+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police certificate or celarance from country stayed over 183 days .

RAYANN

Oct 14, 2016
police certificate or clearance from country that we visited and spent more than 183 days during the past 4 years , my questions are :
1- is we have to attach police clearance along with citizenship application or we have to send the application first then IRCC they will send us letter addressed to the police in that country to issue police clearance in my name .
2- what is the mechanism of getting police clearance from any country for instance Saudi Arabia if still I have legal residancy ?

Really we don't know how to get police clearance . if some one can advise

thanks
RAYANN

RAYANN

Oct 14, 2016
I have contacted Saudi Arabian Embassy in Ottawa they told us that we have no Idea about police certificate and they stop issuing any police certificate since 2010 , I have contacted Canadian embassy in Saudi Arabia they told me that we cannot do any thing for you .
if we send the citizenship application to IRCC without police certificate from saudi arabia they will return it back or they will send us letter requesting PC.

Bepatient

Nov 8, 2013
RAYANN said:
I have contacted Saudi Arabian Embassy in Ottawa they told us that we have no Idea about police certificate and they stop issuing any police certificate since 2010 , I have contacted Canadian embassy in Saudi Arabia they told me that we cannot do any thing for you .
if we send the citizenship application to IRCC without police certificate from saudi arabia they will return it back or they will send us letter requesting PC.
The link below will give you more information relating to the police clearance (PC) from Saudi Arabia.
Since you are still maintaining a legal residency in Saudi Arabia, you would need a PC. It should be sent with your application otherwise the latter will be deemed incomplete and returned back to you.

Good luck!

cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp#cit-inside

RAYANN

Oct 14, 2016
thanks for reply
I have seen the attached link before and I have followed the instruction but it is not true , I have contacted CANADIAN Embassy in Saudi Arabia but they said sorry we can't help you in this regard , they advised me to contact Saudi Embassy in Ottawa , I did ,They told me that Saudi EmbassY Stop Issuing POLICE certificate since 2010.
what to do ?

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per the CIC website check the below examples the last sentence is similar to your case, just write an explanation:
Question 6M
Answer the question by checking yes or no. The following examples may help you answer the question:

Example 1

In the past four (4) years, you took one (1) trip to France that lasted 200 days. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France.

Example 2

In the past four (4) years, you took 10 trips to the United States of America (USA). Each trip lasted three (3) weeks, for a total of 210 days. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from the USA.

Example 3

In the past four (4) years, you spent one year (365 days) working in Singapore. While working in Singapore, you took a trip to Malaysia (10 days) and Thailand (10 days). You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from Singapore. You would not need to provide police certificates from Malaysia or Thailand.

Example 4

In the past four (4) years, you took one (1) trip to Europe where you visited Portugal (5 days), Spain (7 days), France (10 days), Belgium (3 days), Netherlands (3 days), Germany (21 days), Switzerland (7 days) and Italy (21 days). You took a second trip to Europe where you visited Ireland (14 days), Scotland (14 days) and England (21 days). You went to Germany for a business trip that lasted 60 days. The total time you were outside of Canada was 186 days but you were not in a single country for 183 days or more. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide police certificates from any of the countries.

If you checked “YES”, list the name(s) of each country(ies) in the space provided below the question.

You will be required to obtain a police certificate for each country, other than Canada, where you were present for a total of 183 days or more in the past four (4) years. See Police Certificate section in this guide in “Step 1. Gather Documents”.

If you cannot get a police certificate from a country, you must provide an explanation in the space provided below the question.

RAYANN said:
thanks for reply
I have seen the attached link before and I have followed the instruction but it is not true , I have contacted CANADIAN Embassy in Saudi Arabia but they said sorry we can't help you in this regard , they advised me to contact Saudi Embassy in Ottawa , I did ,They told me that Saudi EmbassY Stop Issuing POLICE certificate since 2010.
what to do ?

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you cannot get the PCC, as mentioned in the guideline, provide the explanation as to why you cannot. Example: detail that Saudi stopped issuing the PCC since 2010. If the embassy provided an email reply regarding this non issue, attach it along with the explanation. You should attach whatever evidence you have - boarding pass etc to substantiate the entry/ exits.
All the very best.

Fochi

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
the attached link may help, please read
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/SA.html

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
If you go to cic website and search for the police certificate link, you go to Saudi Arabia, it shows you , you cannot obtain a police certificate for this country. You have to write unable to obtain pc for this country in your application

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
guys plz clarify my understanding....we came from Oman to canada as landed PR in DEc 2013. my family never left canada since 2013 after PR then...so Do they still need PCC in spite of not leaving Canada since Dec 2013... in order to avoid the submission of PCC how long do they need to wait...so they are not required to submit any pcc....is it wise to wait rather than applying for PCC from middle east...is so complicated to get PCC from there.WE are applying for citizenship in march 2018...plz advice

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
guys plz clarify my understanding....we came from Oman to canada as landed PR in DEc 2013. my family never left canada since 2013 after PR then...so Do they still need PCC in spite of not leaving Canada since Dec 2013... in order to avoid the submission of PCC how long do they need to wait...so they are not required to submit any pcc....is it wise to wait rather than applying for PCC from middle east...is so complicated to get PCC from there.WE are applying for citizenship in march 2018...plz advice
They're not required to submit PCC.

"Within the last 4 years, if you spent 183 days or more in another country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate. You must provide a police certificate for each country where you spent 183 days or more".

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
The 183 days in another country is based on the previous 4 years. So if you apply in March 2018 you only need a PCC if you or any of your family members who are applying for citizenship were in another country for 183 days or more since March 2014. If you arrived in December 2013 and have been in Canada ever since, you will not need a PCC from Oman.

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
They're not required to submit PCC.

"Within the last 4 years, if you spent 183 days or more in another country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate. You must provide a police certificate for each country where you spent 183 days or more".
plz advise.....i was in doha for 8 month...but before leaving doha i took pcc along with me...can i use the same pCC for my citizenship

Reactions: qorax

arch.ca

Sep 19, 2012
police certificate or clearance from country that we visited and spent more than 183 days during the past 4 years , my questions are :
1- is we have to attach police clearance along with citizenship application or we have to send the application first then IRCC they will send us letter addressed to the police in that country to issue police clearance in my name .
2- what is the mechanism of getting police clearance from any country for instance Saudi Arabia if still I have legal residancy ?

Really we don't know how to get police clearance . if some one can advise

thanks
RAYANN
You can send the application without PC, but put your explanation in the box. When you take the interview, the officer will give you a letter for PC or you can submit PC on interview.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
plz advise.....i was in doha for 8 month...but before leaving doha i took pcc along with me...can i use the same pCC for my citizenship
PCCs are 'only' valid for 6 months in the Middle East. It'd be noted on most of them.