+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please suggest a good elementary school in Toronto

crazyaboutcanada

Nov 8, 2012
Hi, I am planning to move to Canada on my PR visa during this October. I have a son in 7th standard now for whom I need to take admission in a good school at Toronto. Please suggest a school name so that I can contact them from now.. I also have to search for accommodation nearby his school so please help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
crazyaboutcanada said:
Hi, I am planning to move to Canada on my PR visa during this October. I have a son in 7th standard now for whom I need to take admission in a good school at Toronto. Please suggest a school name so that I can contact them from now.. I also have to search for accommodation nearby his school so please help.
As is usually the case, Google is your friend:

http://ontario.compareschoolrankings.org/elementary/SchoolsByRankLocationName.aspx

reikiprince

Apr 28, 2015
Dear All

My son will be 7 years old on Feb 1, 2016. If my wife and son go to Canada in Mar 1, 2016 can you please advise which grade he will be given admission? Several people have told me that he would lose a year or atmost 6 months if he shifts to Canada.
At that time he would be moving from Indian school system and would have just nearing finishing grade 2 in Abu Dhabi.

Are schools obliged to give admission in the neighborhood he stays? What if he does not have a transfer certificate from his old school in Abu Dhabi?

regards
reikiprince

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Hello, do you know of any Toronto specific online parent groups / forums? We will likely be living in midtown, and are looking for specific insights into the elementary schools there. Things like academic rigor, parent engagement, breadth of after-school programs, etc.

Thanks very much.

scylla said:
As is usually the case, Google is your friend:

http://ontario.compareschoolrankings.org/elementary/SchoolsByRankLocationName.aspx