New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
Nomination.....
01-12-2011
Mayonnaise said:
Thank you for the reply, Canman! This will give me some peace of mind. is this the procedure for just your visa office or does that go for every one else's V/O?
Its for all. Some visa offices ask for MR, PPR AND landing fees together. So dont worry they will ask for the fees along with your PPR :)

ariza

Dec 8, 2011
Mayonnaise said:
When exactly do they ask for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee ($490)??? I have not included the RPRF in my application to Nova Scotia since it was not on the check list, it also was not asked when i did my medicals. Anyone?? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
i received RPRF together with the AOR from CEM so my aor, rprf, mr are all dated the same.

thank u guys for sharing the happiness in me.
God bless us all..

jot

Star Member
Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2011
Nomination.....
14 Dec 2011
AOR Received.
7 March 2012
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
6 Feb 2012
Med's Request
7 March 2012
Med's Done....
13 March 2012
Interview........
N.A
Passport Req..
21 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
3 October 2012
LANDED..........
14 December 2012
at this point im little worried they did not receive my med yet,as i was done with my med on 13 march.
do i need to contact my doc or should i send an inquiry to CPP?
any suggestion im luking forward.
thanks nd gud luck to all :)

jot

Star Member
Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2011
Nomination.....
14 Dec 2011
AOR Received.
7 March 2012
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
6 Feb 2012
Med's Request
7 March 2012
Med's Done....
13 March 2012
Interview........
N.A
Passport Req..
21 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
3 October 2012
LANDED..........
14 December 2012
QBCool said:
Yes, I guess we just don't have any other choice.
hi QBCool.they receive ur med???

thanks

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Hi Jot... How do yo know they didn't receive your medicals?
jot said:
at this point im little worried they did not receive my med yet,as i was done with my med on 13 march.

sfawzy2002

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Edmonton , AB
Visa Office......
Cairo , Egypt/ CPP-O
App. Filed.......
18 Feb 2010(AINP) and Application Received CIO on 27-01-2012
AOR Received.
08 Mar 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred back to Cairo - 06 June 2013
Med's Request
08 Mar 2012/redo: 01 Oct 2013
Med's Done....
15 Mar 2012/redo: 12 Oct 2013
Interview........
e-cas shows In progress since 06/06/2013 and medical received on 30/10/2013
Passport Req..
30/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
14-06-2014
jot said:
Jot , confirm with your doctor the method of send your MR , and if he/she has sent through courier get the tracking number.
I knew mine were received through the tracking number but no reaction from the CIO or any updates yet :(

Superhero

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 25 2017
AOR Received.
Apr 13 2017
Hello every1:

I got an email from Sydney NS, that they transfer my file to Ottawa for further review...wat this means? Any one know abt it?? Pls rep ...I don't even hv my file number yet...

Mayonnaise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jot said:
i had mine done march 15, it normally sits in the DMP's office for 2 weeks because they need to review it. My medical result was received in ottawa April 3rd. i know this because i kept the tracking number.

I have not heard from Ottawa too and Im not expecting a reply any time soon. id say give it 2 months max, in my opinion. keep in mind too that there were a couple of holidays (easter) that could have caused some delay. also, if your results were sent via regular mail that might take 5 days to reach ottawa.

QBCool

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa, Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App for PR: 23-01-2012
Nomination.....
Got CSQ on: 12-10-2011
AOR Received.
08-03-2012
Med's Request
08-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
03/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/2012
LANDED..........
02/11/2012
jot said:
hi QBCool.they receive ur med???

thanks
The tracking status says they recd it on 23rd, but there has been no action from the VO to indicate anything. I was expecting it to take a week or two for the VO to update the e-cas status, but nothing yet - it's been several now. ???

Bahia

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept.23,2014
Nomination.....
Sponsorship approval in end of nov. 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 23,2014
File Transfer...
To NDVO end of nov. 2014
Med's Done....
Before applying, got request for re-medical again on aug20-25, 2015
Interview........
in process last week of July, 2015
Hi
Mine file received at Sydney on 2nd April 2012. Didn't receive AOR yet
I applied under SINP nominee.

mysteryocean

Jun 20, 2010
swift current SK Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
no request!!
Nomination.....
01-08-11
AOR Received.
CIO 16-03-12 NDVO 03-04-12
Med's Request
23 July 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
23 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
Already in canada
I am not sure if all of you members have visited FSW section of this forum. theres a great thread regarding Security and Background check.
a great fella Qurax has explained it depth. so courtsey to him, i thought i will copy and paste all the explanation here, which might answer few question of everyone is having here.

**************************************************************************************************************
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
**************************************************************************************************************

truedream

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, sydney, Nova Scotia Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21july 2011
Doc's Request.
11 nov 2011
Nomination.....
waiting
IELTS Request
already send with application
didnot receive the nomination yet.. its been 9months now.. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( but as per our immigartion he informed us week ago that our application shows "IN PROCESS" in the sinp portal..
help ..............

koolkarmaguy

Star Member
Jan 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2010
Nomination.....
12/29/2011
AOR Received.
June 27 2012
Med's Request
June 4 2012
Med's Done....
June 29 2012
Interview........
none. In-process on May 23, 2013.
Passport Req..
September 17 2013
Guys,
Following is my timeline: AINP-H1B Category - Mechanical/manufacturing engineer

feb 2009 - Sent documents to AINP
September 2009 - Received rejection due to inclusion of OPT in the 1 year H1B Requirement
November 2009 - Refiled/Reopened file with AINP - Documents sent
December 2011 - Received Nomination - AINP
April 14 th 2012- Sent the CIC Application to Nova Scotia

I have been hanging on to AINP for so long... lol I still haven't lost any hope. I am serious about moving and settling in canada..definitely not using AINP as a backup for US Greencard.
Being a Mechanical Engineer, there are plenty of opportunities in Alberta. Especially, oil and gas sector. Especially..with BS, MS, MBA from pretty good US School.:)...ohh yeaah..I need those big bucks!!!
Please update my info in the spreadsheet. Also, if there are any mechanical engineers, please feel free to contact me..so we can have a chat on opportunities and etc.