+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help!!!!

Dec 8, 2013
My working visa valid Nov. 2015. I started to work in Canada last March 2013. I rescinded my contract due to my employer non-compliance of the terms and conditions in my employment contract. I went back to Manila, Philippines last June 2013. Can I possibly re-enter Canada (as Live -in Caregiver)? What are the requirements that I and my prospective employer should comply?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your new employer needs to obtain a new approved LMO and then you need to apply for a new work permit. Once you have the new work permit, you can come to Canada and start working.

Dec 8, 2013
You mean I'll do again same process as I did when I applied working visa?where will I apply work permit?when i arrived canada last March my work permit was issued at the immigration right after my interview.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Did you enter as a Live-In Caregiver last time? Or with a different kind of work permit?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you were in Canada you could have sent your application to CPC Vegreville. Do you qualify under the live in caregiver program (certificate of 6 months caregiver training course or 1 year experience as a nanny/caregiver within the last three years)? If so then apply in the same manner you did the last time. If you came under the live in caregiver program the first time then probably the processing would be faster, else you'd have to wait 18 months, at least this was the processing length the last time I heard. If you're coming in the first time, the first WP is issued at the POE.

Mychelle F. Gavan said:
You mean I'll do again same process as I did when I applied working visa?where will I apply work permit?when i arrived canada last March my work permit was issued at the immigration right after my interview.

Dec 8, 2013
job_seeker said:
If you were in Canada you could have sent your application to CPC Vegreville. Do you qualify under the live in caregiver program (certificate of 6 months caregiver training course or 1 year experience as a nanny/caregiver within the last three years)? If so then apply in the same manner you did the last time. If you came under the live in caregiver program the first time then probably the processing would be faster, else you'd have to wait 18 months, at least this was the processing length the last time I heard. If you're coming in the first time, the first WP is issued at the POE.
After settlement at the standard employment I went back here in the Philippines. Yes, I am qualified under the Live-In Caregiver program. My working visa still valid until 2015?do I still need to do the same process just like I did before (Like SPEAK TEST and MEDICAL)?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mychelle F. Gavan said:
After settlement at the standard employment I went back here in the Philippines. Yes, I am qualified under the Live-In Caregiver program. My working visa still valid until 2015?do I still need to do the same process just like I did before (Like SPEAK TEST and MEDICAL)?
You need a new work visa to work for a new employer. Your old working visa cannot be transferred to a new employer. So yes - you will have to submit all of the paperwork again from scratch. You may be able to re-use the medical and speak test. That I don't know.

Dec 8, 2013
Hi scylla!
if ever i receive my contract and positive LMO from my prospective employer, can i go to Canada directly and apply new WP at the POE? Is this possible?

jealouz

Jan 28, 2014
Mychelle F. Gavan said:
Is there any particular reason WHY YOU WENT BACK HOME? Because you DON'T HAVE TO, even if you loose your job from the first contract, you have your TRV. YOu could have stayed, looked for another employer and apply from within Canada. You would have had your work permit within 3 months :(

But I think you can go back to Canada coz your TRV is still valid. Find an employer ASAP with LMO, then apply for a work permit.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
I think you can apply for re entry visa from Philippines as long as you have valid work permit. Try to that if not, find employer who is willing to wait for at least a year.