+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate - for India

udaisv1

Dec 23, 2016
Hi,

I am Udai, I am currently in Canada. I got ITA on Dec 22nd 2016 under CEC. I came to Canada in Dec 2012 on student visa, since then I did not go back to India. Now, I have applied for my Police clearance certificate for India directly in my area commissioner office (i.e. in Chennai) through my sister. They accepted the application and I will get my PCC in another 10 days may be.

My question is: Should I necessarily get my PCC by applying though BSL international in Canada or is it ok that I directly get it from the commissioner office in India?

Could someone please clarify? Thank you very much.

- Udai

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey there bud, it is not mandatory to apply through these offices, it just gives you a piece of mind as every one goes through them . i had my PCC done from India about 4 months ago too, but i simply applied through BLS again, just didn't wanted to take a chance . However, i think PCC from india totally works(has to be in English or get it translated and notarized ) .

Reactions: Swapnilkanabar

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
When you apply for a PCC in India, they stamp your passport. If you are in Canada and you are applying through your sister in Canada, how will you get that stamp on your passport?

I am in Indian living in the UK. I had the option of getting it through contacts in India but I did it through VFS here in London due to the stamping of the passport.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
When you apply for a PCC in India, they stamp your passport. If you are in Canada and you are applying through your sister in Canada, how will you get that stamp on your passport?

I am in Indian living in the UK. I had the option of getting it through contacts in India but I did it through VFS here in London due to the stamping of the passport.
i think they just need a certificate/pcc and they won't see your passport until you get your PPR .it is not necessary/mandatory to get a stamp on your passport for PCC.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
OMG_Chakromakro said:
i think they just need a certificate/pcc and they won't see your passport until you get your PPR .it is not necessary/mandatory to get a stamp on your passport for PCC.
It's not mandatory but India does it for all PCC requests. At the ITA stage, I believe you have to upload every page of your passport that contains stamps or visas. So the PCC stamp will be one of the pages to be uploaded.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it works either way ! all it comes down to is , are you comfortable with the pcc from india without the stamp on passport ? also on CIC's website it is recommended to apply through indian embassy .honestly , i have a PCC from india all ready to go but just for the heck of it i applied through BLS and sent my Passport and work permit (original) and hopefully will get it within 15- 16 days !

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
OMG_Chakromakro said:
it works either way ! all it comes down to is , are you comfortable with the pcc from india without the stamp on passport ? also on CIC's website it is recommended to apply through indian embassy .honestly , i have a PCC from india all ready to go but just for the heck of it i applied through BLS and sent my Passport and work permit (original) and hopefully will get it within 15- 16 days !
It was very convenient in London. I went to VFS with a self addressed pre paid envelope, which was half the cost of their delivery service. I paid £27.00 but it was just one visit. It took me 10 days.

In India, it is cheaper but you have to go to the police station, the policeman visits your house and then you you go to the PSK for stamping. My friend lives in a small city where there is no PSK. It was a nightmare for her.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
It was very convenient in London. I went to VFS with a self addressed pre paid envelope, which was half the cost of their delivery service. I paid £27.00 but it was just one visit. It took me 10 days.

In India, it is cheaper but you have to go to the police station, the policeman visits your house and then you you go to the PSK for stamping. My friend lives in a small city where there is no PSK. It was a nightmare for her.
Yepp :) here in Canada they charged me 75 bucks (BLS Brampton)

udaisv1

Dec 23, 2016
Thank you everyone for the replies, friends.

They did not ask for my passport and they are well aware that I am in Canada, so assume they do not stamp in the passport? Moreover, one of my close friends also applied for his PCC in the same office (probably in 2013) in Chennai and he didn't get any stamping in his passport then.

I didn't go to BLS since they mentioned it may take 1 to 2 months, so I was worried. Anyway, now I am getting little scared, so I think I have to go to BLS, Edmonton.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
OMG_Chakromakro said:
Why would it be preferred to be only via embassy? What about us folks who are not in Canada and are doing it from within India via a Passport Seva Kendra?

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
raven00090 said:
Why would it be preferred to be only via embassy? What about us folks who are not in Canada and are doing it from within India via a Passport Seva Kendra?
That preference is only for people that live outside India. If you're in India, PSK is the way to go. District PCCs have addresses associated with them and you'd have to get one for every city you've lived in since the age of 18.

Vets_2017

Nov 23, 2017
DEAR SENIORS ,
I have my PCC Issued in INDIA on 2nd NOV 2017 and then i left India on 10th NOV 2017 .
My question is can I use that PCC for my e- APR .!?

ish17

Mar 15, 2018

Hi, I am in a similar situation.I am in Indian living in the UK.

Can you advice me on how to get the UK PCC done?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
DEAR SENIORS ,
I have my PCC Issued in INDIA on 2nd NOV 2017 and then i left India on 10th NOV 2017 .
My question is can I use that PCC for my e- APR .!?
PCC can be within last 6 months only from current country of residence, for all others you need to get once you leave the country, now since you left India post PCC it is no more valid. You need to get the same again