+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help

n1ckeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
IMM 5589
PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP

*Proof of financial dependency on one another***

I the sponsor was the only one who had income.
Both our names are on the lease. I always kept signed acknowledgement receipts from the landlord, is that something we could include?

THANKS!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
IMM 5589
PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP

*Proof of financial dependency on one another***

I the sponsor was the only one who had income.
Both our names are on the lease. I always kept signed acknowledgement receipts from the landlord, is that something we could include?

THANKS!
Yes, that is something you would include.

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hello everyone,

I need some advise. I got married to now my ex-husband back in 2016. I landed in April 2018. During the time of marriage my husband had another girl. Sometime during 2017 this girl got pregnant. My ex did not tell me about it until January 2018. He decided that we can try work things out and that he want to have the baby in his life. I agreed to this and I met his baby mama.

In April 2018 I landed and in June 2018 he said that he can't share custody of his new son and that he will work out things with his baby mama. He moved out in June to live with this girl. We later got a divorce and both moved on.

During all this I went back to my home country and I met a old friend which him and I started a relationship. I initially taught it would be a rebound thing, however it turned out to be more. Last December he proposed and now we want to get married and I want to sponsor him to Canada. I am aware of the 5 years ban for sponsored spouses. Is there a work around it or can I get a work permit while he is waiting to be sponsored?

Please advise and thank you in advance
L.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I need some advise. I got married to now my ex-husband back in 2016. I landed in April 2018. During the time of marriage my husband had another girl. Sometime during 2017 this girl got pregnant. My ex did not tell me about it until January 2018. He decided that we can try work things out and that he want to have the baby in his life. I agreed to this and I met his baby mama.

In April 2018 I landed and in June 2018 he said that he can't share custody of his new son and that he will work out things with his baby mama. He moved out in June to live with this girl. We later got a divorce and both moved on.

During all this I went back to my home country and I met a old friend which him and I started a relationship. I initially taught it would be a rebound thing, however it turned out to be more. Last December he proposed and now we want to get married and I want to sponsor him to Canada. I am aware of the 5 years ban for sponsored spouses. Is there a work around it or can I get a work permit while he is waiting to be sponsored?

L.
No work around unless he can find an employer who is willing to apply for an lMIA and your husband can try for a WP. Other option will be applying for express entry on his own based on his educations, work experience and language scores. You both may end up with some questions about whether you were still in a genuine marriage when you landed in Canada. It seems like he was with (living with?) his pregnant baby mama for quite some time before you arrived and maybe even after the baby was born. He then returned to her right 3 months after you arrived.

Reactions: YVR123

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Thank you for you advise YVR123 - He was living with me here in Canada. He was seeing this girl on the side and she got pregnant. It was not marriage for convenience at all because we got married in August 2016 and we only filed our application till May 2017. Before that we were living together since 2014. Thanks again for your advise.

Reactions: DiiDii

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for you advise YVR123 - He was living with me here in Canada. He was seeing this girl on the side and she got pregnant. It was not marriage for convenience at all because we got married in August 2016 and we only filed our application till May 2017. Before that we were living together since 2014. Thanks again for your advise.
The issue is that he seems to have moved on to another relationship. If he was no longer in a genuine relationship with you he shouldn’t have sponsored you in the first place or should have withdrawn the sponsorship.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
The issue is that he seems to have moved on to another relationship. If he was no longer in a genuine relationship with you he shouldn’t have sponsored you in the first place or should have withdrawn the sponsorship.
You always answer like an immigration officer. Technically they were still in a relationship and trying to work on the marriage. It's not her fault that he left her for another woman.

@melissaj - You probably didn't need to include that much information. Marriages end everyday. In regards to your actual question. There is no work Around to the 5 year ban. You can try for a TRV or WP however depending on his situation if chances are slim, which they usually are, you may have to wait. That doesn't stop you from getting married or building on your relationship and making sure he's worth bring to Canada in the mean time. These men like to trick us when we're vulnerable. They know all the right things to say etc. Maybe its on purpose, gives you more time to grow together and build your application. Either way good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You always answer like an immigration officer. Technically they were still in a relationship and trying to work on the marriage. It's not her fault that he left her for another woman.

@melissaj - You probably didn't need to include that much information. Marriages end everyday. In regards to your actual question. There is no work Around to the 5 year ban. You can try for a TRV or WP however depending on his situation if chances are slim, which they usually are, you may have to wait. That doesn't stop you from getting married or building on your relationship and making sure he's worth bring to Canada in the mean time. These men like to trick us when we're vulnerable. They know all the right things to say etc. Maybe its on purpose, gives you more time to grow together and build your application. Either way good luck.
Just pointing out that the optics of the situation do not look good. The husband is the one should not have sponsored his wife if he had moved on and was no longer invested in his marriage and had created a life with another woman.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Guys, I asked for advise - not judgement. Please if you are here to pass judgement then don't do it on my posts. Find something else.

canuck78 - yes, marriages do begin and end everyday and you may answer questions as a immigration officer. However, I am perplex as to why its so hard that you didn't take some time to read and understand what I wrote before stating your advise. Also, I stated my entire situation because I needed genuine guidance advise. Had I shared some and kept some then I would've gotten half ass answers and advise.

As I stated, my ex and I decided that we will try and work on our relationship. We did try and at that time he was in the process of fighting for custody for his son. At that time the mother was getting more time with the son. My ex was in love with this boy and he did not want to loose any of that time. SO he decided that he will make things work with his baby mama. All the custody battle and fighting for the boy was after I landed. My ex and I ended things on good terms - people make mistakes and they sometime learn from it (I still have it in my mind that what he did to me when we were together, someone will do it back to him - and I am waiting).

Thank you again for all your positive advise. I will take into consideration the judgements too. No hard feelings.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys, I asked for advise - not judgement. Please if you are here to pass judgement then don't do it on my posts. Find something else.

canuck78 - yes, marriages do begin and end everyday and you may answer questions as a immigration officer. However, I am perplex as to why its so hard that you didn't take some time to read and understand what I wrote before stating your advise. Also, I stated my entire situation because I needed genuine guidance advise. Had I shared some and kept some then I would've gotten half ass answers and advise.

As I stated, my ex and I decided that we will try and work on our relationship. We did try and at that time he was in the process of fighting for custody for his son. At that time the mother was getting more time with the son. My ex was in love with this boy and he did not want to loose any of that time. SO he decided that he will make things work with his baby mama. All the custody battle and fighting for the boy was after I landed. My ex and I ended things on good terms - people make mistakes and they sometime learn from it (I still have it in my mind that what he did to me when we were together, someone will do it back to him - and I am waiting).

Thank you again for all your positive advise. I will take into consideration the judgements too. No hard feelings.
I think you are letting your husband off the hook. Not to be rude but this isn’t only about being ble to see his son or being in love with his son. He was choosing to continue his relationship with his baby mama not his marriage. Canada gives equal custody to many parents so you don’t have to be in a relationship to see your child in Canada. Given that he was in a situation where he was in 2 serious relationships at the same time he should not have been sponsoring anyone until he decided what relationship he was going to continue. In order to sponsor a spouse you have to be in a genuine marriage. If he is spending time with his baby mama and having a baby with her then there can be concerns whether this is a genuine marriage where sponsorship should have been approved. The fact that you separated 2 months after landing only adds to the concern.

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
I think you are letting your husband off the hook. Not to be rude but this isn’t only about being ble to see his son or being in love with his son. He was choosing to continue his relationship with his baby mama not his marriage. Canada gives equal custody to many parents so you don’t have to be in a relationship to see your child in Canada. Given that he was in a situation where he was in 2 serious relationships at the same time he should not have been sponsoring anyone until he decided what relationship he was going to continue. In order to sponsor a spouse you have to be in a genuine marriage. If he is spending time with his baby mama and having a baby with her then there can be concerns whether this is a genuine marriage where sponsorship should have been approved. The fact that you separated 2 months after landing only adds to the concern.
That I get - I was willing to adopt his son as my own. The couple of month I spent with him was amazing. From the day we moved in together, he was coming home to me every single night. He was the perfect husband and I never taught it would've ended this way. I had no idea of the affair until a a few weeks before the baby was due. During all this, he never moved out and we kept working on the relationship. I was aware that he would talk to his baby mama on the phone or he would take items over for the baby. Sometimes I would even accompany him or be with him when she dropped him off.

In the future please try to understand the other person point of view before commenting. You could be an aspiring immigration officer and that is great, but I dwelt with a few of them myself and what I learned from them is that they are always opened minded to every situation. Its because they are so opened minded that's why these process takes so long. Anyways, I apologize for being snappy. I despise when people jump to conclusion without knowing the full details of the situation. I do not like reflecting back to that past as it breaks my heart. I only wish to move forward and only seek advise on my current situation.

Thank you and best of luck.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

L.
You will have to wait until April 2023 to sponsor him and there is no means for him to obtain a work permit through you between now and then. There are no exceptions to these rules. Hopefully you were never previously in a relationship with this old friend - and specifically never lived with him. If you have, this may complication the process once you qualify to sponsor him.

Given you are still facing such a long wait, I would strongly recommend that he research Canada's economic immigration programs like Express Entry to determine if he qualifies to immigrate on his own based on his level of education, work experience, language abilities, age, etc. For Express Entry, he needs to have 470+ points to be selected (it's a points-based program). If he doesn't have enough points for EE, he can look into the PNP programs.

If he's able to secure a job offer from an employer in Canada and an approved LMIA, he could also come here on a work permit. However the chances of that happening are extremely low. I would recommend he focus on applying for PR.

Reactions: DiiDii

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
who knows, maybe he`s immigration officer (disguised):D LOL
Lol...That's what I'm thinking. Every time they like to tell people who should and shouldn't be sponsoring someone when that wasn't even her question. She was just giving her background to get answers to her current situation. Sometimes you come on here with a simple issue and leave with more problems than you came here with. It's serious...but not that serious.

Reactions: Belarusian

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
You will have to wait until April 2023 to sponsor him and there is no means for him to obtain a work permit through you between now and then. There are no exceptions to these rules. Hopefully you were never previously in a relationship with this old friend - and specifically never lived with him. If you have, this may complication the process once you qualify to sponsor him.

Given you are still facing such a long wait, I would strongly recommend that he research Canada's economic immigration programs like Express Entry to determine if he qualifies to immigrate on his own based on his level of education, work experience, language abilities, age, etc. For Express Entry, he needs to have 470+ points to be selected (it's a points-based program). If he doesn't have enough points for EE, he can look into the PNP programs.

If he's able to secure a job offer from an employer in Canada and an approved LMIA, he could also come here on a work permit. However the chances of that happening are extremely low. I would recommend he focus on applying for PR.
You always give nice detailed answers. Bless your heart.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Lol...That's what I'm thinking. Every time they like to tell people who should and shouldn't be sponsoring someone when that wasn't even her question. She was just giving her background to get answers to her current situation. Sometimes you come on here with a simple issue and leave with more problems than you came here with. It's serious...but not that serious.
I really don’t think it’s that. He (or she) often posts in such a way that you fully understand the situation you’re in. It’s not meant to judge or be offensive. Spousal sponsorship is a very serious undertaking and should be treated as such.