Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Buds said:
Hi prasamp,

Is the time 4-6 week coz i read it somewhere as 55 days...
I am in a cofused state actually , I have my flight already booked on jan 09 for India,,,and I had applied for PR on FEb 06.2012,, medical recieved on april25.2012

just yestreday I sent them PCC and RCMP FP report which they requested on Sep26.2012

The ECAS went to IN Process on Sep 26....shoould I apply for Multiple entry visa once I get my renewd WP or shall I wait?

Any one in same situation?
Buds.. as you are out of canada..you need visa/document to enter Canada even if your PR is approved...if you have US visa you can land in detroit(Assuming if they send your file for stamping to this office) get visa stamped and enter canada...this is one way and i wouldnt be doing this as you need to handle US immigration and Canadian immigration...best is get your renewd WP and apply for VISA in Delhi office...please dont send your passport to ottawa for getting your visa...its currently taking more than 60-70 days to get visa with valid work permit...
get your WP go to india apply for visa and if your PPR is issued that time (delhi might give you a travel document to return to canada or a ME visa... your WP will give you a work visa which is by default mutliple entry)

hth
prasamps

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
chanselay said:
What is GCMs notes?
Search google or in this forum for GCMS. there is a simple form you need to fill sign , scan and sent to the mail id in the form.
it takes about 30 days to get you the notes from your file.

If you are in Canada it is free or if you know some one in Canada it may cost you $5
there are private agencies they charge you $40 for the same...

here is link from this forum

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/where-do-i-get-caips-notes-t11124.0.html

good luck
Syed

Buds

Sep 11, 2012
CALGARY
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 02, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Passport Req..
---
prasamp said:
Buds.. as you are out of canada..you need visa/document to enter Canada even if your PR is approved...if you have US visa you can land in detroit(Assuming if they send your file for stamping to this office) get visa stamped and enter canada...this is one way and i wouldnt be doing this as you need to handle US immigration and Canadian immigration...best is get your renewd WP and apply for VISA in Delhi office...please dont send your passport to ottawa for getting your visa...its currently taking more than 60-70 days to get visa with valid work permit...
get your WP go to india apply for visa and if your PPR is issued that time (delhi might give you a travel document to return to canada or a ME visa... your WP will give you a work visa which is by default mutliple entry)

hth
prasamps
Thanku very much for explanation...I just have one more concern..

So once I get my WP renewed which will be closed one...and I go back to India ,,will I be able to get a re-entry visa from Delhi/Chandigarh easily??

That looks good but I heard from somewhere that u should get re entry visa before u exit Canada...

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Buds said:
Thanku very much for explanation...I just have one more concern..

So once I get my WP renewed which will be closed one...and I go back to India ,,will I be able to get a re-entry visa from Delhi/Chandigarh easily??

That looks good but I heard from somewhere that u should get re entry visa before u exit Canada...
if your trip to india is less than 30days you dont need to redo medicals... if you stay in india for more than 30days you have to redo medicals even if you have immigration medicals...i did this very often...did it in 2010 and now in 2012 when i changed me job...got my visa and new wp within 4days in delhi... if you are going for 1week or so then its risky sometimes delhi takes 3-4days to issue visa...if you are going for more than 1 week you can submit to delhi after landing it will be done in a week..

eg: current wp expires by november 30th and your visa expires by nov 30th.. and you get new work permit for 1year (dec'2013) and you go to india apply you will get a worker visa (which is multiple entry) till decmeber 2013. Attach a copy of your work permit and submit the TRV application with 2 photograps...required attached medical receipts for immigration.

Buds

Sep 11, 2012
CALGARY
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 02, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Passport Req..
---
prasamp said:
if your trip to india is less than 30days you dont need to redo medicals... if you stay in india for more than 30days you have to redo medicals even if you have immigration medicals...i did this very often...did it in 2010 and now in 2012 when i changed me job...got my visa and new wp within 4days in delhi... if you are going for 1week or so then its risky sometimes delhi takes 3-4days to issue visa...if you are going for more than 1 week you can submit to delhi after landing it will be done in a week..

eg: current wp expires by november 30th and your visa expires by nov 30th.. and you get new work permit for 1year (dec'2013) and you go to india apply you will get a worker visa (which is multiple entry) till decmeber 2013. Attach a copy of your work permit and submit the TRV application with 2 photograps...required attached medical receipts for immigration.
prasamp,,,,thank u very much...seems like u have real practical knowledge of this stuff,,,really helpful brother.....so I should go to India with only new WP and 2 fotos...I am staying there for about 45 days...so will get medical done ...

Joie

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O, BC PNP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
Nomination.....
15-10-2011 FOR PNP
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
Med's Request
Apr 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
22-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 22, 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 29, 2013
prasamp said:

Hi @ prasamp

I am in a similar situation as Bud, I have my work permit valid for another year or so, however my multilple visa is expired. I have a US visa though, so is there a problem if I fly in and out of US to some other country and come back Canada by road. I know for sure that people on work permit do not need a multiple visa to enter canada from states.

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
I think, we are going worst and worst...... Now they are working in FSW applicants from 2010-2011
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t111636.0.html;msg1818032;topicseen#msg1818032
I know that so many people is waiting, but our process was very fast and smooth until Buffalo get closed...
Now, Nobody knows... :( Some people talk about 15 months processing time, when in the beginning was 10 months (I am in my 10 months)... So let keep praying and hoping for the best

Sincerely
Y_R
samlogani said:
Guys ,

Any PPR lately?? :( :( :(

OldMiltonian

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
Nomination.....
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
25-01-2012
Med's Request
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2012
LANDED..........
31-07-2012
jonmonc said:
Hi guys,

My Work Permit and Canadian Visa expires on Dec 21st 2012. I am currently awaiting my PPR. It has been more than three months since my PR application went into 'In process' and now it seems like they are busy clearing out early 2011 applicants. So I might not hear anything before Dec 21st 2012.

Realistically the options I have to remain in the PR race is to apply for a Work Permit with or without my employer's assistance. I applied for my PR through the PNP program last year around this time and have a Province Certificate. From what I know my employeer does not assist with work permit extentions. So my question is can I by myself apply for an extension without any inputs or documents from my employeer? Has anyone been in the same situation?

Thanks
JonMonc
If you apply online with a PNP certificate, it takes 11 working days to get a work permit extension.

Reihz

Sep 16, 2012
Hi there everyone,

Since we are all discussing here about the WP extensions, how many months can we apply for WP extension? I am planning to go out canada too and my Permit expires on FEb. can i apply the WP now this early?? Im planning to go out till march thats why i need to renew it.. I know i am not getting any passport request soon for my PR applicant and I am also under PNP so might as well renew my WP so that I can travel outside canada. So is it possble to renew it this month??? Please let me know about your thoughts,..Thank you so much!

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
OldMiltonian said:
If you apply online with a PNP certificate, it takes 11 working days to get a work permit extension.
thats not so fast... as you said.. inland canada work permit renewal takes close to 50days that is online...paper file takes 75days...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Joie said:
Hi @ prasamp

I am in a similar situation as Bud, I have my work permit valid for another year or so, however my multilple visa is expired. I have a US visa though, so is there a problem if I fly in and out of US to some other country and come back Canada by road. I know for sure that people on work permit do not need a multiple visa to enter canada from states.
you can do that...no issues... when you travel by road you dont need TRV for Canada (from US)... but if you see a case to travel by US do it...if you think you can get a TRV within few weeks from your home country or in the US get it...its always good to have your TRV

Superhero

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 25 2017
AOR Received.
Apr 13 2017
I got reply from ottawa:

Standard processing time for your category is 16 months...wait wait n wait ......

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
guys nowadays I am considering applying under CEC stream... I have 2 years of experience now in Canada... I have an IELTS test result too.. :) Thinking of sending new application and burning my PNP application... I believe this way would be faster!

Buds

Sep 11, 2012
CALGARY
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 02, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Passport Req..
---
Holygun said:
guys nowadays I am considering applying under CEC stream... I have 2 years of experience now in Canada... I have an IELTS test result too.. :) Thinking of sending new application and burning my PNP application... I believe this way would be faster!
I think u can apply in both and can decide later on whichever comes faster...