+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please suggest: Photo Specifications

jamesbond420

Sep 15, 2010
Hello all,

After a long wait of more than 2 years, I have received an email suggesting me to send my passport for visa approval. According to photo specification required for Permanent Resident Card, the photo should be, 35mmX45 mm and be on a photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date". It says, "photos without this backing are not acceptable and the date should be the date the photo was taken, not the date the photo was printed".

I went through several of the outlet such as CVS, Walgreen, Meijer and Sears and they all told me that they will not be able to print such date in the photo dimension as required. I am sure, I am not the first one to go through this process. I tried using onlinepassportphoto.com but their picture had a single date on the back of all 8 pictures. Not sure if that is acceptable.

Please suggest me. What was your experience? What photo was acceptable and where you took the pictures in US?

V

vidya

You can put the date with rubber stamp and its acceptable.

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
JamesB...you can write the date using any ball point pen at the back of the photograph. Make sure you don't write the date in the middle of the pic (on the backside of course). This can leave a permanent impression on the actual picture. Write on the top of the backside, almost across the border.

I have sent my photos twice with Canadian specifications and in both cases I wrote date with a ball point pen and I never got my pics rejected.

Good Luck!