+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CERTIFICATE

dogon80

Sep 3, 2014
I'm currently in Canada as a temporary resident and would like to hopefully immigrate here as a permenant resident. I've previously lived in Spain for about 4 years. But my concerns are about obtaining a police certificate from there.
While in Spain, I've never obtained any residential documentation or status, but I didn't commit any crimes or work illegally while there.
My question is, would this jepordize my chances of becoming a resident in Canada or is there a why to obtain any police certificates from my stay in Spain, even without actual documentation of me every being there?

thanks...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As long as you declare your stay in Spain in your application, are honest about your status here (i.e. that you were there without status), and make every attempt to obtain a Spanish PCC - you should be fine. At a minimum, you should try to obtain a PCC that states they have no record of you. If they refused to issue the PCC completely, make sure you have detailed evidence of all of your attempts to obtain the PCC and the responses you received. You should also try several different routes to obtaining the PCC (e.g. ask for help from your embassy in Spain, ask the Spanish embassy in your country for assistance, etc.). My husband was unable to obtain one PCC when we filed his application because after he worked there for a year and a half, the country went through a war and all of the police records in that city were destroyed in the process. CIC approved his application all the same. However we provided detailed evidence of all of our attempts to obtain the PCC and the answers we received. I'd recommend you do the same to ensure the process is smooth for you.

dogon80

Sep 3, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to respond, however, i forgot to mention I'm a U.S. citizen and I was living in the Canary Islands for about 4 years. I understand fully, the part about declaring my stay in Spain but when I applied to renew my temporary residence application, 3 times already, I didn't know what to say in the section about my status there and put temporary resident, because i was there for quite some time. I'm not sure if this will completely jepordize my chances with the immigration process...I do have stamped entry to and from my travel to Spain, in my passport, as they require all the documentation from the places i'd been, so I don't know if they(immigration) noticed I didn't have a resident card or visa included with all the photos and scanned documentations, needed with the application...

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dogon80 said:
Thanks for taking the time to respond, however, i forgot to mention I'm a U.S. citizen and I was living in the Canary Islands for about 4 years. I understand fully, the part about declaring my stay in Spain but when I applied to renew my temporary residence application, 3 times already, I didn't know what to say in the section about my status there and put temporary resident, because i was there for quite some time. I'm not sure if this will completely jepordize my chances with the immigration process...I do have stamped entry to and from my travel to Spain, in my passport, as they require all the documentation from the places i'd been, so I don't know if they(immigration) noticed I didn't have a resident card or visa included with all the photos and scanned documentations, needed with the application...
Your previous immigration status in Spain is irrelevant to your application. You are not applying from Spain and saying you reside there legally when you are not. They are only concerned when you apply from a country where you are residing illegally.

You will have to try to get a police clearance from Spain. I doubt it will be hard to get, so give it a try first. Not sure how the procedure is but I would start by contacting the embassy of Spain in Canada, they should know.