connieyes

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Hi guys, I have a question maybe someone could help me with. Right now I don't have PR or a work permit. I applied for a new WP at the end of July and my old WP expired on Aug. 24. So far there's no update about the application. Manitoba Health gave me a one time 90 days extension. But I will lose it on Nov. 24. I don't really see any chance of getting either my PR or my WP approved before that date. Anyone has any recommendation of private health insurance? I have my health benefits from work but it won't cover the things that Manitoba Health covers, like regular doctor visits. I have an appointment with my doctor on Dec. 1 but now I am thinking about cancelling it because I won't have Manitoba Health...

shaun999

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
April 14
IELTS Request
YES
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Medical Request on May 1st, 2017
Med's Done....
Medical Done on May 2nd, 2017
Interview........
N/NEED
Passport Req..
Sep 29, 2017 and Passport sent on October 2nd, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Got passport back on October 24, 2017.
LANDED..........
Waiting (Anytime on October 24, 2017)
Hi guys, I have a question maybe someone could help me with. Right now I don't have PR or a work permit. I applied for a new WP at the end of July and my old WP expired on Aug. 24. So far there's no update about the application. Manitoba Health gave me a one time 90 days extension. But I will lose it on Nov. 24. I don't really see any chance of getting either my PR or my WP approved before that date. Anyone has any recommendation of private health insurance? I have my health benefits from work but it won't cover the things that Manitoba Health covers, like regular doctor visits. I have an appointment with my doctor on Dec. 1 but now I am thinking about cancelling it because I won't have Manitoba Health...
If you have bluecross it should be fine as you have health care spending account. So just pay by cash if you see doctor and make a claim with bluecross. Also , I would recommend to discuss with bluecross if they have any option in this hard time.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Don't worry, the processing time for extending work permit is now 80 days. You will get something by end of next week if you applied in July.

Reactions: Arun121

connieyes

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
If you have bluecross it should be fine as you have health care spending account. So just pay by cash if you see doctor and make a claim with bluecross. Also , I would recommend to discuss with bluecross if they have any option in this hard time.
My health benefits from work is Blue Cross. I just sent them an email to ask about this. Thanks for the suggestion!

connieyes

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Don't worry, the processing time for extending work permit is now 80 days. You will get something by end of next week if you applied in July.
I hope you are right! I just have a hard time believing the processing time they claim. They still claim the processing time for our PR applications is 16 months but it's not true. Anyway, thanks for the good words, I hope you are correct on this!

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I hope you are right! I just have a hard time believing the processing time they claim. They still claim the processing time for our PR applications is 16 months but it's not true. Anyway, thanks for the good words, I hope you are correct on this!
They don't do security for extending WP and I am pretty sure you will get something in 80 days. I understand you about this PNP process since I am in my 22nd months of waiting and I am also from MB. My medical will be expired next month!

connieyes

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
They don't do security for extending WP and I am pretty sure you will get something in 80 days. I understand you about this PNP process since I am in my 22nd months of waiting and I am also from MB. My medical will be expired next month!
Have you got your new WP yet?

googgirl

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
hey, guys i did send my passport yesterday but i forgot to write name and Date of birth at the back of photograph, so does it matter? does anyone did that? pls reply friends.

Strawberry909

Star Member
May 13, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan, 2016
Doc's Request.
Sep, 2016
Nomination.....
Dec, 2015
AOR Received.
March, 2016
Med's Request
Jan, 2017
Med's Done....
Jan, 2017
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
Oct, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
INLAND
After how many days you got PPR when your status change to DM?
I am worried because today is 3rd day after I got DM in my ECAS but didn't got PPR yet...:eek::confused:

mandeepinder

Jun 22, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 JAN 2016
Nomination.....
12 NOV 2015
AOR Received.
18 JAN 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
4-MAY-2017
Med's Request
01 FEB 2017
Med's Done....
9 FEB 2017
Interview........
No need of interview
Passport Req..
Waiiting
Hi dun worry i got my WP after 2 months
They are taking so long for everything now a days