NOC 0124
AOR Received.
07-12-16
Med's Done....
17-12-16
Passport Req..
26-12-17
Hello,
I need a little information about how does one go about applying for PR after a 8 month diploma and 4 month co-op.

As per my knowledge, the only options a student with a 8 month course and 4 month co-op (1 year course) have for applying for PR is PNP or LMIA. (The third option is applying for another course of 1 year to buy time to apply for PR) since there will be just one year stay back.

1. I'm afraid that since its a 8 month course there will be just 8 months stay back i.e. 4 month co-op will not counted?
2. what are the success rate of PNP ITA for international students with a diploma in marketing management?
3. Given how marketing isn't a niche talent getting an LMIA will be a little difficult. hence I'm banking on getting a PNP. Is this a safe option to rely on?

Lastly. do international students with one year experience qualify to remain in the EE pool and get an invite through FSW if PNP is shut?

Because I calculated my score assuming that I have finished my 1 year course there along with around 1 year experience. it comes around 483 (I have a masters degree from Mumbai so in the option of ECA I'm putting my highest degree i.e. Masters.) - I hope thats correct. Will this come to aid if Ontario PNP is shut at that point of time?

Please kindly give any advice on the same I'm kind of in urgent need to understand this!

Thanks

Reactions: ynandal99

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
An 8 month or 1 year diploma is always a bad choice if your ultimate objective is PR. You should take a 2 year course so that you can qualify for a three year PGWP. Many students find it difficult to secure a full time job after graduating (even if they have previous work experience). Just because someone ends up with a 1 year PGWP doesn't mean they will end up with one year of skilled work experience in Canada. Many don't.

niki.chawla1

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC 0124
AOR Received.
07-12-16
Med's Done....
17-12-16
Passport Req..
26-12-17
scylla said:
An 8 month or 1 year diploma is always a bad choice if your ultimate objective is PR. You should take a 2 year course so that you can qualify for a three year PGWP. Many students find it difficult to secure a full time job after graduating (even if they have previous work experience). Just because someone ends up with a 1 year PGWP doesn't mean they will end up with one year of skilled work experience in Canada. Many don't.
Thank you for the reply.

So the chances of getting a Ontario PNP is very less? and this score that I calculated of 483 is of no use to stand a chance for a PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
niki.chawla1 said:
Thank you for the reply.

So the chances of getting a Ontario PNP is very less? and this score that I calculated of 483 is of no use to stand a chance for a PR?
It's hard to say since your question is future looking. There is talk of Ontario changing their criteria/rules for selecting or making it more specific. So it's really impossible for anyone to say now what your chances will be.

However once again, generally speaking, if your goal is PR then a one year program is a poor choice.

niki.chawla1

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC 0124
AOR Received.
07-12-16
Med's Done....
17-12-16
Passport Req..
26-12-17
scylla said:
It's hard to say since your question is future looking. There is talk of Ontario changing their criteria/rules for selecting or making it more specific. So it's really impossible for anyone to say now what your chances will be.

However once again, generally speaking, if your goal is PR then a one year program is a poor choice.
Okay maybe you're right. Thank you.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
niki.chawla1 said:
Hello,
I need a little information about how does one go about applying for PR after a 8 month diploma and 4 month co-op.

As per my knowledge, the only options a student with a 8 month course and 4 month co-op (1 year course) have for applying for PR is PNP or LMIA. (The third option is applying for another course of 1 year to buy time to apply for PR) since there will be just one year stay back.

1. I'm afraid that since its a 8 month course there will be just 8 months stay back i.e. 4 month co-op will not counted?
2. what are the success rate of PNP ITA for international students with a diploma in marketing management?
3. Given how marketing isn't a niche talent getting an LMIA will be a little difficult. hence I'm banking on getting a PNP. Is this a safe option to rely on?

Lastly. do international students with one year experience qualify to remain in the EE pool and get an invite through FSW if PNP is shut?

Because I calculated my score assuming that I have finished my 1 year course there along with around 1 year experience. it comes around 483 (I have a masters degree from Mumbai so in the option of ECA I'm putting my highest degree i.e. Masters.) - I hope thats correct. Will this come to aid if Ontario PNP is shut at that point of time?

Please kindly give any advice on the same I'm kind of in urgent need to understand this!

Thanks
Hi,

Is it not possible to take one another course for a year after completion of one year diploma ?

If yes ?

Then it can be applied from within Canada or need to come back to your home country ?

niki.chawla1

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC 0124
AOR Received.
07-12-16
Med's Done....
17-12-16
Passport Req..
26-12-17
hardeep bal said:
Hi,

Is it not possible to take one another course for a year after completion of one year diploma ?

If yes ?

Then it can be applied from within Canada or need to come back to your home country ?
It can be applied while you're in Canada. You do get a stay back of 3 years post that.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
niki.chawla1 said:
It can be applied while you're in Canada. You do get a stay back of 3 years post that.
After completion of one year postgraduate diploma then again completion of one year diploma (new) ,is it lead to 3 year work permit or not ?

I mean cic issued visa for duration of your studies which is about one year (at initial stage ) as you mean It can be extended while with in canada right ?

kdeepak003

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
I was exactly having the same question as I have also done 8 months course and currently enrolled in a Co-op program.

The scenario that changes with me is that I am most likely to get a full time position.

My question is, I have my co-op work permit until March but my Co-op work term gets over by December. So, can I work on a full time position on a Co-op work permit until March and then continue on a PG work permit thereafter which will give me more points on my FSW.

your thoughts?