+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please sign petition to reduce long processing times

kamila_26H

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Alberta
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/reduce-processing-time-for-family-sponsorship-treat-everyone-the-same-canada.html

Hi everyone please sign this petition so that the Canadian government can reduce these ridiculously long processing times.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kamila_26H said:
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/reduce-processing-time-for-family-sponsorship-treat-everyone-the-same-canada.html

Hi everyone please sign this petition so that the Canadian government can reduce these ridiculously long processing times.
Your petition is probably pointless, but if you decide to carry on, do you really think the government will even look at it when you are calling them corrupt?

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
PMM said:
Hi

Your petition is probably pointless, but if you decide to carry on, do you really think the government will even look at it when you are calling them corrupt?
I agree poor choice of words in this petition.

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
24-Feb-2014, SponsorshipApproved 01-Apr-2014
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Officially rec'd Beijing 24-May-2014
Med's Done....
29-Dec-2013 "Medical Results rec'd" 01-Apr-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
Hey guys,

Maybe you are the perfect candidates to come up with a better wording - surely you agree with message (?)

fugaziosbourne

Aug 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
There is already a petition for this on Change.org which does not insult the people(government) they are trying to persuade to change the laws.

We also have a facebook group which is writing media outlets and politicians and politely asking for help. Chris Alexander(Minister of Citizenship and Immigration) actually joined the group which is a good sign.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/615312178589951/?fref=nf

Harper's government is destroying everyone's life due to its ridiculous immigration policies for family class sponsorship.
Not everyone, just a small group of people in the overall scheme of things.

First of all we have to fill in over 100 pages by hand.
We did ours on a computer and only had to sign our signatures

Then there is a $1100 cost to sponsor your spouse
The CIC isn't a charitable organization.

Finally comes the worst part, your file gets transfered to Visa office and sets there for over a year and no one touches them.
Transferred was spelled wrong. It may appear your files aren't being touched but since none of us work there we can't say for sure.

Everyday people gets divorced because of this long wait.
Anecdotal evidence which can't be proven.

This government is not treating everyone the same some people from certain countries can sponsor their family in less than 6 months while others have to wait for 2 or 3 years before they get visa.
I'm just speculating on this one but its probably easier to share information with certain countries which would make the process go faster. Once again...I'm not sure.

I am starting this petition, so this corrupt government can listen to everyone's cry and reduce the spouse (family class sponsorship ) processing times to 3 months as it was in Liberals government back then.
Calling any government corrupt is probably not going to get you on their good side. Also comparing them to the last government isn't going to help.

Also get rid of all this papers we have to fill out.
It isn't that difficult to fill this paperwork out. I'd rather them do intensive checks than letting war criminals and other unsavoury sorts be fast tracked.

Join the US, and get on with technology and make everything online.
You said you filled out over 100 pages by hand when you can do it online. That one is on you, not the government. You also insulted them again by comparing them to the States.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
The petition background text is also factually incorrect. Almost all of the application can be filled out using a PC and not "by hand". Unless you have a particularly complex application, 50 pages is much more reasonable. It's far from being an arduous task.

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
This petition is weak. There's no supporting evidence for the argument. It sounds more like a complaint from the wording you chose to use.

I agree with you about the processing time. It's ridiculously long and different cases are being treated differently.

turntopage47

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Also, though this might just be because I skimmed it after reading the comments above, you are discouraging those who aren't into "liberal" politics from signing.

I do agree that the wait times are ridiculous for so many countries, but I also don't want my name on something that insults the government if they're hunting for any reason to deny my visa ::)

Btw, have I mentioned lately how much I love CIC?

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
Don't forget petitions concerning the Canadian Government should really be signed by Canadian Citizens eligible to vote.

I don't think non citizens will honestly have much of an effect.

mcbeth

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow------>Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/14
Doc's Request.
23/02/15
File Transfer...
27/02/14
Med's Request
re-do requested 25/02/15
Med's Done....
28/02/15 re-do
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
While I agree with the poor choice of wording I still signed. I don't care if Harper or the Conservatives have their feelings hurt, they've turned their backs on Canada as far as I'm concerned.

More to the point though, as this isn't a political debate forum, I will sign as many of these types of petitions as are brought to my attention. Why is an American processed faster than someone from Britain? Why is someone from wherever processed in 18 months while someone else is processed in 8?

FYI. I also agree with the amount of paperwork involved, it sucks to do and make sure it's all correct, but this country has enough garbage immigrating without opening the door.

*I'm going through Family Class right now, her PR app first went to Moscow, now it's in Poland but no one will give us information about where we are in line now. Thus my willingness to sign.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
mcbeth said:
Why is an American processed faster than someone from Britain? Why is someone from wherever processed in 18 months while someone else is processed in 8?
The level of info sharing between the US and Canada of citizens/residents has risen to a new high. Some is really alarming (especially FATCA) and an absolute travesty. Others are also privacy issues (like immigration entry/exit and criminal records). Even driving records are now freely shared.

The only benefit of this is that it is really easy if CIC (and the US equivalent) needs to get information on citizens of the other country. Hence it has become easier and easier for CIC to do the necessary checks they need to do for an applicant from the US. This has helped lead to faster and faster processing of US applicants. Otherwise I'm sure most people would agree that this invasion of privacy at the whim of a request from a foreign government is concerning.

Basically not all countries have the same level of information sharing as the US and Canada. How easily do you think information flows with Russia? Or Pakistan?

So basically, this one reason why this petition will not succeed... it is impossible to treat everyone the same... even if CIC actually wanted to

mcbeth

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow------>Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/14
Doc's Request.
23/02/15
File Transfer...
27/02/14
Med's Request
re-do requested 25/02/15
Med's Done....
28/02/15 re-do
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
Thanks keesio, I was really just pulling names out of my butt, but thanks for the info. I know how info flows out of Russia, it simply doesn't! That's why I'm glad my wife's PR application has been sent to Warsaw (hence the two timelines I wrote), at least they're 9 months faster.

These petitions only seem to work for tv shows, I know that, but what does it hurt to try.

Peace.

M

mikeymyke

It might seem unfair that for example, an American can get PR in 3 months, but a Pakistani could wait 1-2 years for PR, but I feel this is largely due to the # of marriage fraud/refugee cases in these countries rather than staffing levels or amount of resources. Immigrating to Canada was extremely easy back when the Liberals were in power as the OP mentioned, but she has to realize that people from these high risk countries started to take advantage of our generous immigration laws. People could just simply land in Canada and divorce right away without losing their PR status. So now, our government has to tighten the rules for these countries. I wouldn't blame the government entirely, I would blame the people living in these countries who are committing marriage fraud and false refugee claims. The government doesn't just simply increase processing time for nothing, they do it because they have to respond to the increasing cases of marriage fraud, which happened because the rules were so lax back then.

Also you guys have to realize that the posted processing times is not how long it would take an average application to finish, it's the average time it takes 80% of applications to finish, so a majority of cases will complete before the posted time.

My wife's VO is Singapore, have any of you saw how quickly the processing times climbed up for that VO? I remembered it was only like 4-5 years ago, the processing time was around 8-10 months, now it's 31 months. That's probably the quickest increase in processing time I've ever seen for any VO. That really didn't dissuade us from applying, we just simply submitted the best possible application we could do, lots of documentation/proofs, spent many days preparing it. Now it looks like she's going to get her PR visa after only 7 months from the time we submitted the application. 7 months is wayyyyyyy faster than the posted 31 months.

Bottom line is everyone needs to ignore the posted times and stop worrying about how long it will take, and instead, just work hard on your application, and you will find yourself getting your COPR way faster than you realize.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
mikeymyke said:
It might seem unfair that for example, an American can get PR in 3 months, but a Pakistani could wait 1-2 years for PR, but I feel this is largely due to the # of marriage fraud/refugee cases in these countries rather than staffing levels or amount of resources.
This. People from countries with similar cultures and standards of living will likely always face fewer obstacles/shorter timelines than those who stand to gain a lot more from immigration, and with reason. While I'm guessing there have probably been Australians and Americans who have married a Canadian to immigrate here, I'm also betting those cases are few and far between.

The petition is poorly written and comes off as an angry emotional appeal.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mikeymyke said:
Bottom line is everyone needs to ignore the posted times and stop worrying about how long it will take, and instead, just work hard on your application, and you will find yourself getting your COPR way faster than you realize.
Amen!

and perhaps if people actually cared to check their facts, they would see ottawa's processing time (where us applications are processed) is posted at 16 months! WAYYYYYYYY longer than what actually happens in reality. to me, the posted times suggest the reality of the applications considered "complicated" and requiring interviews NOT the majority of applications.