to be submitted to CIO along with application, rather it must be submitted later when asked to local VO
and also must not be more 3 months old.

So usually how much is the gap between application is submitted at CIO and then local VO asking for PCC??

My feeling is that one must start working over PCC as soon as CIO confirms the eligibility and the processing of application.
There seems to be a thin line of timing between events concerning submission of a valid PCC

any advice

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mr_rana said:
I am curious about this PCC to know when is the right time to start arranging it?

As per latest guidelines, PCC is not required to be submitted to CIO along with application, rather it must be submitted later when asked to local VO
and also must not be more 3 months old.

So usually how much is the gap between application is submitted at CIO and then local VO asking for PCC??

My feeling is that one must start working over PCC as soon as CIO confirms the eligibility and the processing of application.
There seems to be a thin line of timing between events concerning submission of a valid PCC

any advice
As long as they are not older than 3 months when you submit your application to CIO Sydney, then they are still valid when the processing office requests them.

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
You mean that even though CIO doesn't require PCC as per new rules, its better to get it done first & then submit the application as 3 months of PCC are considered from date of submission to CIO?

Isn't it when case moves to VO to start processing one's case and asks to submit documents including PCC, it must not be old than 3 months on the date of its submission to VO.

which fact is correct?