Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
The refugee issue started at least more than a year ago, so the a few months you were saying have passed already. Now it is IRCC's job to process them. That is why our applications get delayed. Hussen just said in August 18 news that the normal processing time for refugees is 5 months and they are going to put more people in that to speed things up, which means there will be less people processing our applications, while they have got delayed already.
If you look at historical data, which is available here:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/asylum-claims-made-in-canada.asp
The number is relatively low except the last month, and Syrian refugee cases has been finalized long before.
I have seen similar pattern last year which no PPR and ME for almost entire summer, this could due to officer taking holidays.

connieyes

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
If you look at historical data, which is available here:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/asylum-claims-made-in-canada.asp
The number is relatively low except the last month, and Syrian refugee cases has been finalized long before.
I have seen similar pattern last year which no PPR and ME for almost entire summer, this could due to officer taking holidays.
1,335 1,280 1,600 1,435 1,755 2,040 1,765 I don't think July's exceptionally higher than other months, they're fairly consistent and that's a lot of expedited cases. The Syrian refugee cases are finalized before means that those cases were processed expediently too, which means they definitely put more hours and people on those cases and got our applications delayed. It's a simple logic that if the amount of workers and hours you have stay the same but the workload is increasing rapidly, you will have to prioritize. In this case, the refugee cases are the priority while ours are not. I hope you are right about the reason of the delay-- officers taking vacation. I sincerely hope you are right because that means I should soon hear something. As everyone else here who have been waiting long enough.

Reactions: tandpteam

tandpteam

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
28-12-2017
1,335 1,280 1,600 1,435 1,755 2,040 1,765 I don't think July's exceptionally higher than other months, they're fairly consistent and that's a lot of expedited cases. The Syrian refugee cases are finalized before means that those cases were processed expediently too, which means they definitely put more hours and people on those cases and got our applications delayed. It's a simple logic that if the amount of workers and hours you have stay the same but the workload is increasing rapidly, you will have to prioritize. In this case, the refugee cases are the priority while ours are not. I hope you are right about the reason of the delay-- officers taking vacation. I sincerely hope you are right because that means I should soon hear something. As everyone else here who have been waiting long enough.
They must have been taking their vacation for years lol :D look at what's happening to 2015 applicants.

hopelesspr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
If you understand how they process refugees you will know that recent slow down has nothing to do with recent refugee issues.
When they cross the border, CBSA and RCMP comes in, then they will send to immigration refugee board for hearing, then they will come to IRCC for processing, it will be few months or years before they come to IRCC's scope.
The slow down must caused by something else.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ndp-apos-jenny-kwan-says-080003862.html

hopelesspr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017

mintu

Jun 2, 2011
This government doesn't give a shit about us ... they don't know how stressful is that long process is for us... I have tried everything I can went to MP twice ... trying contacting ircc ... no luck ... I don't think that petition is also going to make some effect on them... All I know this is obviously from the ministry that our files are not even near to their priority.. I request everyone from Who r still waiting for their PPR... please email to the minister of ircc Ahmed Hussein on this email mailto:Minister@cic.gc.ca
And please write in subject "Delay in PNP applications"
And write all about your situation ... I already did email ... if we want anything to be happen ... we have to take some action..!
Thank you everyone

PICKWICK2017

Feb 12, 2017
I am a MPNP applicant, I received me Aor on 23 August 17. I didn't enclose the police certificates with the application to IRCC. Do you guys have any idea when do they ask for such things and what time frame do they give for such things to be submitted? And the medical request comes after that right?

sanjaylade

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016

Arvinvtiangco

Jan 2, 2015
Hi Guys,

Here's my Timeline

Dec 2016 - New Brunswick Provincial Nomination
Dec 2016 - CIC ITA
Jan 18 17 - Completed Upfront medical
Feb 1 17 - Follow up medical requirements
Feb 14 17 - CIC AOR
May 2017 - Medical Passed
Mar 2017 - as per GCMS: Medical results and UMI cannot be found
Apr 2017 - as per GCMS: IME number still cannot be associated
July 2017 - Already Associated name and medical records

EE profile - no status change even passed medical. CIO emailed us that we passed medical

I am not sure what really happened but we are pretty sure that this is caused a lot of delay. The whole time they are fixing my medical number association and the whole 6 months this is the only thing that they have done for our application. I called IRCC help center and a person named Soraiya, who is very rude, informed me to call by September 29 since there is no update and she informed me to limit my calls because it will not make any difference at all. It really pains me when she stated this because everything one our life today is on hold since we want to start everything in Canada. with this delay it caused us a lot of anxiety. We sold some of our stuff and tone down in a lot of things since we dont want to replace or purchase anything so we either borrow or ask help from the relatives. We cannot take offers or progress in our career since we know that we have a migration plan so our careers our on hold. I hope the speed at the CIO side will speed up already

Reactions: aquarian5725