Interview........
Background passed July 28, 2017
Passport Req..
09-19-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-11-2017
Im in Canada for almost 6 years. I initiated my Immigration process in 2014. Still its going on. One of my friend came to Canada when my BC PNP was under process, he finished his Masters and he got his PR under EE within 3 months and he landed Two months ago. He bought a property in Vancouver.

I am living in same basement for Six years, where as even I am pre approved for 15k line of credit in CIBC; they don't want to release funds/give mortgage due to I am not PR.

I can move to EE to fasten process but, what about all the time and money which I spent on this process. Morethan money and time, I had gone through lot of mental torture and harassment !!!
Same 6 years. Should have apply EE when points drop as low as now ...

Reactions: samv02

Kawaldang

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Im in Canada for almost 6 years. I initiated my Immigration process in 2014. Still its going on. One of my friend came to Canada when my BC PNP was under process, he finished his Masters and he got his PR under EE within 3 months and he landed Two months ago. He bought a property in Vancouver.

I am living in same basement for Six years, where as even I am pre approved for 15k line of credit in CIBC; they don't want to release funds/give mortgage due to I am not PR.

I can move to EE to fasten process but, what about all the time and money which I spent on this process. Morethan money and time, I had gone through lot of mental torture and harassment !!!
I'm in the same boat as you .it feels like my future is ruined with this long process to settle down .

Reactions: samv02

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary

Bro I have been in Canada for 11 years now. Paid over $100k in tuition, paying over $25k/year in taxes every year. I am sure most of the inland applicants are in the same boat. Don't lose hope just yet. we are almost there!

edward22

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office Sydney, Nova Scotia - Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
Interview........
n/a

bilalsaeed

Jul 5, 2012
Edmonton
Bro I have been in Canada for 11 years now. Paid over $100k in tuition, paying over $25k/year in taxes every year. I am sure most of the inland applicants are in the same boat. Don't lose hope just yet. we are almost there!
You betcha. 5 years in Canada and still waiting for PR. I feel your frustration.

Reactions: Nazanin A

zhouying1573

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-03-2016
Med's Request
07-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-01-2017
Passport Req..
19-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017

I came to Canada in 2012, and almost same to you.

Baanayaad

Mar 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28/07/14 (AINP), 12/02/16 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
13/07/16
Nomination.....
22/08/15
AOR Received.
21/04/16
Med's Done....
10-01-2017 (passed)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Its good to know there are other people in our shoes. I came to Canada 6 years ago; I nearly didn't even apply for PR status because of my work situation (had a racist, ignorant, and abusive employer), and after 18 months, I got fed up and resigned. I thought my hopes for becoming a permanent resident were over because I was unemployed, and the chances of me being employed in the same NOC was slim to none. Three weeks prior to my nomination certificate expiring, I informed my provincial office of my situation to find out what my next steps were, and luckily my PNP stream was not employer driven, and my Provincial Nominee Case Officer (who was very annoyed that I had not not sent my PR application as yet), pushed me to send it right away. 16 months later my PR application seems to have been approved. My passport was requested by Ottawa, and I sent that yesterday.

Not claiming to be a success story, but sometimes you have to have patience, and determination, and not let anybody or anything get you down. We are all in the final stages of our applications being approved. Lets just take a deep breath and give thanks. We have come this far, we can't give up now.

Lena123

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016
Doc's Request.
12-12-2016
Nomination.....
20-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-21-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2016
LANDED..........
since 2009
Its good to know there are other people in our shoes. I came to Canada 6 years ago; I nearly didn't even apply for PR status because of my work situation (had a racist, ignorant, and abusive employer), and after 18 months, I got fed up and resigned. I thought my hopes for becoming a permanent resident were over because I was unemployed, and the chances of me being employed in the same NOC was slim to none. Three weeks prior to my nomination certificate expiring, I informed my provincial office of my situation to find out what my next steps were, and luckily my PNP stream was not employer driven, and my Provincial Nominee Case Officer (who was very annoyed that I had not not sent my PR application as yet), pushed me to send it right away. 16 months later my PR application seems to have been approved. My passport was requested by Ottawa, and I sent that yesterday.

Not claiming to be a success story, but sometimes you have to have patience, and determination, and not let anybody or anything get you down. We are all in the final stages of our applications being approved. Lets just take a deep breath and give thanks. We have come this far, we can't give up now.
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your story. So we do not have to work while waiting for the PR?? or you had another job after quitting the old one?

Lena123

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016
Doc's Request.
12-12-2016
Nomination.....
20-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-21-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2016
LANDED..........
since 2009
Thats a bad idea. If you have DM just wait, or check your spam folder. Search IRCC and see if anything new has arrived. Did that this morning and found out that my PPR had been sent to me 3 days prior. Of course I gathered all my documents (passport etc) and sent them to Ottawa right away. Have a look and see if it is there. Your passport is very difficult to replace. I wouldn't send it until they asked.
OKKK thanks!

Baanayaad

Mar 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28/07/14 (AINP), 12/02/16 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
13/07/16
Nomination.....
22/08/15
AOR Received.
21/04/16
Med's Done....
10-01-2017 (passed)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
If
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your story. So we do not have to work while waiting for the PR?? or you had another job after quitting the old one?
If your PNP is without a job offer (or you were nominated under a stream that was not employer-driven), you do not need to work to maintain your PNP status. I got a job 4 months later somewhere else (and I am still working there).